Randomize Warzone Boss/NPC Spawns

The boss spawns in warzone are too predictable and are too easily camped. A randomized boss spawn would help to add some new variety in a game type that is already becoming a bit dry and too predictable. And when I say random boss spawns, I don’t just mean where they spawn, but WHAT spawns and how many. For example. On the Battle of Noctus, there are times when four duelist hunters spawn. This is a step in the right direction, but I believe it would be better if instead of four hunters, four wraith commanders spawn, or four banshee pilots.

The Bosses need to be stronger too and spawn with more minions. Having a random group of covenant or promethians spawn in unannounced would make the gameplay significantly more interesting and help to keep players on their toes. They don’t even need to be bosses, just have random squads of NPC enemies appear and begin attacking, and potentially taking, our bases, thus increasing the need to actually defend already captured bases.

Things like this could help to even out the gameplay. As it stands now, once an enemy team is trapped in their home base after losing all of their bases, the game is pretty much over for them. Instead of just moving in and finishing off the core, the “winning” team just camps them and kill farms them, leading to player frustration and dissatisfaction with the game. This way, at least, the other team has the risk of losing bases to NPC squads or be flanked by them, giving the pinned down team a fighting chance to retake a base for themselves and potentially turn the tide of the fight.

As it stands now, with the predictable static spawns, everyone knows what will spawn and where. Camping rules warzone. There is nothing to really keep players on their toes or give the losing team a change at that one random lucky spawn to turn the tide back in their favor. It’s basically know the routine, camp the spawns and you win. Not, have a balanced, flexible strategy based on skill to get in there and nail those bosses for extra points.

Warzone matches would be so much fun with this.

I definitely agree. Randomized bosses would be a lot better.

Yes please!

I don’t think you will get aggressive* AI in Warzone, but randomized timers and such would do a lot. I know that I personally have started memorizing spawns and map routes to them, but that’s just a necessity to stay competitive and win. I’d rather it not be that way.

Random spawn times, more bosses, smaller VP rewards for those bosses, and removal of Legendary Boss health displays… I think these things would go a long way to helping fine-tune the balance and flow of the game.

*Aggressive meaning AI that will spawn and seek an armory/garage. Watch the AI in this game – they are tethered to an area and only leave if forced. They won’t even chase you far.

I support your idea

Yeah I agree, variability in warzone would give it a new lease of life. I guess it is deliberately predictable to make it fair, but Warzone doesn’t need to be fair in my opinion. I would even go further and have AI that can capture bases - and if they do they spawn more NPCs continuously.

Just get rid of warzone

Agree 1000%. Warzone is a blast when just starting out but it can get old kind of quickly, I worry about its long term health and population. This would go a long stretch towards keeping it fresh and giving it replay value.

Had a teammate the other day calling out when every boss was gonna spawn and telling us to help him fight them. When it starts getting this predictable and monotonous, things definitely need to be changed up.

Even if they just changed the timing it would help. Some of those poor AI get spawn killed. Only 4 maps and ai spawns you can set a clock by is making warzone stale. It would also be cool if we would get the opposite of the glitch where you have to use AR/Magnum the whole game. Have REQ Rage weekends. You can use anything anytime. Burn all your req’s one after another. Def pay to win but announce it ahead of time and we could save our req’s and it would lessen that problem. Burn them all in 2 days. Can you imagine everyone in a vehicle? Endless Spartan Lasers to take them out? Warzone needs a shake up.

we all asking for this sick of people standing behind spawns and killing bosses instantly

> 2745721379973487;7:
> Yeah I agree, variability in warzone would give it a new lease of life. I guess it is deliberately predictable to make it fair, but Warzone doesn’t need to be fair in my opinion. I would even go further and have AI that can capture bases - and if they do they spawn more NPCs continuously.

Yes, wow this is a great thread and now I am hopeful they implement this. Warzone is a great idea with great potential, however because of points listed above I mainly stick to arena matches. Also NO life bar on bosses would be nice to prevent me doing a ton of damage and then a guy goes, “oh that’s my queue” gets last shot and 150 points.

That is an awesome idea!!

This needs to happen.
Dont care what they change but something about the bosses has to be randomized…

Location, time, boss itsself, number of bosses… doesnt matter what, but at least ONE of these things

343 please yes!! The OP is so right!

You nailed it my friend. This would be so awesome

> 2533274820021961;12:
> we all asking for this sick of people standing behind spawns and killing bosses instantly

It’s almost a necessity sometimes, and several of my lost games in recent days have only been as close as they were because myself or someone on my team did this to keep us afloat… OR we got steam rolled because the other team was just so -Yoink!- good at it that none of us got a worthwhile boss.

I really believe that making bosses worth half of what they give now but doubling them and making them spawn in random places at set times in a random order would alleviate a lot of this and make Warzone more spread out rather than isolating all of the action in the center structure with a few skirmishes over heavy bosses.

Edit: Except Hunters. Eff those things. Only 25 VP and I gotta burn two respawns worth of ammo/power weapons on it? I’m better off letting the enemy team throw themselves at that wall while I pick them off instead.

Alright, I’ve had this thread stuck in my head. Warzone is a fun game mode, and would be even more fun with random boss/npc spawns. Is this even technically possible with an update? What needs to happen to make this real

> 2535416462698342;19:
> Alright, I’ve had this thread stuck in my head. Warzone is a fun game mode, and would be even more fun with random boss/npc spawns. Is this even technically possible with an update? What needs to happen to make this real

It’s possible. I just don’t think the 343 developers thought of it. That is why they have the community to consult on what should be added in to the game or what changes need to be made.