Rail Gun + For Vis

Not sure if this has been discussed but I have a sinking sensation that the rail gun will be able penetrate some wall types and if that is the case that would be an awesome combo with the Forerunner Vision.

What do you think?

Good combo or over powered?

Trying to hard to be like the Farsight XR-20

Overpowered

Then again, Prometheus Vision is nerfed by the fact that it can be tricked by holos/camo, alerts the enemies to your position when used, messes up your vision and it’s range is short.

So for now, i’ll say your suggestion is OP just by the fact that it can shoot through walls.

However, the gun’s function remains to be seen.

> Not sure if this has been discussed but I have a sinking sensation that the rail gun will be able penetrate some wall types and if that is the case that would be an awesome combo with the Forerunner Vision.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Good combo or over powered?

I would say it wouldn’t be able to go through walls at all. If you were clever you use Promethean vision and when they are at the corner of a wall you hit them with it.

I doubt the rail gun will shoot through any walls.

> I doubt the rail gun will shoot through any walls.

Uh, but it’s a rail gun.

> > I doubt the rail gun will shoot through any walls.
>
> Uh, but it’s a rail gun.

So?

> > I doubt the rail gun will shoot through any walls.
>
> Uh, but it’s a rail gun.

Don’t mistake the OP; he is just speculating.

We don’t know how this Rail Gun will function.

So please, just remember that this is a speculation thread.

I must’ve missed something. Where are you getting this stuff about a Railgun from?

It was a joke.

In case you haven’t noticed, the rail gun that is currently being developed by the real life Marine Corps. is being created for a double purpose; firstly, to create a gun that can fire over miles upon miles of distance, and second, to be able to fire through buildings to reach a target.

Such is the concept of a rail gun, to be able to penetrate through anything to eliminate a target.

Let’s speculate about speculations.

> I must’ve missed something. Where are you getting this stuff about a Railgun from?

Here

> I must’ve missed something. Where are you getting this stuff about a Railgun from?

Rail Gun was recently confirmed by Frankie on NeoGaf. Check the two info threads at the top for references and links, in recent posts and on the OP of the “Nothing But Facts” thread.

> It was a joke.
>
> In case you haven’t noticed, the rail gun that is currently being developed by the real life Marine Corps. is being created for a double purpose; firstly, to create a gun that can fire over miles upon miles of distance, and second, to be able to fire through buildings to reach a target.
>
> Such is the concept of a rail gun, to be able to penetrate through anything to eliminate a target.

Maybe so, but who knows how this take on the Rail gun will work? 343 might take a different route with this gun and not have it function like traditional Rail Gun.

Or it piercers through certain walls and pwns all that stand before it it’s might.

I’ll just wait for the details :P.

> > It was a joke.
> >
> > In case you haven’t noticed, the rail gun that is currently being developed by the real life Marine Corps. is being created for a double purpose; firstly, to create a gun that can fire over miles upon miles of distance, and second, to be able to fire through buildings to reach a target.
> >
> > Such is the concept of a rail gun, to be able to penetrate through anything to eliminate a target.
>
> Maybe so, but who knows how this take on the Rail gun will work? 343 might take a different route with this gun and not have it function like traditional Rail Gun.
>
>
> Or it piercers through certain walls and pwns all that stand before it it’s might.
>
> I’ll just wait for the details :P.

I’m just saying, it was mentioned by Frankie that this would be able to easily decimate ground troops, and would cause heavy damage to vehicles. If it can harm a Tank (speculation, based on “heavy damage”), then there is no reason why I can’t shoot through a wall with it. Maybe not destroy the foe at the same time, but certainly punch through a wall or two, causing at least slight damage.

On the other hand, I am not necessarily for fully destructible environments. I’m just saying the original real-world concept should be respected, given that they have respected all of the other human weapons/vehicles and their capabilities thus far.

lol shoot through walls…

I’m not sure if it will shoot through walls. I’m not doubting a real one probably could, but the engine probably would not allow for it. If there was destructible environments, 343i would surely have mentioned it by now.

> I doubt the rail gun will shoot through any walls.

Um… do you know what rail guns are and how they work? Comparing the speeds of a projectile from a M16 with that fired from a railgun is like comparing a pedal bike with a crouch rocket or a sports car. And at that speed, it will go through armor.

RAILGUN
DESIGNATION: Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920
MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security
The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike.

> Um… do you know what rail guns are and how they work? Comparing the speeds of a projectile from a M16 with that fired from a railgun is like comparing a pedal bike with a crouch rocket or a sports car. And at that speed, it will go through armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ix62_oBGtg like that, wouldn’t be surprised if it passes through an enemy and hits another behind them, for gameplay it would have to be close.