Rank 40+ Gameplay

Does anyone have any links to gameplay of the players at/towards the top of the leader board?

Got rushed by o an1mal ii and his teammate last night and have no idea how they had so many units so quickly (warthogs/sentinels and jump pack brutes). It’s a pretty damn good rush that seemed to be unbeatable.

Warthog rush is most definitely not a rush. That’s a tech2 push beyond 6 minutes…

> 2533274792014876;2:
> Warthog rush is most definitely not a rush. That’s a tech2 push beyond 6 minutes…

Should probably change its name from Warthog rush then… but fair point.

What I am getting at is that they had a lot more/better units a lot quicker than we did and was trying to study how they/other top players do it.

> 2533274792014876;2:
> Warthog rush is most definitely not a rush. That’s a tech2 push beyond 6 minutes…

But do you have footage of your games Postal? I’d love to check them out!!

I’m not sure about his ranking, but Nakamura is definitely one of the better players. He even played against a dev, whom he beat. Plays on PC.
https://www.youtube.com/user/NakaDMTV

I play either cutter or shipmaster. I fast tech with Cutter and I expand as shipmaster immediately after surviving a rush. Grunts are awesomely cheap and when paired with a UNSC player - they just become a hoard of DPS to go up against other players. But shipmaster is so good because of his mobility. You can take an infantry army that is slow and make them insanely mobile around a map. Plus the unit drop ability he has is 1st class.

I don’t have video footage of my games, but I do stream on Twitch from time to time.

Check out Twitch and you might find some good players and you may learn a lot just by watching them play.

> 2533274876266577;1:
> Does anyone have any links to gameplay of the players at/towards the top of the leader board?
>
> Got rushed by o AN1MAL II and his teammate last night and have no idea how they had so many units so quickly (warthogs/sentinels and jump pack brutes). It’s a pretty damn good rush that seemed to be unbeatable.

I’m ranked in top 50 right now, so perhaps I can shed some insight?

The biggest trick to having so many units is utilizing map recources (crates), getting minibases, and not floating on supplies. What I mean by this is that if you ever have 500+ supplies and you haven’t been saving it for something, you are not playing efficiently. Once you hit about the 1:30 mark on the timer, there shouldn’t be a single moment where you aren’t producing units.

Another important note is to not stack build ques. What I mean by this is you shouldn’t have multiple squads being built out of one structure at a time. For example, if you have 5 marines scheduled to be built, you aren’t playing efficinetly. You could have used those extra recources which aren’t currently being built to build additional bases and boost your means of production.

The secret to building a fast, strong army is purely your efficiency level. It’s all about not wasting time. Every second you waist in a match is a unit you won’t have later. RTS games are about building a system, perfecting it, and playing on as many fronts as possible to maximize your output.

Its sad to hear that all people are doing at the very top is jack rabbit rush… That’s still effective against hunters or cyclops? I guess they can contain you with their speed… Im top 50 and haven’t run into that yet.

> 2533274871557759;9:
> Its sad to hear that all people are doing at the very top is jack rabbit rush… That’s still effective against hunters or cyclops? I guess they can contain you with their speed… Im top 50 and haven’t run into that yet.

At the top, it’s more helbringer / brute rushes right now. The scout rushes can’t push into turrets anymore so all they’re good for at this point is dealing with heavy infantry cores.

5 cyclopses or hunters will literally kill a max population army of scouts at this point.

He just rushed me. 12 Brutes and two Choppers at 3 minutes. That isn’t even possible. He is shady.

I wasn’t using him as an example of being shady, I just wanted to learn how he and others get so many units out so quickly

> 2533274882498851;5:
> I’m not sure about his ranking, but Nakamura is definitely one of the better players. He even played against a dev, whom he beat. Plays on PC.
> https://www.youtube.com/user/NakaDMTV

He is a dev lol

> 2535424640810692;11:
> He just rushed me. 12 Brutes and two Choppers at 3 minutes. That isn’t even possible. He is shady.

Maybe you just don’t know the build

> 2533274820642782;14:
> > 2535424640810692;11:
> > He just rushed me. 12 Brutes and two Choppers at 3 minutes. That isn’t even possible. He is shady.
>
> Maybe you just don’t know the build

Shut up Seagaurd, I am literally better than you.

> 2533274820642782;4:
> > 2533274792014876;2:
> > Warthog rush is most definitely not a rush. That’s a tech2 push beyond 6 minutes…
>
> But do you have footage of your games Postal? I’d love to check them out!!

I barely have been playing any games outside of work. I’m getting married in July and the sun is finally coming out up here in Washington so I’ve been outside a ton lately enjoying it whenever I can. I will eventually record some footage and share it out.

> 2535424640810692;15:
> > 2533274820642782;14:
> > > 2535424640810692;11:
> > > He just rushed me. 12 Brutes and two Choppers at 3 minutes. That isn’t even possible. He is shady.
> >
> > Maybe you just don’t know the build
>
> Shut up Seagaurd, I am literally better than you.

Lol that is not a good argument you are just sad if that is what you go back it is obviously possible because he did it to you just because you lose doesn’t make the other player a cheater makes him better than you

> 2533274924073601;8:
> > 2533274876266577;1:
> > Does anyone have any links to gameplay of the players at/towards the top of the leader board?
> >
> > Got rushed by o AN1MAL II and his teammate last night and have no idea how they had so many units so quickly (warthogs/sentinels and jump pack brutes). It’s a pretty damn good rush that seemed to be unbeatable.
>
> I’m ranked in top 50 right now, so perhaps I can shed some insight?
>
> The biggest trick to having so many units is utilizing map recources (crates), getting minibases, and not floating on supplies. What I mean by this is that if you ever have 500+ supplies and you haven’t been saving it for something, you are not playing efficiently. Once you hit about the 1:30 mark on the timer, there shouldn’t be a single moment where you aren’t producing units.
>
> Another important note is to not stack build ques. What I mean by this is you shouldn’t have multiple squads being built out of one structure at a time. For example, if you have 5 marines scheduled to be built, you aren’t playing efficinetly. You could have used those extra recources which aren’t currently being built to build additional bases and boost your means of production.
>
> The secret to building a fast, strong army is purely your efficiency level. It’s all about not wasting time. Every second you waist in a match is a unit you won’t have later. RTS games are about building a system, perfecting it, and playing on as many fronts as possible to maximize your output.

This x 2. Your win rate will sky rocket if you get this down.

Umm, sorry but what does rank 40+ have to do with someone’s skill? It just means you have played and completed alot of challenges. It doesn’t mean you are good.

I think the question you need to be asking is “video from champions”. You can find a lot of these on Twitch. I’d ask for people’s twitch name here.

> 2535424640810692;15:
> > 2533274820642782;14:
> > > 2535424640810692;11:
> > > He just rushed me. 12 Brutes and two Choppers at 3 minutes. That isn’t even possible. He is shady.
> >
> > Maybe you just don’t know the build
>
> Shut up Seagaurd, I am literally better than you.

Lol. Oh, I’m sure you are XD

Also nobody has hacked the game yet so… Yeah.

A. It’s possible (edit; build order= extractor (upgrade extractor) (I have noticed basically all rush builds revolve around this) 2 grunts, send grunts to get supplies, harvester, harvester, raid camp, cap a power node, raid camp, cap another node queuing brutes the whole time and sending them to rally point close to base then once you have enough massed just hit it, taking out any turrets first.) honestly guy, it’s not that hard.

B. If you want to know how try it yourself (applying suggestions from better players like legofan and I). Do it vs. the AI if you need to to get the build order down.

C. Get better.

D. Profit.