Ragnarok is destroying Halo 4

Every game is either on Ragnarok, or Haven. I mean there are like 6 other maps can we please get some variety. Ragnarok was fun the first 900 times I played it but its really not that great of a map. You have to have sniper or some sort of vehicle to do anything on that map, and if you are unlucky enough to not have either you are screwed. So mix it up guys.

Amen. Here is how all of my BTB Ragnarok games are played.

Two people from each team dash towards the Spartan Laser at the top while both banshees fly to kill said dashers to avoid getting splased.

Spartan with active camo grabs the sniper and either camps Pelican or their base in hopes of headshotting anyone stupid enough to push forward.

The rest is a bunch of other spartans with DMR’s hiding behind rocks, poking their heads out every 5 seconds or so to get a few shots in, and then using shield regen if their shield ever gets dropped.

Oh and don’t bother getting in the warthog. It will get stuck before you can even get a kill.

I believe it is because that’s the only map that is from Halo 3 (Valhalla remake). The other maps we have so far, are kind of crappy imo. Haven is a bit bigger than Guardian was, and that map was played way too much. Valhalla was my favorite map so naturally I pick Ragnarok when I can. Until the DLC maps are released and are better than the maps we already have, this probably wont change.

Take it out the game completely ;D
It’s such an awful map (IMO).
There are so many better BTB maps in past Halos they could’ve remade.

We’ve had Valhalla in the previous 2 Halo’s and it’s boring now.

I want Sandtrap, Terminal or Avalanche back for BTB ;D

Also, i’d like people to vote meltdown more, that map is so fun and so under rated =[

> Take it out the game completely ;D
> It’s such an awful map (IMO).
> There are so many better BTB maps in past Halos they could’ve remade.
>
> We’ve had Valhalla in the previous 2 Halo’s and it’s boring now.
>
> I want Sandtrap, Terminal or Avalanche back for BTB ;D
>
> Also, i’d like people to vote meltdown more, that map is so fun and so under rated =[

Valhalla was only in H3.

Sandtrap would be so incredibly awful with the DMR. Seriously. That’s a horrible, horrible idea.

I just hope that when the DLC comes out that it gets people to vote for other maps instead of the same map every freaking game. It is making H4 stagnate IMO.

They definitely need to tweak how often Ragnarok and Haven pop up. Also, they need to make it so we can’t pick the same map that we JUST played again. I’ve had multiple instances where I played 3-4 matches on the same map.

the maps suck. Valhalla has it all. choke points, open areas, caves. long and short range. none of the other maps are that balanced. The only mad that has the scorpion is cluttered with a huge rock in the middle. maps are too cluttered.

Yeah my bad, lol, not sure what i was thinking with the “past 2 Halo’s comment” lol and i’ve played Halo to death since CE,

But still, It’s a bloody rubbish map.
you say Sandtrap will be bad with the DMR, but Valhall is the same story.

Maybe Sandtrap would be a bit awful with H4’s gameplay, you’re right,
But Terminal and Avalanche would still be pretty cool. ;D

I sense butthurt.

out of all the btb maps ragnarok is the most balanced imo. to me vortex, meltdown and exile feel pretty much like they are the same maps but small differences also i think 343i should now start thinking about adding forged maps because then there will be a buck ton of variety. but don’t get me wrong i love those other maps for dominion and thats it because they dont feel that fantastic for slayer or most other btb gametypes.

but to be honest right now i dont give a dam ragnarok is a good map always has been and always will i’d rather have a decent map and a decent game then maps that are not good for slayer and so on.

343I is destroying halo period.

I like H4 so I think 343i is doing fine, I just would like to play on more then two maps. I like all the maps. Just wish I could play them but its hard when everyone votes for Ragnarok…

This would not happen with a veto system!

It is impossible for a bad map to ruin a good game but its is possible for a bad game to ruin a good map.

Well, it’s actually the community of players fault for constantly voting for it. 343 or Ragnarok itself don’t force people to vote for it, so don’t blame anything but the players.

> This would not happen with a veto system!

Explain that one to me.

It’s the best map we have because the others are meh, so people vote for it. Most people must like it or it wouldn’t win the vote time and time again. Fault the voting system. They could have just thrown up a map and forced people to play it but then people would likely quit and leave the game and, well, try to get in Ragnarok.

> > This would not happen with a veto system!
>
> Explain that one to me.

A veto system chooses a random map and you either keep it or veto it.
You have to decide if you really don’t want to play it becuase the next map will be random and there will not be a 2nd veto option. Have you ever played halo 3? It has a veto system. This ensure all maps get played ABOUT evenly becuase it is a random pick.

I seriously can’t believe i just had to explain the veto system, I should have just insulted you… But im a nice guy.

> Amen. Here is how all of my BTB Ragnarok games are played.
>
> Two people from each team dash towards the Spartan Laser at the top while both banshees fly to kill said dashers to avoid getting splased.
>
> Spartan with active camo grabs the sniper and either camps Pelican or their base in hopes of headshotting anyone stupid enough to push forward.
>
> The rest is a bunch of other spartans with DMR’s hiding behind rocks, poking their heads out every 5 seconds or so to get a few shots in, and then using shield regen if their shield ever gets dropped.
>
> Oh and don’t bother getting in the warthog. It will get stuck before you can even get a kill.

Spot on. Camo shouldn’t even be an AA, and the DMR needs a nerf.

I think i would prefer a system where the map selection was just straight up random, no voting. At least that way you would get a good mix.