Ragers, HILARIOUS!!!

I love how people rage about this game so much. I mean, I never played Halo 1. i started with Halo two but at the time, I couldnt play online with it, but the franchise itself has evolved into a game that has changed gaming forever. How many knows that Halo was the very first step into advanced dual-analog gaming?? This game has changed gaming in so many ways that no matter how many people love it, or hate it, it will always be one of the number one online gameplay games around. Think about it, there are thousands that still play Halo 3 online multiplayer, not to mention the hundreds of thousands playing Reach multiplayer, and now with 4 coming out, there will be a race to get this game. The Halo world will always be immense just due to the fact that it is one of, if not the best, online gaming matchmaker expirences there ever will be. In my opinion, Reach is a great game. It was a great entry along with the franchise and I believe that 343i is going nowhere but up with the halo Universe.

Agreed, people need to stop the bashing. There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.

I even got a competitive player to admit that he thinks that ZBNS Reach is better than Halo 3 ever was.

> Agreed, people need to stop the bashing. There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.
>
> I even got a competitive player to admit that he thinks that ZBNS Reach is better than Halo 3 ever was.

That’s not surprising at all. Go on the MLG forum and pretty much everyone will tell you that.

> > Agreed, people need to stop the bashing. There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.
> >
> > I even got a competitive player to admit that he thinks that ZBNS Reach is better than Halo 3 ever was.
>
> That’s not surprising at all. Go on the MLG forum and pretty much everyone will tell you that.

I know. It surprised the hell out of me though. As soon as I get Halo 4, I’ll check the forums for ragers just for the sake of a good laugh :wink:

> Agreed, people need to stop the bashing. There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.
>
> I even got a competitive player to admit that he thinks that ZBNS Reach is better than Halo 3 ever was.

This is true. ZBNS would rival Halo 2 if it wasn’t for the strafe acceleration and the fact that Halo 2 had the best maps in the series.

> There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.

MLG has proven that people aren’t interested in maps that largely consist of shades of grey.

The credit system in Reach destroyed the custom scene because everyone would rather play matchmaking for more credits.

People that left the game aren’t going to come back for boring, grey maps at the end of the day when they don’t even know they’ve been added.

>

I here it from booth sides. MLG is still pretty intense now. It plays with the competitive balance and it is fun Win or lose.

I know what you mean about the grey maps, especially in MLG. As I dont play MLG much, just every blue moon or so, all the maps are just that…grey. But, as far as the multiplayer maps go, I feel that most of them are pretty good. And I mean that for ones like Asylum, Razu, Asphalt, Hemorage…ones like that, but the MLG maps are deffinately “underthought” but that still doesnt take away from how great the game in general is. JUst because one ride in the park is “suckish” (for a lack of better terms) doesnt mean the entire park is.

zbns/mlg >> halo 3 ever was gameplay-wise. but overall halo 3 is a better long-lasting game in my opinion… probably because reach has no ranked matchmaking (arena is a joke loll) and like 2-3 good maps that aren’t remakes or specifically made for btb. also the playlists aren’t updated well enough, i mean there are 0 custom maps in zombies and 1 gametype… i don’t see how that playlist holds as many players as it does

the only playlists i can have fun in any more are mlg, classic and grifball unless i’m playing with friends for whatever, every other playlist is either jam-packed with noobs or has crappy settings, which reminds me the ‘true skill’ system in this game is garbageeee

> > Agreed, people need to stop the bashing. There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.
> >
> > I even got a competitive player to admit that he thinks that ZBNS Reach is better than Halo 3 ever was.
>
> I here it from booth sides. MLG is still pretty intense now. It plays with the competitive balance and it is fun Win or lose.

Agreed. But its so bland. The maps, honestly, are stale now.

What they should be doing, is looking for forge maps done by the forge community, that are balanced and well layed out. That way, those forge maps go to use, and they dont have so many over used maps.

Hell, i’ve got three i would submit (okay two and one under construction). That way they arent so bland all the time. Sactuary (reach) is boring, its all grey. Same with the pit. Even countdown is boring when you look at it.

they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll

> they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll

Its grey and human… Take a look at halo 3’s orbital. That map was human and was about four times as interesting to look at as countdown.

Dont get me wrong, countdowns an OK map, but there are many better.

> > they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll
>
> Its grey and human… Take a look at halo 3’s orbital. That map was human and was about four times as interesting to look at as countdown.
>
> Dont get me wrong, countdowns an OK map, but there are many better.

lol orbital may be interesting to look at, but it’s easily one of the worst maps gameplay-wise in any halo game… i’ll take counts decent gameplay over orbitals looks any day.

> > > they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll
> >
> > Its grey and human… Take a look at halo 3’s orbital. That map was human and was about four times as interesting to look at as countdown.
> >
> > Dont get me wrong, countdowns an OK map, but there are many better.
>
> lol orbital may be interesting to look at, but it’s easily one of the worst maps gameplay-wise in any halo game… i’ll take counts decent gameplay over orbitals looks any day.

Granted. i simply mean to say that halo reachs maps are very dull to look at. Whereas most maps in previous games were more interesting.

Take a look at Blackout (even though lockout was better), it was a great map. It was fun to play on and it was interesting to look at. It even had relatively the same theme as Countdown, and was simply not as grey. Thats what i didnt like about reachs maps, they were too grey.

> > > > they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll
> > >
> > > Its grey and human… Take a look at halo 3’s orbital. That map was human and was about four times as interesting to look at as countdown.
> > >
> > > Dont get me wrong, countdowns an OK map, but there are many better.
> >
> > lol orbital may be interesting to look at, but it’s easily one of the worst maps gameplay-wise in any halo game… i’ll take counts decent gameplay over orbitals looks any day.
>
> Granted. i simply mean to say that halo reachs maps are very dull to look at. Whereas most maps in previous games were more interesting.
>
> Take a look at Blackout (even though lockout was better), it was a great map. It was fun to play on and it was interesting to look at. It even had relatively the same theme as Countdown, and was simply not as grey. Thats what i didnt like about reachs maps, they were too grey.

o lol, well i’m certainly not gonna argue with that… obviously halos 1-3 had MUCH better maps aesthetically and competitively than halo reach, but i don’t think maps of good design should be subbed for maps that are just pretty.

> > > > > they keep the maps as simple as possible to avoid frame drops, it’s not ideal but it’s better than playing on a laggy map or something like boardwalk… also how is countdown boring?? it has color, nice aesthetics and a freakin sabre space ship thing loll
> > > >
> > > > Its grey and human… Take a look at halo 3’s orbital. That map was human and was about four times as interesting to look at as countdown.
> > > >
> > > > Dont get me wrong, countdowns an OK map, but there are many better.
> > >
> > > lol orbital may be interesting to look at, but it’s easily one of the worst maps gameplay-wise in any halo game… i’ll take counts decent gameplay over orbitals looks any day.
> >
> > Granted. i simply mean to say that halo reachs maps are very dull to look at. Whereas most maps in previous games were more interesting.
> >
> > Take a look at Blackout (even though lockout was better), it was a great map. It was fun to play on and it was interesting to look at. It even had relatively the same theme as Countdown, and was simply not as grey. Thats what i didnt like about reachs maps, they were too grey.
>
> o lol, well i’m certainly not gonna argue with that… obviously halos 1-3 had MUCH better maps aesthetically and competitively than halo reach, but i don’t think maps of good design should be subbed for maps that are just pretty.

That i agree with, hence Lockout>Blackout even though they are practically the same map… And Bloodgulch>Hemmorhage… and pretty much any original> any remake… Save for breakpoint, that may be the one really good remake…

blackout and lockout actually play totally different, blackout screwed with the geometry messing up important LOS, took out all the jumps and added a horrible spawn system… there’s a reason why blackout was never used in halo 3 mlg

> > There are a lot of community maps and community gametypes that will help bring people online and out of customs. I’d love to see more GB playlists, those definitely bring people online.
>
> MLG has proven that people aren’t interested in maps that largely consist of shades of grey.
>
> How you can compare the fast-paced competition of MLG with Reach CUSTOM GAMES is beyond me. For some minigames, people care more about what they’re doing in an FPS than the color of the map.
>
> The credit system in Reach destroyed the custom scene because everyone would rather play matchmaking for more credits.
>
> Wrong again, the extensive overhaul of forge and the custom game engine brings a lot more minigames into possibility. There is almost always a custom lobby around for me. Also, if people don’t have access to larger parties to play customs with, then they’ll be attracted to MM, where this time they might be able to play the same games in it.
>
> People that left the game aren’t going to come back for boring, grey maps at the end of the day when they don’t even know they’ve been added.
>
> I am referring to the things that might have been in Halo 3’s Action Sack or are similar to them. The players that left Reach were all more competitive players, players who wouldn’t care for Action Sack to much. See above about map color.