Rail gun Glitch (Feature)

Not sure if this is old or not but to everyone I’ve mentioned it to, no one had noticed it.

Anyways, with the rail gun if you pull the trigger to charge, if you click in the thumb stick (default layout) to zoom, it will continue to charge while zoomed and eventually fire as normal.

Helps a bit when you’re using it against someone farther off those few seconds of zoom can help you to land the shot.

I’m using this :slight_smile: It helps.

I don’t understand why should be a glitch, to me seems legit…

It’s a glitch because 343 stated that the Railgun would NOT have a zoom feature so it would be “different” than the Splaser. If you can zoom in during charge to be more accurate with your shot, that was not intended.

Useful info OP. Thanks!!!

> I don’t understand why should be a glitch, to me seems legit…

The Railgun does not have a standard scope like the Spartan Laser or Rocket Launcher, so it is a glitch.

I noticed you can do that with the PP also. Maybe possible to do with any gun without a scope that needs to charge.

> It’s a glitch because 343 stated that the Railgun would NOT have a zoom feature so it would be “different” than the Splaser. If you can zoom in during charge to be more accurate with your shot, that was not intended.
>
> Useful info OP. Thanks!!!

Ha! I didn’t know they said that, now this is just ironic.

I did this since day 1 (becous of confusing how it works).
But not anymore, I notice it’s not a good sniping weapon becous the bullet has lower speed. Well good if they stand still, but I rather use this weapon in Medium-CQ range :slight_smile:

> I noticed you can do that with the PP also. Maybe possible to do with any gun without a scope that needs to charge.

Just tried, PP and boltshot work also, although not as useful as the rail gun. IMO

> I don’t understand why should be a glitch, to me seems legit…

Indeed, we have been able to do this with the charge from the plasma pistol for a very long time.

Yeah I noticed this too, great for taking out turret-operators from afar.

Yet another piece of this game which was not properly tested! Oh well, its a good thing at least though!

This isn’t a glitch, it can be done with ANY weapon that has to charge. Rail Gun, Plasma Pistol and Spartan Laser can all do this.

I’ve known about this and have been using it. It’s not a glitch bro, it’s called a strategy. You’re a thinking player.

> I’ve known about this and have been using it. It’s not a glitch bro, it’s called a strategy. You’re a thinking player.

A glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers.

If they wanted these guns to have a scope they would have put one, it’s an oversight on the programmers part. But I’m not here to nitpick as to what a glitch is or if this is, I’m simply letting those who don’t know about it, know about it.

I found this out when the game came out when me and my friends were messing around with new weapons in forge.

> 2533274944124519;12:
> This isn’t a glitch, it can be done with ANY weapon that has to charge. Rail Gun, Plasma Pistol and Spartan Laser can all do this.

Well, the Spartan Laser is SUPPOSED to have a charge, but the others aren’t

Please don’t revive old topics, this one is nearly 4 years old