Random weapon spawns Decoded.

I think that the random weapon spawns will be systematic meaning that we will know were they spawn, like some sort of notice will pop up on our heads up display directing us towards the weapons spawn with a waypoint arrow, followed by an A.I voice notifying the incoming drop. It will stop specific camping, but wont leave players blind, that sense of strategy will still be there, it will just be reformed into a new style of map control gaming. That’s what I think will happen anyway. 343 aren’t stupid, they’ll make it work. If i’m not a game designer and I can come up with that, then your hopes should be high for the new weapon spawning system.

Damn double post.

Sweet…

And then when the team camping the incoming sniper spawn totally displayed map control.

Or maybe the game tells you that a sniper is incoming in 1 minute to a specific location. Now we are just supporting players who don’t bother to take the time and understand timing spawns.

I’m sure many people thought this same thing but it’s still kinda sketchy… That being said, I hope it’s like this anyway so it adds some element of control to the games instead of being completely random.

random weapon drops takes away an element of my forge control. as well as something that is extremly clasic to halo.
aparintly weapon drops may be false and i hope so.
im a big forger and i realy hope they wouldnt take this away!
now wait a minute how would this work for indor maps? must be false.

> Sweet…
>
> And then when the team camping the incoming sniper spawn totally displayed map control.
>
> Or maybe the game tells you that a sniper is incoming in 1 minute to a specific location. Now we are just supporting players who don’t bother to take the time and understand timing spawns.

Well it’s not going back to the way it was before so we need to adapt.

One of the things I hated about the invasion weapon drop hills is they’d spawn closer to one team than the other, and once you got there you could easily establish control until the weapon drop.

I see the same problem arising here. I hate to be a pessimest, but this is just unnecessary and a devolution because of something that was never a problem to begin with.

I kind of assumed it would mean that anyway, it sounds like a great idea in my opinion, but, of course, we’ve got to wait to see how it actually pans out.

> One of the things I hated about the invasion weapon drop hills is <mark>they’d spawn closer to one team than the other, and once you got there you could easily establish control until the weapon drop</mark>.
>
> I see the same problem arising here. I hate to be a pessimest, but this is just unnecessary and a devolution because of something that was never a problem to begin with.

Forcing the other team to become better and play harder to make sure that doesn’t happen, don’t think about it negatively, it can be a way of making sure gameplay stays hot and fast.

Even if the system does work this way, an element of luck is thrown into the mix. For instance, one team could have full control over a certain area, and then suddenly they are notified that the rockets will spawn right next to them. The controlling team will have a distinct advantage because they were in the right place at the right time.

> > Sweet…
> >
> > And then when the team camping the incoming sniper spawn totally displayed map control.
> >
> > Or maybe the game tells you that a sniper is incoming in 1 minute to a specific location. Now we are just supporting players who don’t bother to take the time and understand timing spawns.
>
> Well it’s not going back to the way it was before so we need to adapt.

Useless comment. I will adapt, and probably have a KD over 2 like I do in Reach (2.85).
Doesn’t change the fact that this game will suck.

> > One of the things I hated about the invasion weapon drop hills is <mark>they’d spawn closer to one team than the other, and once you got there you could easily establish control until the weapon drop</mark>.
> >
> > I see the same problem arising here. I hate to be a pessimest, but this is just unnecessary and a devolution because of something that was never a problem to begin with.
>
> Forcing the other team to become better and play harder to make sure that doesn’t happen, don’t think about it negatively, it can be a way of making sure gameplay stays hot and fast.

Erm…what? The spawn is random, it isn’t affected by which team is better.

Though I’m still skeptical with the recent events that took place, I’m with you on this one OP. IMO, I believe this could encourage more map movement and could speed up the gameplay as a result of both teams trying to gain map control for the Power Weapon.

I don’t know exactly where I read it, but didn’t 343 mentioned that Halo 4 will have fast-pace gameplay? If this is true along with what you stated, this could resolve what many player complained about how recent titles were had much slower pace then the previous.

Just my two cents.

Well, they better include some sort of “classic mode” and “classic style playlists.” Weapon placements are part and parcel to the Halo experience.

I’m giving 343 a lot of faith, but they have some explaining to do.

Weapons will likely drop in central locations. The maps will be built with this mechanic in mind; probably setting up a few hotzones so that combat can shift fluidly to different areas of the map.

As far as forge goes…I didn’t do much of it with reach. If you forged an invasion slayer gametype, could you set where the hills/weapon drops were? If so, I’d assume it’d be the same thing here - you tell the weapons where to go. Or just place the actual weapon on the map like it’s been in the past few games, and ignore the drop pod system.

> Well, they better include some sort of “classic mode” and “classic style playlists.” Weapon placements are part and parcel to the Halo experience.
>
> I’m giving 343 a lot of faith, but they have some explaining to do.

And we will with this months 343 Sparkast. Give it at least 2-3 weeks from now; it is usually around the 3rd-4th week of a month a new podcast is released.

> I kind of assumed it would mean that anyway, it sounds like a great idea in my opinion, but, of course, we’ve got to wait to see how it actually pans out.

No we don’t. Most intelligent skilled players predicted most problems that would arise from changes made in Reach. I remember reading the Friday updates and heading over to the forums and exposing those flaws. Only reply, “Have you actually played it”?.

That argument ended pretty fast after the beta, but was unfortunately replaced by “There is a reason there was a beta. Bungie will fix these issues…”

lol

Try this scenario…
48 “spartan kills” to 48 “spartan kills”
Blue team gets a random rocket launcher spawn to a favorable location… Blue team wins. I don’t mean to make the system seem like it will be this unfair but I highly doubt that it won’t be.

> > I kind of assumed it would mean that anyway, it sounds like a great idea in my opinion, but, of course, we’ve got to wait to see how it actually pans out.
>
> No we don’t. Most intelligent skilled players predicted most problems that would arise from changes made in Reach. I remember reading the Friday updates and heading over to the forums and exposing those flaws. Only reply, “Have you actually played it”?.
>
> That argument ended pretty fast after the beta, but was unfortunately replaced by “There is a reason there was a beta. Bungie will fix these issues…”
>
> lol
>
> Try this scenario…
> 48 “spartan kills” to 48 “spartan kills”
> Blue team gets a random rocket launcher spawn to a favorable location… Blue team wins. I don’t mean to make the system seem like it will be this unfair but I highly doubt that it won’t be.

I believe I saw in an earlier interview some talk about how the HUD was getting improvements, which included something about weapon spawns. My guess is that these “random” weapon drops won’t be so random - you’ll get something on your HUD about it ahead of time, and have a choice to go for it or not, with sufficient time to get there, set up an ambush, or suck if that’s what your team wants to do.

Plus, 48-48, one team gets rockets and wins can already happen. Except this time, the victory will go to the team that is better at shooting/killing/team movement/tactics (playing the game), rather than the one that’s spent more time studying the map and weapon respawn timers.

> I believe I saw in an earlier interview some talk about how the HUD was getting improvements, which included something about weapon spawns. My guess is that these “random” weapon drops won’t be so random - you’ll get something on your HUD about it ahead of time, and have a choice to go for it or not, with sufficient time to get there, set up an ambush, or suck if that’s what your team wants to do.

You don’t have a choice whether or not to go for rockets and sniper. Those are what define map control. I know Halo Reach is the most recent MM but don’t let it cloud your judgement. Remember! Remember what Halo IS!!!

> Plus, 48-48, one team gets rockets and wins can already happen. Except this time, the victory will go to the team that is better at shooting/killing/team movement/tactics (playing the game), rather than the one that’s spent more time studying the map and weapon respawn timers.

This logic works when good players play bad players, not when teams are evenly matched.

> Weapons will likely drop in central locations. The maps will be built with this mechanic in mind; probably setting up a few hotzones so that combat can shift fluidly to different areas of the map.
>
> As far as forge goes…I didn’t do much of it with reach. If you forged an invasion slayer gametype, could you set where the hills/weapon drops were? If so, I’d assume it’d be the same thing here - you tell the weapons where to go. Or just place the actual weapon on the map like it’s been in the past few games, and ignore the drop pod system.

Exactly, people think that all of these mechanics are going to be based of off current playing styles, and that’s the foolish error most people make and then they get all upset about it when they see how much it would fail if that were the case, which it clearly isn’t. All the new things are built to complement each other in Halo 4 so I believe that this game will play perfectly.