rail gun ahhhhh

I play a lot of dubs an hate this gun in the playlist. I feel it’s crazy over power’d an takes no skill to use aka rockets…please remove or give it less ammo please!!

To you saying it’s OP: It’s a Power Weapon…

To taking no skill to use: Rockets have been in EVERY Halo and even someone playing Halo for the first time can get a kill with the Rocket Launcher.

Yeah, but rockets dont seem to lock onto a player.

There’s too many 1HK weapons in this game

Railgun
Sticky Detonator
Rockets
Sniper
Incineration Cannon
Binary Rifle
Beam Rifle
Boltshot
Sword
Shotgun

Hard to out-BR/DMR someone when all you are facing is the wrong end of so many OP weapons with loads of auto aim assistance.

> There’s too many 1HK weapons in this game
>
> Railgun
> Sticky Detonator
> Rockets
> Sniper
> Incineration Cannon
> Binary Rifle
> Beam Rifle
> Boltshot
> Sword
> Shotgun
>
> Hard to out-BR/DMR someone when all you are facing is the wrong end of so many OP weapons with loads of auto aim assistance.

This person knows what he’s talking about. So many power weapons…

343i should reduce the amount of clips the rail gun, sticky det , and sniper have for team doubles. Also increase the time the weapon spawns because they spawn too quickly.

Reduce the bullet magnitism will help balance the game as well.

It’s a futuristic crossbow, it shoots in a relatively straight line and only kills when it hits you directly, really easy to avoid.

I play a lot of Doubles too and the Rail gun and Sniper does have a lot of ammo to start off with. I’m decent with the Rail Gun but you come across players that basically have the Rail Gun the whole entire game, which is annoying.

All the power weapons in Doubles need their timer and/or ammo adjusted. People have been begging for this in the Doubles feedback section for a while now to no avail.

You compaRE THE USE OF THE Railgun to the huge splash damage of a rocket?

The gun has a charge time, so you have to time it and well… not die while you charge.

> Yeah, but rockets dont seem to lock onto a player.

Yes, and a rocket’s flight time is much longer as well. But the rail gun is like the rocket in that you usually only get four shots. I think it is a healthy fun weapon that has its limits. I think for small parties (2v2) it would be too much, but otherwise it is fun.

In retrospect, any power weapon in a 2v2 match is insane.

I think it’s fine in doubles, just less ammo for it would be nice. Also, no SD.

The railgun has a charge time, no homing ability on aircraft, nearly no splash damage, and a 1 shot capacity. That’s hardly overpowered. The only advantage the railgun gets is the near-instant travel time of it’s rounds. You don’t need to lead a target as much as simply stay on, though that can be difficult enough at range. A small step to the side before you fire can result in zero damage to the target. Yeah, the railgun is fine.

Unless we start getting ammo crates on maps. In which case, I’d be inclined to agree, as the railgun is the only power weapon I’ve seen able to reload from ammo crates in Spartan Ops. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I discovered that, but it would be game breaking in competitive modes.

Too much ammo in doubles? Really? It’s fine. It’s an OD, you can’t set ammo levels in OD’s and plus RG’s in my experience actually compliment doubles quite nicely. They take a little more skill to use than a simple RPG.

The Railgun is a POWER WEAPON…which means that its supposed to be POWERFUL just make sure you have control of it and by that I mean try to control that area in the maps. Besides as strong as the weapon is it still requires you to aim and time your shot so you can easily evade it(use thruster pack).

i love using the Railgun, it’s my favorite power wepaons
but i do think it needs an aim assist nerf

if i have one in my hands, there ain’t no Spartan on the Infinity that can beat me while i still have ammo

and that’s a problem

An as a power weapon it should only show up in Matchs a few time it spawns back almost as soon as it runs out of ammo

I feel like the bullet for rail gun moves really slow actually.

I think they should make the resupply timer 3 minutes. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with the Railgun.

It somwhat takes skill to use.

> There’s too many 1HK weapons in this game
>
> Railgun
> Sticky Detonator
> Rockets
> Sniper
> Incineration Cannon
> Binary Rifle
> Beam Rifle
> Boltshot
> Sword
> Shotgun
>
> Hard to out-BR/DMR someone when all you are facing is the wrong end of so many OP weapons with loads of auto aim assistance.

And the Hammer