Railgun Tips?

I suck with it.

It seems that other people destroy with it, but not me.

I am typically a pretty accurate shot. Tips for the best way to utilize it?

Charge it and release it when your aimer is red.

Don’t Miss

Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.

i was terrible with the rail gun at first but keep using it, you’ll get better.

If you charged it up and you don’t want it to fire when you let go of the trigger, quickly press the Y button.

> Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.

No this is a -Yoink- tactic because when your crosshair is red you will ALWAYS kill the person, however when you zoom in you don’t get that red aim assist and will barely always hit the person on target.
Trust me I’ve mastered the rail gun since forever ago.

really? when people shoot a round at me i watch the blast miss me then next thing i know i’m dead that gun is a magnet. same thing happens when i use it, the blast curves into people its ridiculous.

> > Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.
>
> No this is a Yoink! tactic because when your crosshair is red you will ALWAYS kill the person, however when you zoom in you don’t get that red aim assist and will barely always hit the person on target.
> Trust me I’ve mastered the rail gun since forever ago.

I actually like to charge it up, go into my binoculars and align the cross-hairs on an enemy sniper for a cross-map kill.

> really? when people shoot a round at me i watch the blast miss me then next thing i know i’m dead that gun is a magnet. same thing happens when i use it, the blast curves into people its ridiculous.

Like i said, by the time you release the shot and your crosshair is red, the person will be dead.

Yeah I thinkIi was overthinking it. I never even noticed the crosshair turn red, kind of like the sword. Thanks for the tips.

> Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.

yeah…this only works if your target is standing still or walking in a straight path. you lose the aim assist.

> > > Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.
> >
> > No this is a Yoink! tactic because when your crosshair is red you will ALWAYS kill the person, however when you zoom in you don’t get that red aim assist and will barely always hit the person on target.
> > Trust me I’ve mastered the rail gun since forever ago.
>
> I actually like to charge it up, go into my binoculars and align the cross-hairs on an enemy sniper for a cross-map kill.

Yeah?
It would take more than 3 seconds for you to shoot cross map from red rag base to blue rag base.
I highly doubt you do this everyday. Try 1v1 with it on grifball court and stay as far as you can away from your opponent, its hard.

> > > > Well if you want to be more accurate, after you start charging you can zoom in with the visors zoom mode, and it will still allow you to keep charging and fire, so that should help you be more accurate.
> > >
> > > No this is a Yoink! tactic because when your crosshair is red you will ALWAYS kill the person, however when you zoom in you don’t get that red aim assist and will barely always hit the person on target.
> > > Trust me I’ve mastered the rail gun since forever ago.
> >
> > I actually like to charge it up, go into my binoculars and align the cross-hairs on an enemy sniper for a cross-map kill.
>
> Yeah?
> It would take more than 3 seconds for you to shoot cross map from red rag base to blue rag base.
> I highly doubt you do this everyday. Try 1v1 with it on grifball court and stay as far as you can away from your opponent, its hard.

Actually I do this a lot, especially on Ragnarok. The trick is to have the reticule on the target before you charge up the rifle so you only have to make small aim adjustments in that 3 second time-frame. Try it, it’s easy. Hate mail guaranteed.

Treat it like a spartan laser, bolt shot or plasma gun, eye in on your target and begin charging it and try to get the reticule right on the player, I will never zoom with this gun as it usually makes me miss, even on long distance shots if you have the reticule over the player its a one shot kill.
I sucked at first but once I started trying to get the gun charging before I started aiming it began working a little better, I think if you try and target the enemy right when you being charging it, its too long to hold the reticule on the player and leads to a miss. Hope this helps.

I prefer charging without binoculars. I don’t bother trying to waste my railgun at insane ranges, unless someone is not or barely moving. I used to be garbage at it, but now I love it. It’s great for taking down jetpackers. My reticule is never read when I shoot it, but I still get the kill most of the time.

Lead your shots just a little if your targeting someone whose moving left and right. If they are sprinting, lead more. It’s pretty hard to miss now if they are directly in front of you and charging away or to you.

Get dead-on hits or direct foot-shots. The splash damage is nothing to rely on.

If you find that you held the trigger too long, double tap Y to cancel the charge.

Combine it with prometheus vision, gives you a second or two to charge up, plus aim at feet as the splash does help.

But one in the face is always winz!!