Railgun fails

So, this seems to keep happening to me more and more frequently. I shoot a guy directly in the body with a railgun, but he doesn’t die, not even a scratch! It’s actually becoming quite comical because it happens so much. I had a friend over the other day who was in disbelief when I had told him about what happened. We both reviewed one of my previous games and it just so happened that I shot one guy TWICE with my railgun, the second time he was even weak, and he didn’t die.

The railgun is the only weapon that is totally inconsistent for me. However, I don’t ever see anyone else complaining about it, so I’m wondering if this is something that is only happening to me?

I’m just going to go ahead and point out to the doubters, I am definitely NOT missing. There is an explosion that occurs each time the railgun impacts my opponents body, but they are left standing completely unscathed when the blast clears.

Same, here. Network code problems…

Sounds like a weird lag of some sort, every time ive shot someone with the railgun or next to them they die.

Their is something satisfying about sniping someone across the map with one, maybe because their is no scope and must be hipfired.

You mean you actually get splash damage kills “Yummy”? Wow, my railgun is so ineffective that I honestly thought that splash damage kills were nearly impossible, lol.

> Same, here. Network code problems…

Yeah, I agree. I don’t think its lag necessarily, because even in those games where my railgun is broken, my DMR seems to work fine.

same with laser

> Sounds like a weird lag of some sort, every time ive shot someone with the railgun or next to them they die.
>
> Their is something satisfying about sniping someone across the map with one, maybe because their is no scope and must be hipfired.

Ahh but there is a scope if you know how to use it.

I have more latency issues with the Laser than I do with the Railgun. Only time I get the aforementioned “Hit but not hit” effect is if I’m too far from the opponent; the railgun projecticle clearly zips past the player, but the sound effect of the explosion hitting occurs.

The Railgun’s best use is in close to mid range; the bullet magnetism on it is so ridiculous that red cursor = kill 95% of the time. Sniping with it is only good against stationary targets.

> I have more latency issues with the Laser than I do with the Railgun. Only time I get the aforementioned “Hit but not hit” effect is if I’m too far from the opponent; the railgun projecticle clearly zips past the player, but the sound effect of the explosion hitting occurs.
>
> The Railgun’s best use is in close to mid range; the bullet magnetism on it is so ridiculous that red cursor = kill 95% of the time. Sniping with it is only good against stationary targets.

Maybe I should have clarified the distance I’m shooting from, sorry about that. Two recent instances occurred while me and my opponent were both in top middle of Haven, and while we were both on top of the front Complex base. When I shot the guy on top of complex the second time I was less than 10 feet away, it was a desperation move.

Also, I have went back in theater mode and can confirm that the railgun projectile is actually making contact with the target.

I do have the same issue with the Railgun but it’s like 1 in every 20 shots roughly so I don’t stress it too much.

> Their is something satisfying about sniping someone across the map with one, maybe because their is no scope and must be hipfired.

In case you haven’t noticed yet, you can use the HUD binocs as a scope for the Railgun… makes hitting long range targets a bit easier (though there is still some skill involved with this).

As you charge the Railgun, press the scope button to zoom in.
Sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? XD

This article explains a lot to me Thanks. The railgun is broken just like how the regen never works to restore your shields.

> This article explains a lot to me Thanks. The railgun is broken just like how the regen never works to restore your shields.

False, Regen works just fine.

> > This article explains a lot to me Thanks. The railgun is broken just like how the regen never works to restore your shields.
>
> False, Regen works just fine.

Regen doesnt work at all 10% of the time.

> The railgun is broken just like how the regen never works to restore your shields.

> Regen doesnt work at all 10% of the time.

It only replenishes shields when you’re not taking enemy fire… so don’t just keep standing out in the open, you still need to be in cover while using it.

The Railgun isn’t broken either… you’re just doing it wrong.

That would be lag you are experiencing.

I think it’s funny when you aim correctly and the projectile just randomly flies over someones head lol. What does a Spartan have to do to get a kill around here?

> > The railgun is broken just like how the regen never works to restore your shields.
>
>
>
> > Regen doesnt work at all 10% of the time.
>
> It only replenishes shields when you’re not taking enemy fire… so don’t just keep standing out in the open, you still need to be in cover while using it.
>
> The Railgun isn’t broken either… you’re just doing it wrong.

I’m just doing it wrong? Haha, I didn’t know I had to headshot my opponent with a railgun just to get a kill. Believe me, my aim is fine.

As for the regeneration shield, I think people depend on it to help them when DMR/BR battles too much. Regeneration shield is not super powerful and that’s the way it should be.

Weird, Railgun works fine for me. And when you say it’s the only weapon that’s been inconsistent, have you never used the Concussion Rifle/Scattershot? lol

You have to remember that the Railgun is not hitscan and is a projectile weapon. The shot is explosive so shoot the enemy player’s feet to get more consistent kills. If you’re going for a direct shot, you have to remember that there’s a high chance that the enemy player can dodge at the very last second.

> Weird, Railgun works fine for me. And when you say it’s the only weapon that’s been inconsistent, have you never used the Concussion Rifle/Scattershot? lol

Haha, I actually did say that it is the only inconsistent weapon for me, but I would like to restate my original sentence. The scattershot and the railgun are both largely inconsistent for me. I was just trying to focus on the railgun and not shed attention toward the game’s many flaws.