Ragnarok is a terrible map

I really don’t like how this map plays. It is nothing like Valhalla. I will admit that I just came from two losing matches on this map, thanks to the absolutely terrible JiP system 343 has implemented, but I digress.

Still, this map is nothing but DMR/Sniper camping with primary focus on the Banshee and the Mantis. It just isn’t very fun to play.

Again, most of my matches on this map have been corrupted by the terrible JiP system, so maybe I haven’t had the opportunity to play it properly.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion. This is mine.

What is yours?

I have found the map very entertaining so long as you’re not doing KotH. But maybe that’s just me.

It still seems like the only reason you dislike it is because you lost.
You didn’t really back it up with any support. People are always gonna haul -Yoink- for a banshee, mantis, or tank.

> I have found the map very entertaining so long as you’re not doing KotH. But maybe that’s just me.

My first few games of it were fun. But now I’ve gradually found it tiresome. Nothing but vehicle chaos and DMR camping.

It’s not just you. Im sure most people enjoy this map :slight_smile:

The fact that it doesn’t have a scorpion makes it infinitely better than the Blood Gulch clones.

your saying a map is bad because of a supposedly bad JiP system…don’t bother making posts like this until you’ve played the map enough times to give it a fair review. Wait until you play a couple of full matches.

> It still seems like the only reason you dislike it is because you lost.
> You didn’t really back it up with any support. People are always gonna haul -Yoink!- for a banshee, mantis, or tank.

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. I’ll admit, the JiP system is a factor (not losing). What I mean by JiP system, is that 9/10 of my games on Ragnarok have been between unbalanced teams.

I also don’t like it because there is now a huge focus on vehicle gameplay, which is not what the original Valhalla was about. This map is now more chaotic, with movement being restricted by Banshee and Mantis movement. I think just a Warthog and Ghost would be best.

Also, due to the ability to start of with 4 types of Precision Rifle. Players have mostly resorted to camping. The game effectively turns into stationary DMR fights. No real flow of movement, unless you’re in a vehicle.

The Ordnance system, combined with the JiP creating unbalanced teams, creates a snowball effect for the dominating team. They get more kills, get more power weapons, which gives them more kills and more power weapons. It’s just an endless cycle.

A huge problem is the JiP system, I admit that, yes. Losing is just a by product, which doesn’t bother me.

Weapons spawning was what made maps work so well in Halo 3,2,and 1, with out weapons placed on the map it really messes up halo 4’s game play.

> It still seems like the only reason you dislike it is because you lost.
> You didn’t really back it up with any support. People are always gonna haul -Yoink!- for a banshee, mantis, or tank.

This. Valhalla has always played like this. People held the middle and the enemy team camped there spawn because they can’t break free. If you have never had a game like this then you sir, are a very lucky person.

That map design has always suffered the same problem, which is that if you’re on the winning team and control the centre well enough, whoever is on the other team is going to get frustrated running at a brick wall. This means it is fun if you’re winning and forces rage quits when you’re losing.

If anything, the weapon drop system has attempted to alleviate this, but it’s still not perfect. Blood Gulch was a little wider and made flanking a bit easier, but Valhalla and now Ragnarok games always went the same way.

shrug

I was in that match with you. Your team was ungodly terrible, and camped the low-hill with snipers the entire match. Your Mantis driver had no idea what to do and walked right into a wall at least 5 times, and ended up dying by a sniper bullet. Please, stop complaining.

At least this time around there is the chance of an ordinance drop or a Mantis spawning or something that can turn the tide. My experience of this map reminds me of Valhalla in H3 but less frustrating, which is a good thing.

The Blue Team side is still the best place to spawn like it was in Halo 3.

> > I have found the map very entertaining so long as you’re not doing KotH. But maybe that’s just me.
>
> My first few games of it were fun. But now I’ve gradually found it tiresome. Nothing but vehicle chaos and DMR camping.
>
> It’s not just you. Im sure most people enjoy this map :slight_smile:

It also seems to be what gets voted for EVERYTIME if it pops up. In my experience anyways.

> I was in that match with you. Your team was ungodly terrible, and camped the low-hill with snipers the entire match. Your Mantis driver had no idea what to do and walked right into a wall at least 5 times, and ended up dying by a sniper bullet. Please, stop complaining.

Just checked my history and you don’t seem to be in any of my games. Don’t know why you’d feel the need to lie.

Are the thread titles getting more ridiculous? Would something have been wrong with “I’m having serious issues with Ragnarok”, or “I think Ragnarok needs some work.”?

Anyway, I think It’s a good map, I just seems like the spawning is -Yoinked!-. I’ve been Spawn Sniped repeatedly, spawned in front of an angry Mantis, been spawn splattered by the Banshee, ect. It gets old, especially when everyone seems to vote for it.

Also, the team that spawns at the coast-side base can just zoom in and wait for the other team to crest the hill, come around the sides, ect, which is something that I perceive as a balance issue. I wouldn’t argue against a change in the topography.