Ranked Warzone??

It is no secret that since the Achiles Armor was released, there has been an uptake in entire teams running warzone lobbies. Personally, I am a fan of more people playing warzone. I think it is better than arena and there is a good mix of sweaty and casual players. That being said, what do you think about a ranked Warzone Playlist? I think you have to do the ranking different than arena. Maybe it doesnt do a monthly reset? Maybe it somehow skips the 10 ranking matches so entire teams don’t intentionally push for bronze? If it is in the same format as WZ now (24 players), set it up so you have to go in with a fireteam of either 6 or 12? No solo players. Set it up so the BanHammer detects team betrayls and intentional suicides, but not for DNF possibly? I know connections can get screwy when playing in lobbies of that size.

What are your thoughts? I think it would gain traction. Especially if you set it up so there is more XP or RP rewarded.

Wouldn’t a ranked warzone ruin the REQ system’s current balance of being not pay-to-win?

> 2533274804912545;2:
> Wouldn’t a ranked warzone ruin the REQ system’s current balance of being not pay-to-win?

i mean there are a ton of players that are maxed on reqs. I personally almost have all weapons and vehicles and I haven’t spent much extra money on the game at all. But also, this is another reason why the ranking system would have to be done differently than the arena ranking system.

Ranked with everyone having different advantages (REQs). The one thing is armor mods that enhance your spartan. Interesting but I doubt it would work. Ranked IMO, should always be an even playing field.

1. no
  2. there is not a large enough population
  3. pay to win

> 2701489597929026;4:
> Ranked with everyone having different advantages (REQs). The one thing is armor mods that enhance your spartan. Interesting but I doubt it would work. Ranked IMO, should always be an even playing field.

I don’t know how much it would make a huge difference. The fact is you have to earn the req points still… so a good team that can out BR another team can still beat them no matter how many reqs you call in. If that is a big case though, maybe you limit it to level 5 or 6 req levels?? That avoids the major things like Phaetons, but still allows the basic items like snipers and tanks.

[deleted]

> 2533274871914584;5:
> 1. no
> 2. there is not a large enough population
> 3. pay to win

1. Thanks for your opinion
  2. That isn’t true. Warzone population is growing because of Achilies. Plus the added benefit of higher XP bonus may help that even more.
  3. I think that could be adjusted some-- in my previous reply I recommended limiting reqs to level 5 or 6 possibly. This would keep the major OP items off the field of play, yet you still get things like Snipers and Tanks.

> 2535457813471101;7:
> I don’t like this idea. If you are concerned with teams spawn trapping it would be much better to have a mercenary style warzone where only parties of 1 or 2 can search.

Mercenary is a good idea actually. I havent thought of that.

As far as spawn trapping, I have only had that done to me once. I am normally on the team that is doing the trapping candidly. There are just days we get tired of dominating and want a challenge. this is where the rank would come in I think. Plus some teams just wanna show off-- this could work for them too.

Ranked Warzone would be nice as long as it is is its own playlist like a social Warzone and ranked so that way the lone wolves won’t have as many problems with teams and tryhards and yes I’m one of those guys

> 2533274851810026;10:
> Ranked Warzone would be nice as long as it is is its own playlist like a social Warzone and ranked so that way the lone wolves won’t have as many problems with teams and tryhards and yes I’m one of those guys

youre one of the lone wolves? Man i was too then I was running into teams way too often. I had to adapt and ended up joining a spartan company. I like the guys in there. Everybody is competitive but not too competitive haha!
Like I have said multiple times already, I don’t think the current Arena ranking system would work with Warzone, but Ranked could be worked out.

> 2533274871914584;5:
> 1. no
> 2. there is not a large enough population
> 3. pay to win

Although simple, he makes a very valid point. Especially #2.

> 2690096563135647;12:
> > 2533274871914584;5:
> > 1. no
> > 2. there is not a large enough population
> > 3. pay to win
>
>
> Although simple, he makes a very valid point. Especially #2.

> 2533274799308428;8:
> > 2533274871914584;5:
> > 1. no
> > 2. there is not a large enough population
> > 3. pay to win
>
>
> 1. Thanks for your opinion
> 2. That isn’t true. Warzone population is growing because of Achilies. Plus the added benefit of higher XP bonus may help that even more.
> 3. I think that could be adjusted some-- in my previous reply I recommended limiting reqs to level 5 or 6 possibly. This would keep the major OP items off the field of play, yet you still get things like Snipers and Tanks.

Did you see my reply? lol

Especially to #3 - I am trying to think - most of the OP reqs are all 7-8 (with the exception of The Answer at least haha)