Ranked Matchmaking is Out.

What a sad night for myself and the competitive community. I signed into live to find a friend of mine (who reviews games) playing Halo 4. I messaged him immediately with the only question that matters - Is ranked matchmaking in?

He replied telling me he has not noticed any ranked playlist of any sort. He said the only “level” system he has found is the poor progression system used in Call of Duty. It’s hard to believe Halo has come to this, and it’s almost laughable that Call of Duty will now after all these years include ranked playlists. It’s almost as if the two games swapped roles.

If a thread like this has been created already I’m sorry, I didn’t feel like having the game spoiled by searching the forums right now.

If you don’t believe me (trust me I wish I were lying to) click the image below. The image is of my friends list so there are no spoilers, just shows my friend (whose named I whited out) on Halo 4.

Edit There is still a slight chance they are waiting until launch to open up the ranked playlist. This is very unlikely but I guess there is still a little hope.

[deleted]

If that’s the case, Halo 4 will be what Reach is in six months tops.

Reach 2.0 here we come!

I’m a competitive player, and I really don’t care.

Just because it’s a progression system to unlock armor, weapons and stuff, doesn’t mean there won’t be a true skill system underneath.

For instance, you could be SR130 but be bad at the game so it will pair you with other bad people ranging form SR1-SR130.

From what I understand, I may be mistaken, but that’s how the Reach system was supposed to work. Hence why you got a ‘rating’ after each game.

Halo ranked system is stupid = if you lose you lose rank thats stupid… COD style ranking is the best

That’s nice. I’m guessing he didn’t bother to tell you that there’s only 12 new Forge items?

This is… sigh.

I put faith in you 343, to bring back a competitive Halo MM away from Reach and Bungie and bring Halo back to it roots; to what made it great, like you said you would. But it looks like you care more for selling copies and money then on Halos past. Halo was great because it stood out from the crowd, it was new, and fresh, and fast-paced when you knew how to play well. Now it is trying to be conventional and ‘modern’ and ‘evolve’ to satisfy a greater market. I will still get the game but I’m out of the MM and at this rate Halo will be out of MLG permanently. God forbid when Halo 3 goes offline.

We already know that the Ranking System will be released after launch, so all I can say for you guys is to just wait.

> Just because it’s a progression system to unlock armor, weapons and stuff, doesn’t mean there won’t be a true skill system underneath.
>
> For instance, you could be SR130 but be bad at the game so it will pair you with other bad people ranging form SR1-SR130.
>
> From what I understand, I may be mistaken, but that’s how the Reach system was supposed to work. Hence why you got a ‘rating’ after each game.

Reach did have the option to turn on strict trueskill (it was off by default), but due to low populations, it didn’t (couldn’t) work very well.

You are correct in that there are some playlists that will use strict trueskull to match players of similar skill.

> From what I understand, I may be mistaken, but that’s how the Reach system was supposed to work. Hence why you got a ‘rating’ after each game.

Oh how the Halo 2 and 3 player who enjoyed a skill based ranking system like the Reach way.

The hidden trueskill system in Reach sure worked well. I mean, I don’t think I have played a Halo with a better matchmaking system than Reach. 5/5 stars to the developers on that one!

> That’s nice. I’m guessing he didn’t bother to tell you that there’s only 12 new Forge items?

WHAT!

What is 343 playing at?

Whether it’s out or not I don’t really care. I’m competitive and I just want equal matches.

Anything else is just a little bonus to me.

Why is this important anyway? a video game is supposed to be fun. Why are we only worried about getting to the next rank? Shouldn’t the main reason to play it be to have fun with your friends?

They are still working on the ranking.

> I’m a competitive player, and I really don’t care.

^ This.

This doesn’t really bother me. I can play with people who are more or less skilled then me just fine. I hate griefers, which are impossible to avoid.

Well, 343i haven’t even announced their so-called ‘ranking system’ yet, so let’s just wait for this so-called ‘update’.

:smiley:

> They are still working on the ranking.

this, it’s part of the launch day TU. /thread.