Random teammates just denied spawn in Husky Raid

Two random teammates ran up to the other end and denied spawn to the opposing team.

I couldn’t move them and we obviously won as the 3rd random on our team went and scored.

I reported them both for unsporting conduct.

343i, please fix this spawn issue ASAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole opposing team left all 4 of us negative reports on xbox live and I don’t want to receive any more.

Thanks

> 2533274806711091;1:
> Two random teammates ran up to the other end and denied spawn to the opposing team.
>
> I couldn’t move them and we obviously won as the 3rd random on our team went and scored.
>
> I reported them both for unsporting conduct.
>
> 343i, please fix this spawn issue ASAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole opposing team left all 4 of us negative reports on xbox live and I don’t want to receive any more.
>
> Thanks

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.

I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.

> 2533274962122285;3:
> I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.

It is unsporting behavior to do it purposefully.

> 2533274962122285;3:
> I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.

The feedback system on xbox live is based around player’s opinions.

I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s something along the lines of “If you think what you’re doing maybe viewed as unsporting conduct by some people then you run the risk of being reported for it”.

Not 343 fault for the failure of the gametype creator who made it. He should of tested it before handing it off to 343.

> 2533274806711091;5:
> > 2533274962122285;3:
> > I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.
>
>
> The feedback system on xbox live is based around player’s opinions.
>
> I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s something along the lines of “If you think what you’re doing maybe viewed as unsporting conduct by some people then you run the risk of being reported for it”.

People probably report people just as much for nothing. Most people report me for mic abuse but I almost never use a mic.

Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.

> 2533274962122285;7:
> > 2533274806711091;5:
> > > 2533274962122285;3:
> > > I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.
> >
> >
> > The feedback system on xbox live is based around player’s opinions.
> >
> > I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s something along the lines of “If you think what you’re doing maybe viewed as unsporting conduct by some people then you run the risk of being reported for it”.
>
>
> People probably report people just as much for nothing. Most people report me for mic abuse but I almost never use a mic.
>
> Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.

**“Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.”**I don’t even know where to begin with answering that… let’s just say I think most people on here would disagree that it’s a legit way to win.

> 2533274962122285;7:
> Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

It wasn’t added, it is a flaw inherent to the map that those players are exploiting. There is nothing “legit” about winning by taking advantage of a map flaw that prevents your opponents from ever respawning, when they obviously should return to the battlefield.

> 2533274806711091;8:
> > 2533274962122285;7:
> > > 2533274806711091;5:
> > > > 2533274962122285;3:
> > > > I don’t think you can report them for that it’s not like they are just spawn killing.
> > >
> > >
> > > The feedback system on xbox live is based around player’s opinions.
> > >
> > > I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s something along the lines of “If you think what you’re doing maybe viewed as unsporting conduct by some people then you run the risk of being reported for it”.
> >
> >
> > People probably report people just as much for nothing. Most people report me for mic abuse but I almost never use a mic.
> >
> > Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.
>
>
> **“Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.”**I don’t even know where to begin with answering that… let’s just say I think most people on here would disagree that it’s a legit way to win.

It’s not exactly easy to get to spawn if I couldn’t spawn in I’d blame my self for it and my team for letting the enemy in.

> 2542657289632179;9:
> > 2533274962122285;7:
> > Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.
>
>
> That is absolutely ridiculous.
>
> It wasn’t added, it is a flaw inherent to the map that those players are exploiting. There is nothing “legit” about winning by taking advantage of a map flaw that prevents your opponents from ever respawning, when they obviously should return to the battlefield.

I’d say spawn killing is worse and it’s not like they are ever going to stop people from doing it.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> > 2542657289632179;9:
> > > 2533274962122285;7:
> > > Sitting on a spawn seems like a legit way to win other wise why add it.
> >
> >
> > That is absolutely ridiculous.
> >
> > It wasn’t added, it is a flaw inherent to the map that those players are exploiting. There is nothing “legit” about winning by taking advantage of a map flaw that prevents your opponents from ever respawning, when they obviously should return to the battlefield.
>
>
> I’d say spawn killing is worse and it’s not like they are ever going to stop people from doing it.

spawn killing is better than being denied to spawn at all. You can break out of spawn killing, you can’t break out of spawn denial if you don’t even get a chance in the first place.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> I’d say spawn killing is worse and it’s not like they are ever going to stop people from doing it.

No, definitely not. If you are spawn killing in a Slayer match, you are working within the parameters of the game and attempting to win within the rules of that game type. If you are preventing the other team from respawning in an objective game type, you are taking advantage of a flaw in the map design and exploiting it in order to win.

If I am in the middle of competing in a basketball game and one or two of my opponents needs to momentarily go back to their locker room, is it a “legit way to win” if I run back there and put a padlock on the door so that can’t get out?

> 2542657289632179;13:
> > 2533274962122285;11:
> > I’d say spawn killing is worse and it’s not like they are ever going to stop people from doing it.
>
>
> No, definitely not. If you are spawn killing in a Slayer match, you are working within the parameters of the game and attempting to win within the rules of that game type. If you are preventing the other team from respawning in an objective game type, you are taking advantage of a flaw in the map design and exploiting it in order to win.
>
> If I am in the middle of competing in a basketball game and one or two of my opponents needs to momentarily go back to their locker room, is it a “legit way to win” if I run back there and put a padlock on the door so that can’t get out?

I can’t believe you think it’s ok in slayer but not OK in objective. It shouldn’t be ok period.

Using your basketball analogy spawn killing is like holding the door shut stoping them from participating.

This is Nothing that 343 can fix. Blame Arbiter for not setting up the spawns correctly, not 343.

> 2533274962122285;14:
> I can’t believe you think it’s ok in slayer but not OK in objective. It shouldn’t be ok period.

It really isn’t that difficult to understand.

The entire goal of Slayer game is to see which team can accumulate 50 kills to win the game, so that is playing within the rules. On the other hand, if your team is up 2-0 in a CTF match, has possession of the flag, and intentionally delays the final capture so that they can spawn kill to pad their K/D statistics, that is definitely inappropriate.

Regarding the basketball analogy, I noticed that you rather conveniently ignored commenting on whether it is a “legit way to win” by placing a padlock on the door. Don’t expect someone to respond to your counter-point when you obviously avoided replying to the original point simply because you can’t defend it.

> 2542657289632179;16:
> > 2533274962122285;14:
> > I can’t believe you think it’s ok in slayer but not OK in objective. It shouldn’t be ok period.
>
>
> It really isn’t that difficult to understand.
>
> The entire goal of Slayer game is to see which team can accumulate 50 kills to win the game, so that is playing within the rules. On the other hand, if your team is up 2-0 in a CTF match, has possession of the flag, and intentionally delays the final capture so that they can spawn kill to pad their K/D statistics, that is definitely inappropriate.
>
> Regarding the basketball analogy, I noticed that you rather conveniently ignored commenting on whether it is a “legit way to win” by placing a padlock on the door. Don’t expect someone to respond to your counter-point when you obviously avoided replying to the original point simply because you can’t defend it.

I actaully wanted to say the whole basketball analogy was stupid and it’s a totally different game. I also kind of did say some thing just my using his analogy as well cause holding the door shut isn’t much different than if it was locked.

Spawn killing in slayer is in no way different from spawn killing in objective and not spawning at all is better than being continually killed.

so is it ok to spawn kill in objective if they are doing the objective as well.

> 2533274962122285;17:
> I actaully wanted to say the whole basketball analogy was stupid…

Of course you did, because it proves my point: utilizing an exploit to intentionally prevent your opponents’ respawn is essentially cheating to win, just the same as if I put a padlock on their locker room door. If your most compelling counter-point involves saying that analogy is stupid, that speaks volumes.

> 2533274962122285;17:
> I’d say spawn killing is worse…

You realize that this is basically an off-topic deflection, right? It has nothing to do with the original discussion: preventing your opponents from respawning back into the match is utilizing a map exploit to cheat. Obviously there are a lot of things in the world that are much worse than that, but those would be off-topic, too.

> 2542657289632179;18:
> > 2533274962122285;17:
> > I actaully wanted to say the whole basketball analogy was stupid…
>
>
> Of course you did, because it proves my point: utilizing an exploit to intentionally prevent your opponents’ respawn is essentially cheating to win, just the same as if I put a padlock on their locker room door. If your most compelling counter-point involves saying that analogy is stupid, that speaks volumes.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274962122285;17:
> > I’d say spawn killing is worse…
>
>
> You realize that this is basically an off-topic deflection, right? It has nothing to do with the original discussion: preventing your opponents from respawning back into the match is utilizing a map exploit to cheat. Obviously there are a lot of things in the world that are much worse than that, but those would be off-topic, too.

I’m saying that not spawning is like fixing spawn killing cause they are basically do the same thing. They stop you from participating exept people can’t pad their stats with it. They’re both not good but it’s not that big of a deal to not be able to spawn in.

The only reason I didn’t say it was stupid was because I toned down my response as to not offend.

> 2533274962122285;19:
> I’m saying that not spawning is like fixing spawn killing cause they are basically do the same thing. … They’re both not good but it’s not that big of a deal to not be able to spawn in.

That isn’t even remotely close to being true.

Spawn killing is working within the pre-established rules of the game in an attempt to win. Completely blocking your opponent’s respawn essentially breaking the game, and your opponent never gets the chance to actually play the game. That is why the basketball analogy is appropriate, and you labeled it “stupid” because it is quite accurate and you don’t really have a compelling counter-point other than an insult.

To review:

Spawn killing = being outplayed by a better team.
Blocking respawn = cheating.