Random Guessing: Number of S-IV's KIA

I wonder how many S-IV’s are already KIA. All i know is Fireteam Castle which composed of six members

I wouldnt say many have been KIA, Castle was because they were ambushed and cornered on all sides, something that even the perfect soldier would find hard to escape from.

We also dont know if all of Castle was exterminated or captured instead, but I assume they were all KIA, went down fighting.

In general, I feel that like the Spartan III’s before them that the IV’s also rely heavily on teamwork, assistance, as a squad, and arent as skilled perhaps at being a lone wolf such as Master Chief.

They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.

> They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.

Since when? The only Spartan IV’s I know of that have canonically died are Castle.

Die, didn’t you know? Spartans never die.

I killed a few on the Infinity during Mission 6. 'Twas fun.

Only 343 went “Mia”

> They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.

Spartan 3’s would like a word with you.

> > They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.
>
> Spartan 3’s would like a word with you.

The 3’s were also given far inferior equipment(SPI Armor), while the 4’s are equipped with MJOLNIR and Armor Abilities.

Are they also listed MIA?

> > > They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.
> >
> > Spartan 3’s would like a word with you.
>
> The 3’s were also given far inferior equipment(SPI Armor), while the 4’s are equipped with MJOLNIR and Armor Abilities.

The Spartan III’s equipment had nothing to do with the reason they died. They were sent on suicide missions. And there’s no evidence saying pointing to the fact that Spartan IV’s die alot.

They do seem completely reckless.

The overwhelming majority of the S-IIs (that actually made it to mjolnir) survived right up until Reach. It feels like many times that number of S-IVs have died in months, and NOT because they’re fighting a tougher fight. They go down to Requiem on their own terms, there’s no reason to be dying…not as a spartan.

Pretty -Yoink- program.

> They do seem completely reckless.
>
> The overwhelming majority of the S-IIs (that actually made it to mjolnir) survived right up until Reach. It feels like many times that number of S-IVs have died in months, and NOT because they’re fighting a tougher fight. They go down to Requiem on their own terms, there’s no reason to be dying…not as a spartan.
>
> Pretty Yoink! program.

I’m pretty sure the only team we know of that has canonically died was Castle, and I doubt even Spartan IIs could get out of that situation. But I do agree that they are more reckless than the IIs.

However, they aren’t meant to be like the IIs. Like Halsey said, there are certain psychological and physiological factors which would requite children to be used to obtain something similar to the IIs. Even Thorne recognizes that not knowing anything other than fighting would give you an edge in battle.

Honestly, everyone should stop comparing the IVs to the IIs. They are very different from each other, and on purpose too. The IVs weren’t breed for war, which is why they behave more like an average marine than a Spartan II.

> > > > They die in piles. Im suprised they call them spartans.
> > >
> > > Spartan 3’s would like a word with you.
> >
> > The 3’s were also given far inferior equipment(SPI Armor), while the 4’s are equipped with MJOLNIR and Armor Abilities.
>
> The Spartan III’s equipment had nothing to do with the reason they died. They were sent on suicide missions. And there’s no evidence saying pointing to the fact that Spartan IV’s die alot.

Yes they were sent on suicide missions, but many of III’s deaths could have easily been prevented if they had been equipped with MJOLNIR. Adam-B004 comes to mind, he took a needler round through the lower spine that immobilized his legs. If he was wearing MJOLNIR instead of SPI he would have had a better chance to survive.

Besides, logically looking at it, which would be more effective? 300 Spartans of Beta company in SPI or 300 Spartans of Beta company in MJOLNIR. I’m simply making a point that the Spartan-III’s are far more effective(from what we’ve seen) in combat, even when equipped with far inferior gear than the 4’s and much, much more disciplined.

> > They do seem completely reckless.
> >
> > The overwhelming majority of the S-IIs (that actually made it to mjolnir) survived right up until Reach. It feels like many times that number of S-IVs have died in months, and NOT because they’re fighting a tougher fight. They go down to Requiem on their own terms, there’s no reason to be dying…not as a spartan.
> >
> > Pretty Yoink! program.
>
> I’m pretty sure the only team we know of that has canonically died was Castle, and I doubt even Spartan IIs could get out of that situation. But I do agree that they are more reckless than the IIs.
>
> However, they aren’t meant to be like the IIs. Like Halsey said, there are certain psychological and physiological factors which would requite children to be used to obtain something similar to the IIs. Even Thorne recognizes that not knowing anything other than fighting would give you an edge in battle.
>
> Honestly, everyone should stop comparing the IVs to the IIs. They are very different from each other, and on purpose too. The IVs weren’t breed for war, which is why they behave more like an average marine than a Spartan II.

I personally compare them more to Spartan-III’s. Both are mass produced and both volunteered(legally or not).

> I personally compare them more to Spartan-III’s. Both are mass produced and both volunteered(legally or not).

Even comparing them to the IIIs is pushing it if you ask me. Personally, I think that every generation of Spartans is very different, and used for different purposes. The IIs were used in high-priority situations where ODSTs just wouldn’t cut it. The IIIs were mostly sent on suicide missions to buy the UNSC some time. THe IVs are similar in purpose to the IIs, but also similar to ODSTs. People keep expecting that augmentations somehow make a normal soldier super uptight and disciplined like the IIs, that is most definitely not the case.