random weapon timer??

so ive heard that halo 4 was to include “random weapon timers” well is that true?? cuz if it is that would be bad!

did 343i actually confirm it or did it get posted on another website and people automatically think it was real??

It’s confirmed. It will also probably be something that’s quickly done away with. :confused:

True.

Good or bad? Well, depends how heavily you used to rely on the weapons showing up like clockwork.

> True.
>
> Good or bad? Well, depends how heavily you used to rely on the weapons showing up like clockwork.

well i think its going to be bad, because a rocket launcher could spawn in around 10 seconds, and then it could spawn in 120 seconds. that would not be fun

It’s been confirmed. Hopefully 343 will come to their senses and fix it…

> It’s confirmed. It will also probably be something that’s quickly done away with. :confused:

i hope so!

I honestly don’t see the benefit of this. 343 needs to explain their reasoning behind this. Pronto …

Yeah, so far, is the one thing I dislike in Halo 4. It doesn’t make any sense to add to the game, but to make it more random.

Like the guy above me said, I hope it gets taken out.

Seriously? 343i what are the benifits of this? Please explain your reasoning. Because I and many others can give you reasons why it’s a terrible idea as long as our arms.

I’d like to point out the only thing “confirmed” was the idea. 343 were thinking about implementing random power weapon spawn times to prevent experienced players running power weapon circuits and destroying players who have no idea what they’re doing. Again, it was an idea they were thinking about. The implementation of this idea hasn’t been confirmed.

> I’d like to point out the only thing “confirmed” was the idea. 343 were thinking about implementing random power weapon spawns to prevent experienced players running power weapon circuits and destroying players who have no idea what they’re doing. Again, it was an idea they were thinking about. The implementation of this idea hasn’t been confirmed.

Thank you, you have somewhat relieved my worries

Where did 343i say the weapon timers would be added? I thought Frankie said it wasn’t happening.

> Where did 343i say the weapon timers would be added? <mark>I thought Frankie said it wasn’t happening</mark>.

Can you give me a link on where he said that? :smiley:

> Where did 343i say the weapon timers would be added? I thought Frankie said it wasn’t happening.

Link me 2 lol.

I think this pretty much proves that Random weapons placements and timers are nothing more than a rumor.
Edit:
I made a mistake he wasn’t talking about weapon timers, sorry.

> I think this pretty much proves that Random weapons placements and timers are nothing more than a rumor.

This is proof of God.

It’s just for power weapons. It’s so that people can’t drop in every X seconds and get the power weapon. You would have to control the area and wait until the weapon spawns. I agree it does seem a little unneeded but it wouldn’t be terrible of they decided to implement it.

Althyough this is just a rumor, this does remove weapon-camping which vdoes take place, in addition I just got an idea. You know how you customize custom games, I think you will be able to customize the time for weapon spawns in that menu and be able to turn on random times.

> I think this pretty much proves that Random weapons placements and timers are nothing more than a rumor.

Thank you!

> so ive heard that halo 4 was to include “random weapon timers” well is that true?? cuz if it is that would be bad!
>
> did 343i actually confirm it or did it get posted on another website and people automatically think it was real??

I could care less really. In all reality, a well placed grenade and one shot of a BR/DMR will destroy anyone, and can be done in many circumstances. Powerweapons such as shotguns and snipers only work in a few cirumstances…