Rampant Quitting MUST END. 343, Please fix this!!!

I’ve been playing a lot more Halo MCC recently and when I actually get into a full game that lasts until somebody wins, I’m having a blast. Its almost like the old days. There are many issues that still remain with Halo MCC, but lets cut to the chase: The primary issue BY FAR preventing me from enjoying this game fully is rampant quitting. Easily over half of the games I find in all kinds of playlists end up with one person from (normally the losing team) quitting, followed by nearly everybody else on the team.

I really don’t understand why people do this. Its hard enough to find a game anyways. Just because you’re losing doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. I know most people won’t read this and decide to stop their quitting addiction, so we have to rely on 343.

THERE HAS TO BE A (somewhat harsh) PENALTY FOR QUITTING.

I’m sorry to shout, but I am quite fed up with it. Halo matchmaking does’t work like CoD. There are no other players to join; when people quit, the game is necessarily ruined. In previous Halos, there has been a penalty for quitting (albeit to lenient). There needs to be one in MCC.

The other possibility is a reward for finishing your games, though I doubt that would work as well. Does anybody agree?

If 343 made it so you could gain Exp like in Halo 3, I would agree with this. I also get tired of quitters but they do rank down in the ranked playlist. I would really like to see Exp come back, otherwise I don’t think they’ll do anything. Maybe suspend you for a few hours from matchmaking but that might be too harsh.

[deleted]

> 2533274849806540;3:
> Add a ranking system, otherwise I’m just going to quit every game where the other team sucks. It gets boring to utterly destroy the other team until they quit. There is nothing challenging about Halo MCC keeping people interested enough to play a full game.

I have to agree with you. I pride myself in finishing games…but until more playlists are ranked you see players leaving when they’re getting smoked because there is NO PENALTY FOR JUMPING SHIP. We need more ranked playlists!!!

> 2533274831708622;2:
> If 343 made it so you could gain Exp like in Halo 3, I would agree with this. I also get tired of quitters but they do rank down in the ranked playlist. I would really like to see Exp come back, otherwise I don’t think they’ll do anything. Maybe suspend you for a few hours from matchmaking but that might be too harsh.

If you manually quit out of a game multiple times within an hour, then no I don’t think it’s too harsh. Getting disconnected is different and shouldn’t be tracked if possible. Getting booted because of betrayals should invoke the same punishment and in my opinion is actually worse than quitting. There is no good reason to quit a game multiple times within an hour. If someone is worried that they might be getting close to the limit before they get banned then HEY! Maybe now they won’t quit. Eventually that paranoia will set in and they’ll worry about getting banned so much that quitting will hopefully be the last thing on their mind. Condition them into thinking that losing is a better alternative than quitting (which it is…)

I just love everyone on my team leaving match
The other team doesn’t seem to notice and give me no chance 5vs1. I have at this point just watched myself getting insta killed a dozen times.
so I quit in spite and we all just waisted about 12 minutes once again.

> 2533274916994520;5:
> > 2533274831708622;2:
> > If 343 made it so you could gain Exp like in Halo 3, I would agree with this. I also get tired of quitters but they do rank down in the ranked playlist. I would really like to see Exp come back, otherwise I don’t think they’ll do anything. Maybe suspend you for a few hours from matchmaking but that might be too harsh.
>
>
> If you manually quit out of a game multiple times within an hour, then no I don’t think it’s too harsh. Getting disconnected is different and shouldn’t be tracked if possible. Getting booted because of betrayals should invoke the same punishment and in my opinion is actually worse than quitting. There is no good reason to quit a game multiple times within an hour. If someone is worried that they might be getting close to the limit before they get banned then HEY! Maybe now they won’t quit. Eventually that paranoia will set in and they’ll worry about getting banned so much that quitting will hopefully be the last thing on their mind. Condition them into thinking that losing is a better alternative than quitting (which it is…)

Ima have to disagree with you on that last part. If your 1-9 I’d rather you quit out because guesse what? I COULD WIN IF YOU -Yoinked!- OFF
@ OP I agree with you 75% of my 150 games on MCC have had someone quit or be afk. H3s xp system is the only thing that will fix it.
H3 rank system= You get xp for winning, which should be your ONLY goal when playing, stats following a close 2nd, but wins>k/d.
Not only do they need a rank system, but they need to stop the unfairly matched teams playing vs randoms. Back to Halo 3 AGAIN( a pattern, hmmmmmm) where a team of 3 people can only find a game if they find a team of 3 players, and the game would be a 3 + 1 random vs 3+ 1 random, or just start a 3v3(wish it did more times then not)

> 2533274818060949;7:
> > 2533274916994520;5:
> > > 2533274831708622;2:
> > > If 343 made it so you could gain Exp like in Halo 3, I would agree with this. I also get tired of quitters but they do rank down in the ranked playlist. I would really like to see Exp come back, otherwise I don’t think they’ll do anything. Maybe suspend you for a few hours from matchmaking but that might be too harsh.
> >
> >
> >
> > If you manually quit out of a game multiple times within an hour, then no I don’t think it’s too harsh. Getting disconnected is different and shouldn’t be tracked if possible. Getting booted because of betrayals should invoke the same punishment and in my opinion is actually worse than quitting. There is no good reason to quit a game multiple times within an hour. If someone is worried that they might be getting close to the limit before they get banned then HEY! Maybe now they won’t quit. Eventually that paranoia will set in and they’ll worry about getting banned so much that quitting will hopefully be the last thing on their mind. Condition them into thinking that losing is a better alternative than quitting (which it is…)
>
>
> Ima have to disagree with you on that last part. If your 1-9 I’d rather you quit out because guesse what? I COULD WIN IF YOU -Yoinked!- OFF
> @ OP I agree with you 75% of my 150 games on MCC have had someone quit or be afk. H3s xp system is the only thing that will fix it.
> H3 rank system= You get xp for winning, which should be your ONLY goal when playing, stats following a close 2nd, but wins>k/d.
> Not only do they need a rank system, but they need to stop the unfairly matched teams playing vs randoms. Back to Halo 3 AGAIN( a pattern, hmmmmmm) where a team of 3 people can only find a game if they find a team of 3 players, and the game would be a 3 + 1 random vs 3+ 1 random, or just start a 3v3(wish it did more times then not)

I could understand wanting the 1 - 9 guy to quit now, but once ranking is implemented I doubt you’ll have teammates score that low as you’ll get separated from the scrubs and newbies fairly quick if you’re good. Also, even if my teammate is 1 - 9 i’d still want them for objective (Decoys FTW) while I cap flags and plant bombs…

See idc if people quit when the score is lopsidded or if its a 4v3 than whatever fine. But when people feel the need to quit during a close 4v4 match getsme so annoyed. The score will be 10-16 and some one will quit. Like come on man you can easily come back from that. In my opinion, I think there’s to many sore losers who care about a meaningless kd that quit because it doesn’t effect their w/l ratio I think. So frustrating. Its bad enough that we have to play people with out communicating. Now we have to deal with people quiting or being afk right nefore they end up quiting anyways ! -.- it’s never been this bad before.