Ranked player FORCED to play Tenrai

So first off let me say that this game is amazing. I am having so much fun playing, these are the bast maps I’ve seen designed and I’m not talking about how they look though they look amazing. But as someone who likes to play ranked in shooters the flow of the maps is amazing and they feel really good. I haven’t seen maps like this in a game in a long time.

But as bad as the battle pass was I was looking past it, because I knew the devs are figuring it out and tuning it. But this Tenari event has thrown me over the edge a bit(still going to be playing though). Now as a ranked player to have to play the Fiesta mode over and over again is terrible. I wan’t to get better at the game, move up in ranked. Play a mode where skill maters and its not just explosions everywhere. Now modes like this are fun soemtimes but to be forced to play it over and over to get challenges, to force people to play a certain way is really demoralizing. And makes me not want to play because I do want to unlock stuff too. It’s also just bad for the game itself. Whether QP or BTB people are focused on challenges rather then objective, which completely ruins the experience of the game. Challenges like these maybe make sense in a game like Fornite, they definitely do not here. Challenges should be gotten rid of completely, not overhauled, not changed level up the BP by just playing the game. Shouldn’t your game be good enough to play on it’s own instead of making people feel like they need to do challenges, and in my opinion with almost 40 hours and playing mostly ranked it does. This tenari even is making you do specific challenges that are grouped with regular weekly challenges and if you havent gotten the BP you miss out on a challenge slot which makes it more unbearable because now I have to do those to get to the tenari event challenges. It’s like this extra event is forcing you to get BP. People might say then just get the BP, but I don’t want to play that way and I don’t like the skins enough to buy it. (Already bought a helmet in the store) This just sucks, I kinda don’t feel like playing as much because of this. While I saw no slowing down playing this game in sight, I probably will. With FFXIV expansion coming out soon I’ll probably be playing that instead maybe play this here or there. They need to fix this stuff sonner or later or it could actually hurt the game long term. As some people look at this as negative as they have been, when that happens it could take YEARS to get people back because people will already have a bad opinion about it. Ex. FFXIV, SW Battlefront 2, and although Titanfall 2 was an amazing underrated game, it had a bad release because it released at the same time with a new COD and battlefield game. Having a good launch is really important. Devs telling people we are working on it isn’t good enough, most people miss that stuff.

Well that’s my rant hope things change sooner rather then later.

2 Likes

Yeah i’m not really keen on the idea that we have to play a specific mode to grind out a few tiers of an event, all challenges during the event period should count towards it, in my opinion.

1 Like

The challenges are easy, we all know its stupid that the event challenges are mixed up with the regular challenges, but they took me very little time to complete.

Event challenges should have their own track, divorced from the regular weeklies and that don’t award XP. At the same time, Fiesta objective modes would be a great way to allow people focussing on the event more while still progressing their season pass.

2 Likes

While the event ones may not take a super long time it takes enough. I’'ve played around 7 rounds of fiesta and Im still not done. And some people only have so much time to play and if they want to unlock cosmetics when they do play they are now forced to play a certain way instead of having fun and playing how they want to. It just doesn’t feel good.

I really like that the Event has a Mode to go with it, but i think its unfair that the Mode is the only way to make progress in the Event. IMO everyone who plays during the event should make progress on the event and the people who choose to play the Mode should just have more options/faster progress.

1 Like

Just don’t play it? No one is forcing you to

1 Like

I agree 100%! I love that a special mode is out for the event as well!