Ranked BTB?

Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well but either way is fine. Thoughts?

> 2533274832732883;1:
> A lot of people don’t want Big Team Battle ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?

Even social playlists had ranks. They just didn’t show the rank. But the rank system is basically just a system to match you with people of equal or near equal skill.

So the whole nature of matchmaking is based on ranks.

I think it’s fine either way.
Just don’t get your hopes up for unranked.
I mean the weekend playlists are ranked for godsakes.

Pretty sure it was ranked in Halo 3. Of course it wasn’t in Reach and 4 which is the games that started the decline , at least in the opinion of some of us.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> > 2533274832732883;1:
> > A lot of people don’t want Big Team Battle ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
>
>
> Even social playlists had ranks. They just didn’t show the rank. But the rank system is basically just a system to match you with people of equal or near equal skill.
>
> So the whole nature of matchmaking is based on ranks.

Good Point. I think showing the ranks makes people play more competitively in the playlist though.

> 2533274832732883;1:
> Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?

lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.

You have to understand the difference between rank and unranked.

Structural differences. Ranked has banning for quitting, visible rankings, no join in progress.
Social has join in progress and no quit ban and no visible ranks.

Both have matchmaking to match similar skilled players.

Then there are the differences that players have while playing ranked and unranked. Some people try harder for ranks in unranked. Some like to ignore objectives and play with vehicles in social without worrying about ranking. But not everyone plays like this. Some will play casual in ranked games and some will team up and try super hard in unranked.

> 2533274800197043;4:
> Pretty sure it was ranked in Halo 3. Of course it wasn’t in Reach and 4 which is the games that started the decline , at least in the opinion of some of us.

I know it wasn’t ranked in h2, but I don’t think it was ranked in h3 either. I agree Halo 4 is what made halo take a cliff dive imo.

> 2533274848577435;6:
> > 2533274832732883;1:
> > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
>
>
> lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.

Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol

Some playlist just shouldn’t be ranked. I wanna own noobs and have a varied battlefield.

> 2533274832732883;9:
> > 2533274848577435;6:
> > > 2533274832732883;1:
> > > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.
>
>
> Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol

Before you do, let me check first…I am having doubts now.

> 2533274832732883;9:
> > 2533274848577435;6:
> > > 2533274832732883;1:
> > > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.
>
>
> Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol

I remember it having a ranked and unranked variant in its heyday.

I’d rather have it unranked. If they’re gonna make it ranked, they should atleast add social unranked playlists and gamemodes first since basically currently everything is ranked.

> 2533274803493024;12:
> > 2533274832732883;9:
> > > 2533274848577435;6:
> > > > 2533274832732883;1:
> > > > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.
> >
> >
> > Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol
>
>
> I remember it having a ranked and unranked variant in its heyday.

I am looking at my profile on Bungie for H3 and it is showing Social BTB, Social Slayer, and the only ranked version of that was Squad Battle. I still however feel that BTB should be ranked, however they should also make a social version. In H4 it was ranked on the old Waypoint app for CSR, and I think Reach later in its life had a ranked CSR as well.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> > 2533274832732883;1:
> > A lot of people don’t want Big Team Battle ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
>
>
> Even social playlists had ranks. They just didn’t show the rank. But the rank system is basically just a system to match you with people of equal or near equal skill.
>
> So the whole nature of matchmaking is based on ranks.

Social is loosely based on ranks, but it is not a priority at all speed is the highest priority.

> 2533274848577435;14:
> > 2533274803493024;12:
> > > 2533274832732883;9:
> > > > 2533274848577435;6:
> > > > > 2533274832732883;1:
> > > > > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.
> > >
> > >
> > > Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol
> >
> >
> > I remember it having a ranked and unranked variant in its heyday.
>
>
> I am looking at my profile on Bungie for H3 and it is showing Social BTB, Social Slayer, and the only ranked version of that was Squad Battle. I still however feel that BTB should be ranked, however they should also make a social version. In H4 it was ranked on the old Waypoint app for CSR, and I think Reach later in its life had a ranked CSR as well.

I just want a playlist to chill in that isn’t warzone. I don’t wanna play all the time worrying about ranking up or down.

> 2533274832732883;1:
> Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well but either way is fine. Thoughts?

There was ranked BTB in halo 3 lol they had both. A ranked playlist and a social one. Do not say they never had it ranked before.

In my opinion BTB should be ranked because of reasons.

> 2533274832732883;16:
> > 2533274848577435;14:
> > > 2533274803493024;12:
> > > > 2533274832732883;9:
> > > > > 2533274848577435;6:
> > > > > > 2533274832732883;1:
> > > > > > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well because it has always been a social playlist. Thoughts?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > lol it was ranked in H3 what are you on about? Maybe you were thinking of social slayer.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Was it? You’re the second person to say that. I should fix that lol
> > >
> > >
> > > I remember it having a ranked and unranked variant in its heyday.
> >
> >
> > I am looking at my profile on Bungie for H3 and it is showing Social BTB, Social Slayer, and the only ranked version of that was Squad Battle. I still however feel that BTB should be ranked, however they should also make a social version. In H4 it was ranked on the old Waypoint app for CSR, and I think Reach later in its life had a ranked CSR as well.
>
>
> I just want a playlist to chill in that isn’t warzone. I don’t wanna play all the time worrying about ranking up or down.

Then don’t worry. If you stress out about ranks that is on you. Not the developers.

> 2533274814239913;17:
> > 2533274832732883;1:
> > Big Team Battle is coming tomorrow and lot of people don’t want it to be ranked. I personally don’t want it to be ranked as well but either way is fine. Thoughts?
>
>
> There was ranked BTB in halo 3 lol they had both. A ranked playlist and a social one. Do not say they never had it ranked before.

I know. I corrected myself.