Railgun failing to do its job- just me?

So 95% of the time, it works every time. However, the Railgun has, on multiple occasions (beginning back in November when I bought the game), exploded on a non-overshielded target and not only failed to kill them, but failed to do any damage whatsoever. It’s happened sometimes twice in a game. I’ve gone back and reviewed the footage in Theater, and it clearly shows the shell hitting the target, exploding, and no shield damage being done.

My connection isn’t laggy at all, so I’m inclined to think it’s a bug in the game code. Has this happened to anyone else?

it seems to go right through targets for me, guess I havent really learned how to use it yet.

I feel like there should be some sort of damage when you shoot the Railgun on the ground next to the enemies.

Weapon is easymode.

Probably just you.

Also, Johnny, there is splash damage…

The Railgun would do it’s job fine if there were no issues with connection. Considering that lag is a big problem in Halo 4 majority of the time, of course there would be unfortunate instances of this occurring.

> Weapon is easymode.
>
> Probably just you.
>
> Also, Johnny, there is splash damage…

So why, then, if I’m missing, does it clearly show the explosion, both in game and in the theater afterward? I’ve got three clips of it on my fileshare, one of which has it failing twice in a row.

Seems very inconsistant to me, I have hit enemies dead-center and done no damage, hit them in to toes TWICE and had them not die and even hit people point blank and had them live while I die.

Then I turn around and someone snipes me out with it from halfway across the map while in mid air as if its a sniper rifle.

This has actually happened to me twice on occasion , each on Longbow . Perhaps a glitch of some sort ?

It is simply a weapon dependent on connection. No glitches. The weapon has insane auto aim though so it has to compensate for something.

The railgun is pretty easy to use, since it has splash damage which can kill.

I feel like everyone is beast when they use the railgun against me, but I cant kill anything with it…

> So 95% of the time, it works every time. However, the Railgun has, on multiple occasions (beginning back in November when I bought the game), exploded on a non-overshielded target and not only failed to kill them, but failed to do any damage whatsoever. It’s happened sometimes twice in a game. I’ve gone back and reviewed the footage in Theater, and it clearly shows the shell hitting the target, exploding, and no shield damage being done.
>
> My connection isn’t laggy at all, so I’m inclined to think it’s a bug in the game code. Has this happened to anyone else?

This actually happened to me, I needed 1 more kill with it for expert commendation. Went for the kill and dealt no damage whats so ever. I ended up being killed by that player.

It could be lag, I’ve seen it happen.

Also, it’s supposed to be more of a giant bullet than an explosive round, at least in practice. The explosion has almost no radius.

It has a lot to do with lag and “sweeping” the shot over the target.

Its basically comparable to “bloodshots” if you know how they occur then you know how the rail gun works and this problem won’t pop up as frequently as it does.

I could teach people a simple tactic but but you’d have to invite me and that ain’t going to be accepted since I don’t have the time.

> It has a lot to do with lag and “sweeping” the shot over the target.
>
> Its basically comparable to “bloodshots” if you know how they occur then you know how the rail gun works and this problem won’t pop up as frequently as it does.
>
> I could teach people a simple tactic but but you’d have to invite me and that ain’t going to be accepted since I don’t have the time.

So why even post about your super 1337 tactic? Posturing won’t get you very far on the internet, bro.

> > It has a lot to do with lag and “sweeping” the shot over the target.
> >
> > Its basically comparable to “bloodshots” if you know how they occur then you know how the rail gun works and this problem won’t pop up as frequently as it does.
> >
> > I could teach people a simple tactic but but you’d have to invite me and that ain’t going to be accepted since I don’t have the time.
>
> So why even post about your super 1337 tactic? Posturing won’t get you very far on the internet, bro.

Keywords
“sweeping”
“bloodshots”
Figure it out bro

“So why, then, if I’m missing, does it clearly show the explosion, both in game and in the theater afterward? I’ve got three clips of it on my fileshare, one of which has it failing twice in a row”.

Haven’t got a clue.

In my experience, the vast majority of the time it works like this:

Red reticule = death.

When it -Yoinks!- up, and it has done so for me, I don’t even care because it’s so pathetically easy to use and I’ll happily accept the next 70 kills or so without error.

Maybe it’s their connection, not yours.

It’s probably lag, and might be their connection, not yours. I’ve been in many laggy games where shooting the opponent fails to hurt them.