Rank Bleed Out vs Rank Cooldown

“Rank Bleed Out”

1-50 vs Arena: Flaws

1-50: You can get a 50, never play on it again, and never lose it

Arena: Rank is completely reset at certain time intervals.

Compromise

What if your rank would start “bleeding out”, that is to say dropping in rank, if you don’t play on it for a certain period of time. This would cause fake 50s to slowly drop down to their true rank but not punish true 50s so severely that if they take some time off from the game they are the lowest rank again.

OR

“Rank Cooldown”

Rank doesn’t bleed out. Each rank has 3 colors for the number (1-50).

Red = won a game in the past week
Green = won a game in the past month
Blue = been over a month since winning a game

This way you still retain your number rank but people can see if you rank is hot (actively getting wins) or cold (hasn’t gotten a win in a long time).

Wouldn’t bother me

> Wouldn’t bother me

Good. I tried to nullify the flaws of each system.

I fail to see why the old 1-50 system of getting a rank and keeping it is a bad thing. It’s an accomplishment that you can be proud of years after you achieve it. It’s not some short term reward that lasts a few days.

Who cares about fake 50s? Fake 50’s get total humiliation after almost every game anyway.

> “Rank Bleed Out”
>
> 1-50 vs Arena: Flaws
>
> 1-50: You can get a 50, never play on it again, and never lose it
>
> Arena: Rank is completely reset at certain time intervals.
>
> Compromise
>
> What if your rank would start “bleeding out”, that is to say dropping in rank, if you don’t play on it for a certain period of time. This would cause fake 50s to slowly drop down to their true rank but not punish true 50s so severely that if they take some time off from the game they are the lowest rank again.

i agree with this - and it provides motivation for players to keep playing.

> I fail to see why the old 1-50 system of getting a rank and keeping it is a bad thing. It’s an accomplishment that you can be proud of years after you achieve it. It’s not some short term reward that lasts a few days.
>
> Who cares about fake 50s? Fake 50’s get total humiliation after almost every game anyway.

What if the system worked like this:

Rank doesn’t bleed out. Each rank has 3 colors for the number (1-50).

Red = won a game in the past week
Green = won a game in the past month
Blue = been over a month since winning a game

This way you still retain your number rank but people can see if you rank is hot (actively getting wins) or cold (hasn’t gotten a win in a long time). Let’s call it “Rank Cooldown”.

The problem with a bleed out system is that your gonna get high ranks who haven’t played for a while going up against lower ranked players, simply because they haven’t played for a week or so

Say i’m a level 35 i played everyday, but i always hover around the 30-35 mark

Now there’s the level 40-50 players, they don’t play for a while, they come back to the game and there rank has dropped to 30…now the true level 30 players are getting matched up with level 50 players who are only at 30 because they haven’t played…so now the level 30 guys are getting owned by the level 50’s

a better way would be there’s a limit on how far your rank drops when you stop playing, lets say it can only drop a maximum of 5 levels, that way the level 50’s can only drop to a max of 45 and still stay within the 45-50 bracket…obviously they can drop in ranks normally if they lose games

Also how can you stop the people who buy a 50, play one game every now and then to just to prevent the bleed out, they’d have to be a certain limit on games played to stop the bleed out

and now too many variables are coming into play, and its all starting to get alittle confusing…its a good idea in theory, but in practice i can’t see this working

To be honest this would just piss people off. You work towards a high rank putting hours of time into the game, winning each match to get that EXP. What could be worse then taking a break for a few days or a week and seeing your rank dropped back down to the point you started at? Players shouldn’t be punished for taking time off playing games. Especially if it’s a player who has spent hours of time on the game already. That’s like a slap to the face lol.

> I fail to see why the old 1-50 system of getting a rank and keeping it is a bad thing. It’s an accomplishment that you can be proud of years after you achieve it. It’s not some short term reward that lasts a few days.
>
> Who cares about fake 50s? Fake 50’s get total humiliation after almost every game anyway.

Deranking, buying / selling accounts, constant harassment over your rank for example, if your in the 40s your trash for not getting a 50 and if your a 50 but dont feel like trying hard all the time your a trash 50 or a “bought 50”.

Basically the old system only rewarded the extremely hardcore players that could get 50s and consistently do well in those ranks.

You have to think of what benefits everyone not you as a player.

So basically you’re saying if I hated a playlist (Squad battle/SWAT) and never wanted to see it again after I got my 50, I should lose it? I don’t see real Generals in the Army fighting in War, they don’t lose their ranks.

so arena without seasons?

yup, i’d support that, though, it should a system on the side and not the main system.

I don’t think it should be able to bleed out to a certain level. This would make deranking easy as pie.
Unless the truskill number is untouched, and only the visible rank decreases.
Something like Arena would be great. You have to keep playing to stay at the highest tier of 50s.