Random Crashes?

So, after being disheartened months back of not being able to run Halo 5 Forge while meeting the listed minimum requirements, in a moment of denial I downloaded it again a few days ago and was surprised to see that it actually is working for me now, which has me thrilled. Now I have a small but obnoxious issue.

I seem to crash every few matches upon loading a map or in the middle of a match. The game just closes. No error message, no Halo 5 Forge has stopped working, no nothing. It just closes. I know that doesn’t help narrow down the cause of the issue but has anyone else encountered this and if so how can I go about fixing this? It’s really irritating when i’m hosting a match and I get kicked out and am unable to become party leader again of that same lobby because it gave it to a random player.

Any help would be appreciated.

My specs:
Nividia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
Intel Core I7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD) 41 °C
1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device

> 2533274855872059;1:
> So, after being disheartened months back of not being able to run Halo 5 Forge while meeting the listed minimum requirements, in a moment of denial I downloaded it again a few days ago and was surprised to see that it actually is working for me now, which has me thrilled. Now I have a small but obnoxious issue.
>
> I seem to crash every few matches upon loading a map or in the middle of a match. The game just closes. No error message, no Halo 5 Forge has stopped working, no nothing. It just closes. I know that doesn’t help narrow down the cause of the issue but has anyone else encountered this and if so how can I go about fixing this? It’s really irritating when i’m hosting a match and I get kicked out and am unable to become party leader again of that same lobby because it gave it to a random player.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> My specs:
> Nividia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
> Intel Core I7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz
> 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
> 232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD) 41 °C
> 1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device

That also happens to me alot, for unknown reasons. I think 343 should have been monitoring the game and search for issues and fixes. This one by far is the most annoying, IMO. So many times I was the party leader, the game closes, and I’m not the leader again. Fortunately, the same people join my lobby if I make one :slight_smile:

I am having the exact same issues as you with random crashes after a few games whilst either loading or mid-game. There are no crash reports or anything, it just closes off and brings me back to my desktop without warning. It doesn’t freeze beforehand or display any signs that anything is going wrong.

My specs are:

MSI GTX 980 Armor 2x 4GB
intel i5 6600
8GM G.Skill DDR4 RAM
2TB HDD

So I’m gonna take a random guess and say this isn’t specifically at fault with computer specs. Let me know if you find a workaround or anything, been searching around for ages with nothing before stumbling upon this topic.

Edit: So I went into the Event Viewer and found something saying “display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered” at the time the game closed. After a little more googling, I found someone mentioning they uninstalled MalwareBytes (which I did) and been back on the game since, and it seems more stable for now.

I also changed a setting in Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, then under Power Management for Halo 5 so that instead of using ‘Optimal Power’ by default, it is now set to ‘Prefer maximum performance’. More than anything, it fixed a lot of FPS drops and all in all, makes the game much more stable as well.

Hope this helps you too!

it still crashes today. no wonder why buy since microsoft and 343 dosent care we might have a lot of problems