Rank Resets Every 3 Months

Resetting ranks every month is overkill. They should reset them every 3 to coincide with real seasons of the year. Then hand out emblems to those of us who have reached Onyx in at least one playlist. I don’t want a participation trophy emblem…

Unless if you are getting worse at halo, the monthly seasons are fairly solid. It also means more emblems to brag to your friends about.

I have nothing against the monthly resets. They give me a reason to play gamemodes which I do not like

There is nothing wrong with resetting the ranks. It give me another challenge to accomplish!!

Resetting ranks every month gets motivated to not try to get ranks. Who cares if you can’t keep your rank and see how it progresses every now and then. Did 343i forget that we can still rank up or down once we achieve our rank?
Think about it. After playing 10 placement matches with random players varying in rank, you get to play with players in your rank making the games fair from then on forth. But once the ranks reset, we get placed back in placement matches dealing with either very good or very bad players. This results in 10 random matches every month, and I don’t play that much anymore.

> 2535457602766763;1:
> Resetting ranks every month is overkill. They should reset them every 3 to coincide with real seasons of the year. Then hand out emblems to those of us who have reached Onyx in at least one playlist. I don’t want a participation trophy emblem…

If you ask me the seasons could do with expanding but there is always going to be a participation emblem. Do you know how many players would be pissed if the only way to get an emblem was to place in Onyx. I know I would because the highest I ever got in any playlist by rising through the ranks is Diamond 1 in Swat back in the pre-season.