Raising The Level Cap

so ive been an SR130 only a few months after the game came out. love the game but lost total interest in it since ive maxed out… so does anyone know if there is any news as to whether or not they are going to raise the level cap?

any info would be awesome.

CSR was intended to be the next thing to do after hitting SR-130, I recall reading it on a 343 employees twitter a while back.

I highly doubt they will increase the level cap because there are no rewards to make it worth it, you’d just be gaining pointless XP like you are now.

I haven’t heard of anything in that regard, but you could always work on your CSR or commendations :slight_smile:

not really sure if i missed something. but what is CSR?

It would be nice if it was possible to level up to 343. Each level after 130 raises the required XP by 34.3%. :wink:

But yeah, CSR is “the thing” you do after you reach level 130.

1-50! Or maybe 1-100 even.

> not really sure if i missed something. but what is CSR?

CSR stands for Competitive Skill Ranking, it is essentially 1-50 from Halo 3.

It is only available on Halo Waypoint but in-game you’ll be matched up based on your CSR.

A level system based on total xp earned and not skill should have a pretty high cap, like Halo:Reach did. I personally loved Reach’s ranks.

I would have said yes but the CSR is there now, that has to be worked at to keep it up, so no point having a higher SR too.

> CSR was intended to be the next thing to do after hitting SR-130, I recall reading it on a 343 employees twitter a while back.
>
> I highly doubt they will increase the level cap because there are no rewards to make it worth it, you’d just be gaining pointless XP like you are now.

That’s a good point, but how many people truly care about CSR? And how many care about their Spartan Rank? I mean, to your average player, what’s going to be the biggest thing to them, the rank you and everybody else can instantly see in-game, or some number that’s only available on Halo Waypoint that nobody will ever know but you. Hell, judging from Ninja Kaspyr’s post, not everybody even knows about CSR…

Many players will want to have a ranking system where you can instantly and easily see your progress after every match, and be able to easily compare yourself to the other players you’re playing with. I can’t speak for everybody here, but while CSR is a step in the right direction, it’s a piss-poor “next thing to do after hitting SR-130” if you ask me.