Ranking is POINTLESS!

Just got 1st on FFA during qualifying and it encountered a problem and couldn’t register the session data!

That’s after having to wait over a day for matchmaking to manage to get me into a game!

What the hell is going on?! What the point in having rankings if you can’t get access to the games and when you do your session data is lost! I’m not rubbish I don’t think, but I’m not good enough to go throwing 1st place away in qual’s!

I guess it’s lost, but no point me moaning about it but what the hell?!

Sort it out 343I. Take me back to pre-update if this is the foreseeable :rage:

> 2535436320910418;1:
> Just got 1st on FFA during qualifying and it encountered a problem and couldn’t register the session data!
>
> That’s after having to wait over a day for matchmaking to manage to get me into a game!
>
> What the hell is going on?! What the point in having rankings if you can’t get access to the games and when you do your session data is lost! I’m not rubbish I don’t think, but I’m not good enough to go throwing 1st place away in qual’s!
>
> I guess it’s lost, but no point me moaning about it but what the hell?!
>
> Sort it out 343I. Take me back to pre-update if this is the foreseeable :rage:

Have you tried restating your console?

It sometimes takes awhile for your completed matches to “load in”.

> 2533274870717152;2:
> > 2535436320910418;1:
> > Just got 1st on FFA during qualifying and it encountered a problem and couldn’t register the session data!
> >
> > That’s after having to wait over a day for matchmaking to manage to get me into a game!
> >
> > What the hell is going on?! What the point in having rankings if you can’t get access to the games and when you do your session data is lost! I’m not rubbish I don’t think, but I’m not good enough to go throwing 1st place away in qual’s!
> >
> > I guess it’s lost, but no point me moaning about it but what the hell?!
> >
> > Sort it out 343I. Take me back to pre-update if this is the foreseeable :rage:
>
> Have you tried restating your console?
>
> It sometimes takes awhile for your completed matches to “load in”.

It gave me a “we encountered a proble…blah blah” at the end of that match. Reset the concole, it doesn’t even remember I played the match. Number of qualifying games played as if it never happened and no session data!

Your game still counts, but you won’t see it in the game. The game I’m assuming you’re referring to is linked below.

Link

> 2727626560040591;4:
> Your game still counts, but you won’t see it in the game. The game you’re referring to is linked below.
>
> Link

Doesn’t show up on the qualifying games though?

You previously had 3 games completed going off of your previous FFA game and now you have 4 completed so it does count.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> You previously had 3 games completed going off of your previous FFA game and now you have 4 completed so it does count.

Indeed. It shows up now, thanks!

Why the lag in data and also in matchmaking? Any idea?

No idea. It’s been an ongoing issue since the game came out.

> 2727626560040591;8:
> No idea. It’s been an ongoing issue since the game came out.

Ok.

It’s frustrating to say the least!

It might not ever appear I’ve had games never get saved that I wanted to check what ever the weird thing that was happening in game in theatre.

> 2533274962122285;10:
> It might not ever appear I’ve had games never get saved that I wanted to check what ever the weird thing that was happening in game in theatre.

Mine is now viewable. It’s not the first times it’s happened mind. I didn’t know I could check them via Waypoint then though, so they may well have turned up on record a while, I don’t know.

It’s mega annoying though.

I think it seems to happen more when other issues like matchmaking not finding games and in game lag, even when on ‘focused’ are happening! Must be some system wide thing

Ranking is kind of pointless anyway, unless you are vain or interested in competing in tournaments.

But session data loss is very annoying regardless and should definitely be fixed (assuming it’s not a connection problem, e.g. high latency on your end).

> 2533274810001991;12:
> Ranking is kind of pointless anyway, unless you are vain or interested in competing in tournaments.
>
> But session data loss is very annoying regardless and should definitely be fixed (assuming it’s not a connection problem, e.g. high latency on your end).

Agreed, but the fact that nabbing a last minute 1st, over 2nd place is much more satisfying and adrenaline blasting when you’re striving for the next level. Weather it’s from bronze to gold, or platinum to diamond. We are all much more driven by the stamp of recognition…at least I am :sweat_smile:

ok, mate, well I can’t help you coz I never ran into that issue. Soz man.

Well you gained the experience and can afford to forget about that one time you got 1st but didn’t count. Honestly any problems like that I’ve had have usually sorted themselves out later.

> 2535459859635299;15:
> Well you gained the experience and can afford to forget about that one time you got 1st but didn’t count. Honestly any problems like that I’ve had have usually sorted themselves out later.

Yeah man, picked up 4 x 1st place this eve so hoping for a fairly good qual. 4 x 1st, 2 x 2nd, 1 x 3rd. Even then I find qualification matches unpredictable. You don’t always get the outcome you expect

I’ve won 8 in my last 24 I think. I never enter a match to win or expect to, I just hope to not get obliterated and hold my own. Then I have fun. Lol

> 2535459859635299;17:
> I’ve won 8 in my last 24 I think. I never enter a match to win or expect to, I just hope to not get obliterated and hold my own. Then I have fun. Lol

I think my BP needs this mindset! :joy::joy::joy:

BP? To be fair i have never had higher than gold 5 in ffa I think. But that’s okay with me. Lol. Honestly don’t lose the fun of it.

> 2535459859635299;19:
> BP? To be fair i have never had higher than gold 5 in ffa I think. But that’s okay with me. Lol

Blood pressure :sweat_smile:

I’ve been in the platinums but want higher. For almost all variants I find it tricky not being in a team as you end up with whoever and points are based on team wins, not individual performance (another gripe :smirk:)