Random weapon textures

I think a neat little feature to have in Halo 4 is to make every weapon feel different. I’m not talking about an AR feeling different to the Plasma Rifle, but an AR feeling different to the AR. No gun will look the exact same anymore, but still look very similar to each other. For the sake of this thread (and my hands) I will only refer to DMR or BR and the AR. As I said before the guns will look different, but will still possess the same stats and will use the same amount of screen space. Here are some examples of what I’m talking about

The DMR or BR.

(Exclude the sniper and assault rifle designs.)

The assault rifle.

How I think this could work is that in MM, Firefight, and campaign, every time you spawn or respawn you will always get a different version of these guns, sometimes they may possess scratches or a different paint job. If you find a different version of the DMR/BR or AR on the battlefield you will be able to pick up the different variant if you so wish. However, the case could not be the same with plasma weaponry because you cannot pick up spare ammo. I’ve had this idea since I saw the concept art and thought I’d share with you guys to see if you feel the same.

TL;DR: Random textures for weapons!

i believe that these designs are stolen from someone else…

> i believe that these designs are stolen from someone else…

This was concept art from Bungie for Reach, ya goof.
Next time, look at the -Yoink!- watermark at the bottom-right.

> How I think this could work is that in MM, Firefight, and campaign, every time you spawn or respawn you will always get a different version of these guns, sometimes they may possess scratches or a different paint job. If you find a different version of the DMR/BR or AR on the battlefield you will be able to pick up the different variant if you so wish.

Being able to swap one AR for another could be a bit confusing, since the differences would be small and purely aesthetic. However, I do really like the idea of different instances of a weapon having different scratches, scrapes, and wear patterns. Paint jobs might be taking it a bit too far, though, as would varying the cases to the extent shown in the concept art you’ve linked to.

Something that could be interesting would be cracks on the LCD screens that act as in-world ammo counters. That, in addition to scratches, chips, dirt stains, and grime, could give a nice “ruin” atmosphere to the guns themselves, which would fit perfectly with the Campaign (ruined Dawn) and possibly some Multiplayer maps.

1: They look amazing and I would love to be able to customize my weapons more and more as I ranked up BUT THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE ONLY AND I SAY ONLY VERY VERY STRONGLY - cosmetic - ONLY did not add or take anything away from the game play its self …