Ragnarok: NO power weapons vs TWO Mantis'?

Unlucky for me I got put with a pretty useless team in CTF but
after helping capture two flags the other team by sheer good fortune managed to take control of both mechs on the map. Host migration was the culprit - when we all reconnected the enemy team had players in just the right positions to grab them immediately. Trouble was the complete lack of artillery to bring them down. No spartan lasers, no rockets, no sniper. It was literally impossible to get anywhere near them - especially with a team who hadn’t a clue.

Quite easily and quickly they brought it back to 2 flags each. Luckily time ran out and we held on long enough for a draw.

So what exactly can be done when this happens? Why aren’t rockets etc more readily available when this happens? What is the counter? It’s a MAJOR imbalance.

343i are gonna be sick of hearing this by the time the year’s out, but in this instance it’s just so blatantly true:

This ridiculous imbalance would never have happened on Bungie’s watch.

You can spawn with a plasma pistol and two plasma grenades… Get good.

> Unlucky for me I got put with a pretty useless team in CTF but
> after helping capture two flags the other team by sheer good fortune managed to take control of both mechs on the map. Trouble was the complete lack of artillery to bring them down. No spartan lasers, no rockets, no sniper. It was literally impossible to get anywhere near them - especially with a team who hadn’t a clue.
>
> Quite easily and quickly they brought it back to 2 flags each. Luckily time ran out and we held on long enough for a draw.
>
> So what exactly can be done when this happens? Why aren’t rockets etc more readily available when this happens? What is the counter? It’s a MAJOR imbalance.
>
> 343i are gonna be sick of hearing this by the time the year’s out, but in this instance it’s just so blatantly true:
>
> This ridiculous imbalance would never have happened on Bungie’s watch.

Your right if bungie did it the mantis would have 3x the health. Its easy to destroy a mantis and why were you dumb enough to let them in your base?

Yep, you should have worked out how to have an anti-vehicle loadout by now.
Plasma pistol, plasma grenades, speed.

Are you insane?

now power weapons to defeat the mantis? well what about your teams mantis… ARGH idiots!

> Your right if bungie did it the mantis would have 3x the health. Its easy to destroy a mantis and why were you dumb enough to let them in your base?

Judging by your inability to read posts properly you shouldn’t be so quick to bandy words like “dumb” about. CTF is a team game. There were five other players on my team, who - as I already stated - weren’t very helpful in securing the match. Don’t be so stupid to claim I was solely responsible for the defence of our base - vs. two mantis’, no less. My plasma pistol had its work cut out, clever clogs.

With a decent team and comms I think we could have done something about the situation; except this game rarely runs in optimum team work conditions - randoms become more hindrance than help. What are you going to say to me now? “Don’t play CTF without good team mates”? Your logic does appear to be very limited, after all.

The conditions of the match meant the gameplay became tipped into imbalance. Expecting a team of silent randoms to suddenly get together and concentrate plasma fire like the freaking Ghostbusters isn’t what balance means, m’kay?

I’ve seen a Spartan Laser in the center of the map (I think that’s random, though?), and there are always Sniper Rifles under the bases. What happened to those?

Unfortunately this map does not play at all like Valhalla after the changes. I wish they could’ve chosen a different map for the Mantis (or none at all).

That or put predictable weapon spawns on that map at least. It’s great that the Snipers always respawn, but Rockets & Laser never do.

> Are you insane?
>
> now power weapons to defeat the mantis? well what about your teams mantis… ARGH idiots!

Not being funny, but can you even read? Seriously. Because you just left the most curious reply.

> I’ve seen a Spartan Laser in the center of the map (I think that’s random, though?), and there are always Sniper Rifles under the bases. What happened to those?

Laser spawns there at the beginning of the match only. Snipers are every 2 minutes and there is no guarantee that he would’ve spawned in the base with the Sniper.

Sniper Rifles spawn at each base and there is a Spartan Laser at center field.

> > Your right if bungie did it the mantis would have 3x the health. Its easy to destroy a mantis and why were you dumb enough to let them in your base?
>
> Judging by your inability to read posts properly you shouldn’t be so quick to bandy words like “dumb” about. CTF is a team game. There were five other players on my team, who - as I already stated - weren’t very helpful in securing the match. Don’t be so stupid to claim I was solely responsible for the defence of our base - vs. two mantis’, no less. My plasma pistol had its work cut out, clever clogs.
>
> With a decent team and comms I think we could have done something about the situation; except this game rarely runs in optimum team work conditions - randoms become more hindrance than help. What are you going to say to me now? “Don’t play CTF without good team mates”? Your logic does appear to be very limited, after all.
>
> The conditions of the match meant the gameplay became tipped into imbalance. Expecting a team of silent randoms to suddenly get together and concentrate plasma fire like the freaking Ghostbusters isn’t what balance means, m’kay?

1 maybe 2 players thinking smart could keep a base secure and turn around to see the mantis spawned.

You can spawn with plasma pistols, plasma grenades and DMRs…

If you can’t take out a Mantis with these tools…

> I’ve seen a Spartan Laser in the center of the map (I think that’s random, though?), and there are always Sniper Rifles under the bases. What happened to those?

Yes you’re correct, at the beginning of the match those tools are there and indeed very useful (I took out the first Mantis with the SL).

But once they’re gone, they’re gone. The random drops later on were of no help whatsoever. It’s always worth bearing in mind that even if we got lucky with a decent drop out on the field somewhere it would have been extremely difficult to grab it seeing as we were completely hemmed in. I’m a decent enough player and if I could have done something, I would have done. I’ve never had a game of Halo CTF in which I felt so hopeless.

The Infinity set up is really irritating, it’s nice to get drops but seriously we need map based power weapons especially if the mantis is staying.

Thank you for chiming in with your good sense.

My friends and I (party of 4) got thrown into a KotH game yesterday on Ragnarok where it was currently 1v5 due to leavers. The other team only had about 20-30 seconds in the hill so far (vs 0 seconds on our side) and the guy was pinned down from mantis fire. As soon as we joined, we took out the mantis within a minute or so and started taking control of the map and weapons / vehicles when they spawned.

We won 150 - 142.

Learn to take down the mantis and you’ll be fine.

The OP is just trolling now…

> My friends and I (party of 4) got thrown into a KotH game yesterday on Ragnarok where it was currently 1v5 due to leavers. The other team only had about 20-30 seconds in the hill so far (vs 0 seconds on our side) and the guy was pinned down from mantis fire. As soon as we joined, we took out the mantis within a minute or so and started taking control of the map and weapons / vehicles when they spawned.
>
> We won 150 - 142.
>
> Learn to take down the mantis and you’ll be fine.

Great story, but that really doesn’t apply to his issue. You were in a party of 4. It’s a lot easier to do everything when you have a team with good communication.

It’s basically a tank with shields, one would be bad enough with no communication, let alone 2. And if the other team had some communication, they could have had those 2 Mantis’ set up perfectly to guard one another if necessary, and cover any possible routes out of the base.

1. Don’t expect randoms to use teamwork.
  2. Use a headset even if your teammates dont have one, communication is still key regardless.
  3. Play with a friend or friends in objective based games.

Dont expect a pity a party from anyone if you did none of the above.