Random thoughts after hitting 152

Hit 152 December 2nd.
First of all, thank you 343, for trying something new, I’d say most of the time I had fun, or at least found a way to have fun. :grinning:
Thank you to the Spartan Company Pure Talent, which made about 1800 games of mostly heroic wzff fast and fun. Thank you, arthur is a god, for the intro, and pt extortion, for the invite.
Shout outs to hellfire, mellowcell, flatulent chief, dead soul 75, dude2watchout4,fusion man62,fr34k4z01d, and many others :grinning:
As mentioned before, i played 117 (cool number :roll_eyes:) games of arena, mostly infection when it was double xp, but I almost exclusively played heroic wzff with some legendary and mythic randomly thrown in.
It took 5,617 games, and roughly a year, with about a month off in summer to do some hiking.
I always picked xp jackpot as my boost, sold all other boosts.
I did this to make my gameplay as relaxed and casual as possible, and to get the reqs that are actually useful. Some people get furious when they don’t come in first, or have a server disconnect, etc. Not me. I could come in first, get 9,300xp. Come in last, get 12,342xp. Random.
Started to really play dec. of last year, because the og reach servers became unplayable, i had h5 but never really played it, and it was double xp for all gametypes. If youre gonna binge h5 to hit 152, i highly reccomend playing as much as you possibly can during these stretches, and to play the double xp playlists…I definitely didnt maximize my xp potential, even forgot to use boosts lots of times.
Only req pack I ever bought was the voices of war pack, and regretted it. (Not as good as reachs equivalant)Thought ill of it, you had to buy it, couldn’t be unlocked, couldn’t buy it through in game credits, but i was gonna play a lot…
I dislike the req system, but put up with it, and avoided using it whenever i could.
I always tried to give vehicles away whenever i could.
My primary goals were to win the game for most possible xp, and have fun.
I managed to crack the top 100 leaderboard for assists, which is cool, im ranked 1 in reach for assists in ff. Surprisingly i got into the top 200 for kills/assists/d, which is weird because i routinely kamikaze and suicide.
Stats in h5 were a disappointment. There should be seperate stats for wzff. They shouldnt be lumped into pvp warzone. There should be leaderboards. Etcetcetc. Would love to see where my quickest completion times are in comparison to others.
I saved every woodland warthog i got to see how many would accrue. I have 524. Wonder how long it would take me to sell them all. New post. Place your bets.
Finding out 152s get something special was the cherry on top of this grind.
If you have any questions, feel free. AMA.
I leave you with this pic. This elite always made me laugh.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/safetym33ting/screenshot/14061161
Good luck on your journeys to 152.

Congrats.

I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.

Congrats man, good games when we played together.

> 2533274844311685;3:
> Congrats man, good games when we played together.

You too man, wish i saw you on more often.

I really feel that getting to 152 didnt take long enough. :grinning:

> 2533274808453107;5:
> I really feel that getting to 152 didnt take long enough. :grinning:

The grind is as long or as short as you make it.

> 2533274793640702;2:
> Congrats.
>
> I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.

Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.

That’s a lot of FF. Congrats!

> 2586218893181855;6:
> > 2533274808453107;5:
> > I really feel that getting to 152 didnt take long enough. :grinning:
>
> The grind is as long or as short as you make it.

I can finally get rid of all these wide-brimmed bottles and huge industrial quantity bag of poop socks. So thats a plus. Was slowly turning into Howard Hughes. :wink::wink:
Oh, id also reccomend having some music while you game, i use spotify, but offline, since i was having some conflicts with h5.

Congrats on finally finishing the grind! I hope to be there by March myself so I understand everything that you’ve put into the grind. #respect

> 2533274808453107;7:
> > 2533274793640702;2:
> > Congrats.
> >
> > I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.
>
> Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
> I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
> Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
> See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
> Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
> Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
> I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.

That’s what I’d do too lol, pick a weapon, and use it the whole game. I’m glad to have played with you randomly sir, I’m on MCC now, starting the new new grind :joy:

> 2533274807375329;11:
> > 2533274808453107;7:
> > > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > Congrats.
> > >
> > > I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.
> >
> > Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
> > I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
> > Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
> > See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
> > Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
> > Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
> > I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.
>
> That’s what I’d do too lol, pick a weapon, and use it the whole game. I’m glad to have played with you randomly sir, I’m on MCC now, starting the new new grind :joy:

I refuse to buy it, but I did ask santa for it, so maybe if im good, ill get hooked up.

> 2533274808453107;12:
> > 2533274807375329;11:
> > > 2533274808453107;7:
> > > > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > > Congrats.
> > > >
> > > > I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.
> > >
> > > Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
> > > I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
> > > Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
> > > See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
> > > Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
> > > Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
> > > I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.
> >
> > That’s what I’d do too lol, pick a weapon, and use it the whole game. I’m glad to have played with you randomly sir, I’m on MCC now, starting the new new grind :joy:
>
> I refuse to buy it, but I did ask santa for it, so maybe if im good, ill get hooked up.

Awwww poo, I was hoping I’d see you on another grind! MCC is where my favs are :grin:

> 2533274807375329;13:
> > 2533274808453107;12:
> > > 2533274807375329;11:
> > > > 2533274808453107;7:
> > > > > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > > > Congrats.
> > > > >
> > > > > I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.
> > > >
> > > > Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
> > > > I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
> > > > Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
> > > > See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
> > > > Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
> > > > Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
> > > > I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.
> > >
> > > That’s what I’d do too lol, pick a weapon, and use it the whole game. I’m glad to have played with you randomly sir, I’m on MCC now, starting the new new grind :joy:
> >
> > I refuse to buy it, but I did ask santa for it, so maybe if im good, ill get hooked up.
>
> Awwww poo, I was hoping I’d see you on another grind! MCC is where my favs are :grin:

Im playing btb usually super late now and then

> 2533274808453107;14:
> > 2533274807375329;13:
> > > 2533274808453107;12:
> > > > 2533274807375329;11:
> > > > > 2533274808453107;7:
> > > > > > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > > > > Congrats.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I feel I would easily be there by now, but I cant play that much firefight. And I’ve honestly played quite a lot of firefight, in my opinion.
> > > > >
> > > > > Between reach and h5, i have around a million and a half kills… :open_mouth:
> > > > > I suggest mixing up how you play. Experiment.
> > > > > Generally id goof off as much as possible with hog varieties, power weapons, etc. God bless voids tear, and once i had the h2br, i always used it. Love it.
> > > > > See how many head shots you can get before having to use a vehicle.
> > > > > Support other players and observe. Pull oni warthogs, any warthog, and give people a lift. I really loved seeing how people would gun.
> > > > > Generally, if i was in 1st place after round 3, something was wrong, :grinning: and i would have to start giving away vehicles and really focus on making sure the game wouldnt turn into a loss.
> > > > > I appreciate 343 making a btb firefight. Just wish there was more gunplay instead of vehicles.
> > > >
> > > > That’s what I’d do too lol, pick a weapon, and use it the whole game. I’m glad to have played with you randomly sir, I’m on MCC now, starting the new new grind :joy:
> > >
> > > I refuse to buy it, but I did ask santa for it, so maybe if im good, ill get hooked up.
> >
> > Awwww poo, I was hoping I’d see you on another grind! MCC is where my favs are :grin:
>
> Im playing btb usually super late now and then

I’m only on MCC now thoigh :disappointed:

> 2533274936190092;10:
> Congrats on finally finishing the grind! I hope to be there by March myself so I understand everything that you’ve put into the grind. #respect

Thank you very much. :grinning: I wish you the best.
My eyes only bled a few dozen times during the grind.
Generally, if my eyes bled, i would take a 2 day break before resuming.