Random question: Can Co-op Campaign over XBL be played in both Classic and Remastered mode?

I’m pretty knowledgeable about all things Halo Anniversary right now and this may seem like a stupid question, it seems stupid to me, but I’m half asleep and I don’t know how I’m typing right now, so…

Yeah, Can Co-op Campaign be played in both modes over Xbox Live? Or just Remastered mode? My brother and his friend (his friend who has never played CE before O_o) want to play throgh the Campaign in Classic mode first then right afterwards play it in Remastered mode.

I mean, like I said, I’m pretty tired so the answer might be staring me right in the face or somethin. So please pardon my… alseepness.

I think remastered mode is simply a graphics layer running over the top of the original mode, and I would assume that the changes in code to allow for LIVE co-op wouldn’t be affected by changes in graphics.

In short, I think it’s possible, but it would be nice if 343 could give an official answer.

Yeah i think it only applies to your own xbox, so you could change between the 2 modes while playing Co-op over Live.

When doing splitscreen local Co-op if you change between the 2 modes does it affect both screens?

I hope so. I want to LAN it and have one play Classic while the other plays New.

The only thing people need to separate is that Reach was 4 player co-op and CE will only be 2.

2 = Better than 1.

> The only thing people need to separate is that Reach was 4 player co-op and CE will only be 2.
>
> 2 = Better than 1.

How was that remotely related to the topic.

> > The only thing people need to separate is that Reach was 4 player co-op and CE will only be 2.
> >
> > 2 = Better than 1.
>
> How was that remotely related to the topic.

Read some complaints and people still realizing that CEA will not support 4 player. It’s not like I’m drastically veering off topic and if so, it wasn’t on purpose.

i hope so, but your comment was indeed off topic, though since it IS CEA related im not going to flame you lol, but yea, i believe it works for your xbox only, so if you play it online, and decide to switch to new or old graphics, your friend wouldnt see any difference till he pressed it too.

> I’m pretty knowledgeable about all things Halo Anniversary right now and this may seem like a stupid question, it seems stupid to me, but I’m half asleep and I don’t know how I’m typing right now, so…
>
> Yeah, Can Co-op Campaign be played in both modes over Xbox Live? Or just Remastered mode? My brother and his friend (his friend who has never played CE before O_o) want to play throgh the Campaign in Classic mode first then right afterwards play it in Remastered mode.
>
> I mean, like I said, I’m pretty tired so the answer might be staring me right in the face or somethin. So please pardon my… alseepness.

Excellent question! This is actually something that I’d like to know, aside from if the campaign will remain 2players or if it will be bumped to 4 players.