RANKING ISSUE

As you all know arena ranks reset today. I am very frustrated because I won 8/10 of my Swat games and have an overall KDA of 6.4! I GOT BRONZE 1 as my rank. If you are not aware this is the lowest arena rank in the game. Can someone please explain went went on here? I should have got a lot higher rank!

I think rankings are totally broken at the minute. My all time highest is Onyx on SWAT, yet my profile now shows (since around 5 days ago) that my highest ever ranking is Plat 3 in Slayer. Even in the most recent season (June/July) I got Diamond 1… Totally broken.

I haven’t seen this confirmed or not, but I suspect the ranking used to match you with opponents is constant and persists through all seasons of Arena and is independent of your visible ranking. How that impacts you? You would have built up a history of being a bronze tier player, and you’ll get matched against them until you’ve performed at a level above that. So even though your rank reset this season, and you won plenty of games in this season, you still did it against bronze competition and were ranked accordingly.

Another example in the other direction: last season I won 33% of my Team Slayer games, had a 0.75 K/D, and still made Diamond as I’ve been consistently matched ranked in that tier before.

That’s my suspicion. Or, ranks could be flat broken. They’ve been messed up for SWAT before.

> 2535408264846128;1:
> As you all know arena ranks reset today. I am very frustrated because I won 8/10 of my Swat games and have an overall KDA of 6.4! I GOT BRONZE 1 as my rank. If you are not aware this is the lowest arena rank in the game. Can someone please explain went went on here? I should have got a lot higher rank!

Looks like you’re gonna be posting some pretty high scores during the climb back to where you should be placed.

Okay thank you for the reply. I wanted to play very competitively this month and it is very disappointing this happened.

> 2535408264846128;5:
> Okay thank you for the reply. I wanted to play very competitively this month and it is very disappointing this happened.

Look on the bright side: winning a bunch of games and playing pretty well is better than getting matched against stiffer competition and potentially getting your brains bashed in! About midway through my last season, I was begging for a de-rank.

While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.

I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.

You were Bronze last season, and the MMR takes that into consideration.

Generally it places people conservatively, because you can grind your way out of a league, but you don’t drop back down. So they don’t want people placing super high and getting suck with players who’ll just beat them down all day.

Also, you were playing mostly Bronzes in your placement games, so even though you did very well, since you were playing against Bronzes that’s where it placed you.

The MMR takes into account a lot of different things, not just your K/D.

Best thing to do is play with people that were high ranks previously in Swat. You will get placed higher.

To be honest I don’t understand why qualification exists. You should have to start from bronze and work your way up.

> 2533274856260875;7:
> While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.
>
> I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.

I am in the same boat with Platinum. I have worked my way up to Oynx 2 seasons in a row now so I am hoping I get a higher initial placement this season. We will see I guess.

> 2533274858329100;11:
> > 2533274856260875;7:
> > While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.
> >
> > I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.
>
>
> I am in the same boat with Platinum. I have worked my way up to Oynx 2 seasons in a row now so I am hoping I get a higher initial placement this season. We will see I guess.

I’ve made Diamond again recently and had Onyx before. IT’ll be interesting to see if I stay in Diamond or if I’ll drop back to the boat.

> 2533274856260875;12:
> > 2533274858329100;11:
> > > 2533274856260875;7:
> > > While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.
> > >
> > > I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.
> >
> >
> > I am in the same boat with Platinum. I have worked my way up to Oynx 2 seasons in a row now so I am hoping I get a higher initial placement this season. We will see I guess.
>
>
> I’ve made Diamond again recently and had Onyx before. IT’ll be interesting to see if I stay in Diamond or if I’ll drop back to the boat.

Frustrating.

I usually place like high diamond and get to onyx but usually stop trying after so long because it’s almost pointless to me. But my placement matches I’ve matched only champions. Literally every game. I never really match champions just simply because I’m no where near that level. But out of the 10 games i won maybe 2 or 3 i solo q and had like a negative 2.3 because my teammates weren’t champions and place oynx 1600. So I think it’s defiantly broken

> 2533274858329100;13:
> > 2533274856260875;12:
> > > 2533274858329100;11:
> > > > 2533274856260875;7:
> > > > While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.
> > > >
> > > > I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.
> > >
> > >
> > > I am in the same boat with Platinum. I have worked my way up to Oynx 2 seasons in a row now so I am hoping I get a higher initial placement this season. We will see I guess.
> >
> >
> > I’ve made Diamond again recently and had Onyx before. IT’ll be interesting to see if I stay in Diamond or if I’ll drop back to the boat.
>
>
> Frustrating.

So because of several lag outs, playing against Onyx players and mainly just horrific team mates on the last few games, I only managed to win a embarrassing 2/10 yet it allows me to keep a reasonable Plat 4 rating. Can’t help but feel cheated out of maintaining my Diamond status after that placement run. Man frustrating is the word.

> 2533274826317859;10:
> To be honest I don’t understand why qualification exists. You should have to start from bronze and work your way up.

It wouldn’t be much fun for any of the actual bronze players to constantly be matched against people who are going to end up being significantly higher ranked. If everyone goes through all the ranks then you’re going to have onyx/champs stomping all the lower tier players on their way up. I like the idea of trying to find your CSR fairly early and for the most part the ranked matchmaking is pretty good in my experience.

> 2533274856260875;15:
> > 2533274858329100;13:
> > > 2533274856260875;12:
> > > > 2533274858329100;11:
> > > > > 2533274856260875;7:
> > > > > While I think the Ranking system is broken and it frustrates me how matches always are uneven. I feel in your case it built off your history as you’ve been Bronze 1 in SWAT twice before. I guess that still doesn’t explain how after 8 wins you are literally tier 1 still.
> > > > >
> > > > > I have the same thing with Platinum. A lot of the time I feel my placement would equal Onyx/Diamond but because I’ve traditionally resided in mid Platinum it keeps me round there a lot.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I am in the same boat with Platinum. I have worked my way up to Oynx 2 seasons in a row now so I am hoping I get a higher initial placement this season. We will see I guess.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’ve made Diamond again recently and had Onyx before. IT’ll be interesting to see if I stay in Diamond or if I’ll drop back to the boat.
> >
> >
> > Frustrating.
>
>
> So because of several lag outs, playing against Onyx players and mainly just horrific team mates on the last few games, I only managed to win a embarrassing 2/10 yet it allows me to keep a reasonable Plat 4 rating. Can’t help but feel cheated out of maintaining my Diamond status after that placement run. Man frustrating is the word.

I like that it can drop you down if you have a bad run of placement games in case you ever placed too high in a previous season. I can understand being frustrated but at the end of the day you’re probably going to get back to diamond fairly quickly if you can go on a streak the other way.