Rank System Question

Last night my friends and I decided to do our 10 placement games in slayer to see what our ranks would be. We won 9/10 games and all but one of us ranked Diamond 1. Why would it rank him as a Platinum 1 if we all played the same matches and he played just as well as us? Can someone please explain this to me because it doesn’t seem fair to rank him lower. Also, from what I’ve read on the rank system, it’s supposed to be purely based on team W/L and not individual skill. So even if he wasn’t pulling the same KDA %, then he should still rank the same as the rest of us based on the new system (from my understanding).

> 2533274821089769;1:
> Last night my friends and I decided to do our 10 placement games in slayer to see what our ranks would be. We won 9/10 games and all but one of us ranked Diamond 1. Why would it rank him as a Platinum 1 if we all played the same matches and he played just as well as us? Can someone please explain this to me because it doesn’t seem fair to rank him lower. Also, from what I’ve read on the rank system, it’s supposed to be purely based on team W/L and not individual skill. So even if he wasn’t pulling the same KDA %, then he should still rank the same as the rest of us based on the new system (from my understanding).

i think besides the win match/lost match ratio it also scans how well you performed in the matches you won. It does that ONLY during the 10 fist matches… then a win is a win and a lost match is a lost match

> 2535431623913003;2:
> > 2533274821089769;1:
> > Last night my friends and I decided to do our 10 placement games in slayer to see what our ranks would be. We won 9/10 games and all but one of us ranked Diamond 1. Why would it rank him as a Platinum 1 if we all played the same matches and he played just as well as us? Can someone please explain this to me because it doesn’t seem fair to rank him lower. Also, from what I’ve read on the rank system, it’s supposed to be purely based on team W/L and not individual skill. So even if he wasn’t pulling the same KDA %, then he should still rank the same as the rest of us based on the new system (from my understanding).
>
>
> i think besides the win match/lost match ratio it also scans how well you performed in the matches you won. It does that ONLY during the 10 fist matches… then a win is a win and a lost match is a lost match

That still seems like a pretty big jump. Especially when I’ve seen people who have lost 4 games of the 10 and still rank Platinum 1. Unless the difference between a platinum and a diamond is very slim and then what would be the point of the ranks?

The 10 placement matches are based on skill to decide which tier you are assigned, I barely won anything in SWAT, I think 2 out of 10 but I was still placed in Platinum.

Once you are in a tier then the only way to move up the ranks within said tier, is by winning matches.

I had a feeling it used individual ranking in the placement matches.

I played all my games today with a party of 4, and whiIe I didn’t go outstanding, just placing top 2 on our team consistently rewarded my brother and I Diamond 1 for us both and Gold 3 and Platinum 1 for the other two in our party.

After that, our Gold friend hit Gold 2 while we still stuck with our placement ranks after winning 3 games or so.

In FFA i never came 1st, was in top 3 though for at least 7/10 matches and got placed in onyx. I dropped awesome KDA so i guess the placement matches do count individual skill

Pretty sure its both W/L and KDA, because this happened with my friends as well we played all 10 games together I was placed in Plat for slayer and they were in Silver to Gold but I was top nearly every game and the lowest guy was placed in silver so there must be some other element other than W/L

The ranking system is broke i’ve won maybe 5-6 swat games in a row and have been stuck at the same csr lol and sometimes i even go down for winning

The real question is how I got platinum one when I lost the majority of my first ten swat games and was probably averaging between 3 and 5 kills per game. Also my friend who was averaging between 6 and 10 kills also got platinum one

Just finished 10th swat match, won 7/10 matches, finished negative K/D on 4 of those 10 matches. Earned an onyx division

I better get my games in while i can then