Raise the credit limit cap

I know that if your rank is lower than Eclipse, you don’t have this problem, but please understand that there are many others out there who do.

Now, I’m hitting the current 120,000 cR limit in around 4 hours. No, I’m not playing all day 24/7. I’m only turning my Xbox, playing 4 miserable hours, and hitting that cap over and over.

I would really like to keep earning credits for my time on Halo, like any other would, so playing 4 hours and having to stop (there’s no further point, at least for me) I really starting to annoy me. I don’t have any other game on the 360 other than Reach, and I like to play it to rank up.

The credit limit was put there (I guess) to stop people from “exploiting” the game and getting all armor quickly. That’s why I propose a cR limit raise for those who already have all armor. Ranks Eclipse and above should be able to keep getting cR. Something like a 240,000 limit would be nice.

TL;DR
Ranks Eclipse and up should have a 240,000 cR limit per day. We already have all armor. I don’t want to play 4 hours a day just to hit that annoying mark.

First, there’s no logical reason to cap Inheritors in the first place. Second, the -Yoink- game is almost a year old now. There are plenty of Inheritors. The boosters got reset. Why keep holding back the legit players? At minimum, the cap should be removed for anyone from Forerunner up.

Inheritors don’t need any more cR.

> Inheritors don’t need any more cR.

Exactly, I don’t see why you need more cR, by the time you hit Inheritor you should have enough to buy everything, it’s about 20 million credits isn’t it?

Agree 100% the cap needs to be raised or taken off. The 120k was good when no one was higher then a Hero… But not w/ people making 9,000+cR per game at higher ranks it needs to be raised.

I agree OP, I’m an eclipse and I hit the cap most days now, especially as I’m on Summer.

They should either get rid of the cap altogether and monitor boosters/cheaters more carefully or they should gradually increase the cap for each rank.

Ranks such as commanders will find it impossible to reach the cap so 120k should be fine up to around General.

However past general ranks it should be gradually increased.

Do you think that 343i will remove the credit cap? I mean for at least higher ranks above General, with the credit caps, it still takes at least a week to level up… in my opinion, that’s way too long. I mean lets compare it to every single other FPS out there, at the most, it will take a few hours of gameplay to level up, and in Reach, it takes w/o the credit cap. But with the credit cap… it’s just way too long.

I understand that bungie put it in so no one would be able to get to the really high ranks too quickly, but all of the campaign and firefight commendation boosting at the start really just ruined that motive, along with firefight boosting. So I don’t understand why the credit cap is even still in place, and IMO, I believe it should be removed so the players have more freedom to progress on their ranks.

Sidenote: I have only reached the credit cap 3 times, but I do not like to have something stopping me from earning anything from playing.

Thanks, feel free to leave your feedback below.

Yeah, they should. Only if they are able to patch the Checkpoint reload glitches in Campaign.

> Agree 100% the cap needs to be raised or taken off. The 120k was good when no one was higher then a Hero… But not w/ people making 9,000+cR per game at higher ranks it needs to be raised.

Right. Keeping it the way it is shows a complete lack of logic on the devs’ part.

Good point… 343 should make it impossible to boost in campaign, but at the same time give it more credits than it would give in Reach (w/o boosting)

The Credit Cap Is a Mental (/Neural?) Safety… Like Durandal Might Say.

In Human Words, The Reason Of The Cap Is Too Avoid That People Spend 25 Hours a-day Playing Reach To Achieve Ranks Higher, The Daily Cap Offers The Players a Limit, That When Reached, It’s Like Saying “Dude, Stop, You’ve Been Playing Too Much Today, Don’t You Have a Family, Not Even a Pet?”. Something Like That…

343 Might Increase The Credit Cap, At All, But Not Erase It Entirely. A Third, Better Option Could Be That They Increase The Credit Cap For Each Level You Advance, For Example, When You Get To a Rank Where You Normally Achieve 1500Cr, And You Need 150.000 To Advance To The Next Level, The Cap Might Be Of 75.000, So You Don’t Spend Your Entire Day There (If Your Taking Your Calculator Out, Stop!, I’ve Already Made The Counting. It Would Be Like 50 Games. Not Too Much Right? That’s Like a Weekly Challenge.

i highly doubt its because bungie wants us the spend less time on the game lol. its to slow down boosters and afkers. i think removing the credit cap would be a horrible idea because as soon as some glitcher finds a way to get unlimited credits everyone will be whining around and complain. enjoy the game not gaining credit…

I just wish they’d increase it by 50,000 cR. I’ve only hit the cap a few times, and its annoying when your playing with friends. Either increase it, or make it so every rank gets a higher cap. As the higher your rank, the more game complete bonus you get. Having a cap now makes no sense, the game is almost a year old.

If people want to spend their entire day playing, it should be up to them. The cap has nothing to do with it. I hit the stupid cap in 4 hours, but I still play 12-15. The cap has nothing to do with people’s playtime.

I’m a forerunner and I barely hit the credit cap. I’d need more than 5 hours to hit the cap.

IMO, the credit limit cap its great!

I dont know whats the OP rank, but you should be patient, you’ll reach inheritor someday

:slight_smile:

I have to agree. Challenge resetters, I would assume, are no longer a problem (if they are I’m sure the credit cap is hurting more high ranked players than preventing cheaters). If the credit cap is no longer ensuring that the game is being played fairly, its only other (unintentional) function is controlling how long people play in a day. That isn’t 343’s job. Hopefully 343 will remain involved with the community and listen to us like Bungie did and fix this. Regardless I think there would is a unanimous yes from the community to raise the credit cap (even from those of us who have never come close to it).

for the ppl who play big team battle u hit the credit cap fast exspecialy the banshee pilots getting 60+ kills a game i hit credit cap in a few hours im nova and even after credit cap i still play like 2day i capped in 5 hours just spawn killing in a banshee i think the cap should be removed ive been hitting credit cap since i was a general and it sucks they should just monitor all players who go afk in firefight kinda hard to monitor ppl in big team wen half the time players r spawned killed before they find someone to kill so all it shows that they die alot with no kills

Turn the cap off completely

> I’m a forerunner and I barely hit the credit cap. I’d need more than 5 hours to hit the cap.
>
> IMO, the credit limit cap its great!
>
> I dont know whats the OP rank, but you should be patient, you’ll reach inheritor someday
>
> :slight_smile:

I’m at max rank anyway, and I’m still protesting the cap. It’s garbage. They have no business screwing over legit hardcore gamers.

I’d really like an answer from 343i as to why the cap is still so low, and why Inheritors are capped to begin with.