Railgun Scrapped?

Hey ya’ll! Gamertag Vampyre0422 here! Ok, my big hope with all the non-leaked gameplay footage that’s been released lately was to see the railgun in action. But I never saw it default spawn for regular slayer matches and I didn’t even see it as an option in infinity slayer ordnance drops neither at E3 nor MLG exclusive vids. Was it scrapped? I would be bummed if it was, that was my big hope for H4. But its not even on the official H4 sites.

No no no! It wasn’t scrapped. It just wasn’t available to use in the E3 demo builds.

If I’m not mistaken, I think the Railgun was actually the Light Rifle and was simply renamed.

ok that i can accept, but its not even in the ordnance & armor section of the halo 4 site.

They wouldn’t have told us so much about it if they weren’t gonna put it in the game. They probably weren’t ready to show it off yet, or it might not have worked well on the maps they were playing on. Just think of how much cooler it’ll seem when you do finally see it, though.

> If I’m not mistaken, I think the Railgun was actually the Light Rifle and was simply renamed.

The two are conpletely different. Railgun is like a mini Spartan Laser that has more of an impact and fires faster. Light Rifle seems to be the promethian version of the DMR/BR

> If I’m not mistaken, I think the Railgun was actually the Light Rifle and was simply renamed.

you are mistaken. the railgun is a charge weapon similar to the spartan laser. its basically your handheld gauss cannon. only you have to charge it and reload it after every shot. and there is no zoom. and it is a one hit kill power weapon, while the light rifle is the promethean BR/DMR mix.

I believe you are mistaken. They look quite different from each other and, according to BSangel, fire much differently too. The Railgun has to charge for half as long as the Spartan Laser and has no scope. The Light Rifle has a scope and doesn’t need to be charged.

LOL

Railgun? SCRAPPED? It would be a crime to do so.

It just wasn’t available to use at E3 that’s all.