Random guessing: How many Spartan-IV's?

How many Spartan IV’s do you think there will be? There were 33 Spartan II’s, around 900 Spartan III’s and I don’t know how many ORION Spartan I’s. (Johnson)

The amount of people on the Infinity is 17,000. Now the majority of these will be navy personal: civvies, scientists, engineers, marines, ODST etc.

What colonel Ackerson wanted is within ten/twenty years after SPARTAN-III was to have hundreds of thousands of super soldiers to fight the Covenant and the Insurrection. So, what do you think would be a respectable number of model 4’s on the Infinity?

I’d say… around 3000?

3000+.

Remember they were sent to explore new worlds, they need people who can survive in alien atmospheres.

Thats a really good question… I feel like it could be more than 1000 because of how the Spartan IV program works. The fact they don’t have to train soldiers as children probably saves a lot of time. Im curious how vigorous and how long the program is but regardless, I think it could be maybe 1500-2000? Theres a lot of factors to weigh in but at this point we have a lot of unknowns so my number is completely arbitrary.

It was a typo, I meant 3000. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Leonidas and his Spartan force on steroids…)

I would say about 1000. It has only be four years since the end of the war.

At the start, on Infinity itself and not including already trained and distributed elsewhere, 343 but ever growing. Infinity is an SIV mobile production factory.
The ship itself capable of manufacturing MJOLNIR parts out of raw resources collected from asteroids/comets/etc and soldier and family personal on board are all capable of being upgraded and trained as resources are collected.

> At the start, on Infinity itself and not including already trained and distributed elsewhere, 343 but ever growing. Infinity is an SIV mobile production factory.
> The ship itself capable of manufacturing MJOLNIR parts out of raw resources collected from asteroids/comets/etc and soldier and family personal on board are all capable of being upgraded and trained as resources are collected.

Oh, so the number is constantly changing?

Just one.

Buck.

> Oh, so the number is constantly changing?

As they train new ones and older ones die, yes :slight_smile:

> > Oh, so the number is constantly changing?
>
> As they train new ones and older ones die, yes :slight_smile:

But how would the older ones die? From the training?

I like to imagine that we are the Spartan-IV’s, so their numbers are possibly in the millions.

> I like to imagine that we are the Spartan-IV’s, so their numbers are possibly in the millions.

True, since we are the ones training in War Games and doing missions in Spartan Ops.

buck may become a spartan IV because in Halo3: odst he said if he was a child again he could have been picked for the program, so buck my apply for the program again

> How many Spartan IV’s do you think there will be? There were <mark>33 Spartan II’s</mark>, around 900 Spartan III’s and I don’t know how many ORION Spartan I’s. (Johnson)
>
> The amount of people on the Infinity is 17,000. Now the majority of these will be navy personal: civvies, scientists, engineers, marines, ODST etc.
>
> What colonel Ackerson wanted is within ten/twenty years after SPARTAN-III was to have hundreds of thousands of super soldiers to fight the Covenant and the Insurrection. So, what do you think would be a respectable number of model 4’s on the Infinity?
>
> I’d say… around 3000?

Yeah… after the rest washed-out. I think you really should have said that there were originally 75 Spartan-IIs.

But anyway, yeah, 3000+. S-IVs are just specially selected marines/ODSTs, so there are plenty of them, unlike the S-IIs which needed the correct genes etc.

It is cheaper so…I guess somewhere in the thousands.

I’m hoping just a few hundred, like 400-500 at most. Even then I’d quite like for some catastrophe to wipe out at least half or even most of them so there are only around 30-60ish super-soldiers left. I like the exclusivity of the spartans so personally I’d prefer it if there weren’t thousands. After all, even though there were up to 900 Spartan III’s, they came in companies of 300 and were only replaced because the last companies were decimated.

I even Kelly, Linda, Fred and the surviving Spartan II’s from Ghosts of onyx will be returning, possibly as team leaders as the Spartan IV’s. We never learnt what happened to Gamma company either, although I imagine most of them were killed like the Alpha and Beta companies. I’d like for Jun to return as a Spartan IV as well.

I’d also really love for Buck to return as a Spartan IV. After all, there was a quote somewhere in the game stating “If he were any better, he’d be a Spartan”.

Like a previous user said, the Infinity might be constantly making Spartan IV’s…and I too would like to think that we’re the Spartan IV’s :3

> > > Oh, so the number is constantly changing?
> >
> > As they train new ones and older ones die, yes :slight_smile:
>
> But how would the older ones die? From the training?

The older ones die in missions they are sent on. They don’t all die and the idea is for them to live, but they are still human and blowing stuff up or purposely surrounding one’s self with the enemy will eventually lead to death.
As stated, the Infinity likely has some of the best soldiers left in the UNSC. They’ll be used to train the classes of SIV’s that are being constantly produced by the ship’s war game simulator and MJOLNIR development centre.