Ranked Solo/Duo Playlists are Dead

I can’t remember exactly what was mentioned in the blog post about the 3 ranked playlists, but it’s definitely time to consider scrapping the two Solo/duo playlists because they’re basically dead. It’s prime time (8:00 PM Pacific) and it’s taking 5 minutes just to find a match (controller). This has been consistent for about a week now. I can’t even imagine how the keyboard/mouse playlist is doing

Update: it seems like the population is hurting these playlists because the matchmaker is terrible! These games are so lopsided

7 Likes

I had to switch from the MnK playlist to the Open playlist since I either have to wait for over 10 minutes or it says “There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist. Please try a different playlist.”

4 Likes

Its because open is the default. I have a few friends that didn’t even know solo/duo was an option. They just plopped into the ranked menu and queued up.

5 Likes

The UI in this game is one of the worst I’ve ever seen…and that speaks volumes considering this is supposed to be a next gen title yet it is worse than games released over 15 years ago! The menu system looks basic on the surface yet still manages to not be user friendly…why hide essential options in drop down menus when they could have just listed them vertically in a sub menu?

Everything about this game feels low budget yet apparently it cost them $500m which is 5x the budget of Halo5 and over 10x that of Halo3. It is beyond comprehension how this game has haemorrhaged money and now players.

343i: “our UI doesn’t allow us to add playlists or sub menus without breaking something else in the game”

8 Likes

Same issues. And when I do find a match it’s always with the same people.

4 Likes

such a shame 343 let this happen

4 Likes

I used to be one of those people. Just played Open for a couple months before someone I was playing with asking what my solo/duo rank was and I was like “huh?” lol

But I didn’t even think that there may still be others that have no idea because Open is the default option when selecting the Ranked playlist. I guess I’ll start focusing on that and using solo/duo as my “ranked warmup” from now on to get into games faster.

2 Likes

Sadly, the whole game is dead. I was for the longest time what a lot of you would call a 343 apologist but after the lack of communication the last few months and then when we get communication its basically like a bunch of “Coming Soon” tm I’m just over this game now. Whoever didn’t have the game ready to switch to a live service after December messed up big time. oh well, at least I got a cool skinned Series X out of all of this, I guess.

When I played on a regular basis. I used solo duo as a warm up for a few games then moved on to Open for the real deal.

1 Like

It does not help that in order to play Solo/Duo, I need to first choose that playlist, and then I need to switch it from keyboard to controller.

Why is keyboard option the first one on Series X that does not even have keyboard attached to it?

1 Like

It’s been this way in EU off peak hours for a couple months now. Now if you aren’t playing peak times here you’ll struggle to find games even in quickplay. The game is either genuinely dead or there’s something busted with matchmaking that won’t put you in a game outside your region.

2 Likes

In the current state of Infinite, ranked is a completelly worthless mode. Why play this when you have other shooters with both content and a proper netcode?

5 Likes

Why are you even in these forums?

1 Like

I play Halo, why wouldnt I be? Why are YOU here?

1 Like

This shouldn’t have been an option in the first place. The game should filter teams from solos behind the scenes like Halo 3 did. Another stupid design decision.

Searching duos ranked right now…
Estimed wait time of 4:59
Then it connects and says cannot connect to dedicated server

This is so embarrassing 343

4 Likes

It’s probably mainly because a majority doesn’t know the other option exists lol. I just put it on crossplay all the time seems to find matches quickly

In another thread someone told me to just play crossplay because you get decent teams. I didn’t notice a difference yet as I’m not ranked, except there’s more mics and faster search times. A solo playlist would never work anyway. I don’t know why we can’t just have a list of raked gamemodes with party matching. It’s so simple.