Ranking Innovation: 1-100 Point System.

I have come here to talk about the ranking system in Halo 4. Unlike other people, I believe that 1-50 just will not work. Why? Simple. The 1-50 locked you in place, and overall it encouraged boosting.

I propose that we have a system like 1-50, but not exact. For one, it goes up to 100 and runs off of points. Not like Reach, where you get points for just sitting there. In this system you get points for assists, kills, headshots, wins and pretty much every medal. But, you can also get penalized. If you die, betray or lose, you’ll get penalized a certain number of these points. If you get enough points, you go up a rank. But, for example if you’re at level 50 with one point, and in the next match, you’re responsible for all of the other teams kills, you never get a kill yourself, you get no medals, and you lose terribly, then you might go to level 49, perhaps 48 or 47.

To prevent selling accounts and boosting, we would match you against people of around the same rank. So if you buy an account at level 100, but on your real account you suck, you might lose all your points because you’ll be matched agianst people of the same level as your bought account, and put the account back at level ten.

This will also help people of the same rank be matched with each other, instead of it being broken like Reach’s system and people with 5.0 K/D agianst ones with 0.5 K/D.

Great idea!
But I’ve given up on worrying about the ranking system.
I’ll just see how 343 does it.
Hopefully, it’ll be something like this.

• III P u r 3 III -

I composed a very similar idea about a month ago. My topic was convoluted and verbose. I like your post because it’s simple and to the point.

I agree with you. (:

Not a bad idea, but I don’t like the idea of losing points if I have an off day or if I take a break from Halo for a while. Perhaps maybe some sort of multiplier could be put into effect instead? If you do poorly you don’t gain much XP or if you continuously do poorly then you drop down a level. I just don’t like the idea of my rank being at risk every time I play a game. After all it is a game and if I’m spending more time being stressed feeling like I must do well it kind of makes it hard for me to enjoy the game. Personally, I would like a mix between Reach and Halo 3 if some sort of balance could be found that would be ideal.

> Not a bad idea, but I don’t like the idea of losing points if I have an off day or if I take a break from Halo for a while. Perhaps maybe some sort of multiplier could be put into effect instead? If you do poorly you don’t gain much XP or if you continuously do poorly then you drop down a level. I just don’t like the idea of my rank being at risk every time I play a game. After all it is a game and if I’m spending more time being stressed feeling like I must do well it kind of makes it hard for me to enjoy the game. Personally, I would like a mix between Reach and Halo 3 if some sort of balance could be found that would be ideal.

A single off day won’t do anything. It’s so easy to get onto these ranks; but it’s also very eay to fall off of them. If you really deserve to get that rank, you’ll get back on easily.

> > Not a bad idea, but I don’t like the idea of losing points if I have an off day or if I take a break from Halo for a while. Perhaps maybe some sort of multiplier could be put into effect instead? If you do poorly you don’t gain much XP or if you continuously do poorly then you drop down a level. I just don’t like the idea of my rank being at risk every time I play a game. After all it is a game and if I’m spending more time being stressed feeling like I must do well it kind of makes it hard for me to enjoy the game. Personally, I would like a mix between Reach and Halo 3 if some sort of balance could be found that would be ideal.
>
> A single off day won’t do anything. It’s so easy to get onto these ranks; but it’s also very eay to fall off of them. If you really deserve to get that rank, you’ll get back on easily.

I see I just had another idea that would be good too though. How about a game type that doesn’t improve or damage your rank by playing it? It could be a playlist that could be purely for just getting back into the game so your skills are sharpened before you jump back into the competitive scene and put your rank on the line.

> > > Not a bad idea, but I don’t like the idea of losing points if I have an off day or if I take a break from Halo for a while. Perhaps maybe some sort of multiplier could be put into effect instead? If you do poorly you don’t gain much XP or if you continuously do poorly then you drop down a level. I just don’t like the idea of my rank being at risk every time I play a game. After all it is a game and if I’m spending more time being stressed feeling like I must do well it kind of makes it hard for me to enjoy the game. Personally, I would like a mix between Reach and Halo 3 if some sort of balance could be found that would be ideal.
> >
> > A single off day won’t do anything. It’s so easy to get onto these ranks; but it’s also very eay to fall off of them. If you really deserve to get that rank, you’ll get back on easily.
>
> I see I just had another idea that would be good too though. How about a game type that doesn’t improve or damage your rank by playing it? It could be a playlist that could be purely for just getting back into the game so your skills are sharpened before you jump back into the competitive scene and put your rank on the line.

Social; unranked playlist. (:

I like it cause with Halo 3’s system I was giving really bad players but after a couple of games my rank shot up a matched me with pros and I ending up losing terribly which then lowered my rank back down to what it was and never inbetween… it was a vicious cycle. :frowning:

Sounds almost like the BPR here on Waypoint. For a lot of people it’s easy to get a 100

> The 1-50 locked you in place

No it didn’t.

You can lose a 50, it’s not there indefinitely.

My bad. When I said locked in place, I meant if you did bad you’d get stuck on your current rank, and you need to get like 10x better then you are right at the time. I didn’t mean you couldn’t lose a fifty. Although, from what I heard, it was difficult as getting out of Tartarus after returning Cerebus to Hades.

> My bad. When I said locked in place, I meant if you did bad you’d get stuck on your current rank, and you need to get like 10x better then you are right at the time. I didn’t mean you couldn’t lose a fifty. Although, from what I heard, it was difficult as getting out of Tartarus after returning Cerebus to Hades.

That was because Trueskill played a large role in 1-50. After a large amount of games, it would find a players skill and make them stay in that general area.