Ragdoll Physics

The ragdoll physics in my opinion, need some editing. As soon as you get the kill shot, the players just get pushed back and immediately go floppy. I think they need to improve it so killing an enemy or being killed appears more realistic.

I think they should be turned up to 11 and players should go flying through the air.

> 2533274795233660;2:
> I think they should be turned up to 11 and players should go flying through the air.

That is easily one of the best things to see happen in halo.

Bring back the H3 “melee and watch guy go flying” physics.

> 2533274805497312;4:
> Bring back the H3 “melee and watch guy go flying” physics.

^This

> 2533274805497312;4:
> Bring back the H3 “melee and watch guy go flying” physics.

Someone has a good host :slight_smile:

Ragdoll physics are fun.

> 2533274795233660;2:
> I think they should be turned up to 11 and players should go flying through the air.

Gave me a good laugh. Nice one.

All I want is the Mario death scream from the Halo 3 Beta to make its triumphant return.

> 2533274797365923;1:
> The ragdoll physics in my opinion, need some editing. As soon as you get the kill shot, the players just get pushed back and immediately go floppy. I think they need to improve it so killing an enemy or being killed appears more realistic.

Why does it matter? I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Why would it matter if they act exactly like dead people anyway? You realize they normally tense up and fall over, right? Some muscles tighten, some loosen, it’s all dependant upon the person. Have you actually SEEN someone get killed? What if the spartans just flop around because… not many people stare at the dead guy when they kill him, unless it’s to -Yoink!- them. Just play the game. Ugh.

This is my only arguement against this realistic ragdoll talk

I use to love the old Halo 3 physics. I don’t believe that Halo’s ragdolls need to be more realistic, I mean look at the -Yoinking!- game you’re playing.

> 2533274938678576;10:
> > 2533274797365923;1:
> > The ragdoll physics in my opinion, need some editing. As soon as you get the kill shot, the players just get pushed back and immediately go floppy. I think they need to improve it so killing an enemy or being killed appears more realistic.
>
>
> Why does it matter? I don’t understand the reasoning behind this. Why would it matter if they act exactly like dead people anyway? You realize they normally tense up and fall over, right? Some muscles tighten, some loosen, it’s all dependant upon the person. Have you actually SEEN someone get killed? What if the spartans just flop around because… not many people stare at the dead guy when they kill him, unless it’s to -Yoink!- them. Just play the game. Ugh.

after hearing everyone’s arguments, I agree, not made more realistic. But I still think they should be a little more flattering to see either A: fly through the air and smack into a wall or B: get knocked beck, and fall in a manner more similar to a body giving way, and not an entity all of a sudden replaced by a ragdoll.

So… like every Halo game. They still have death animations, too.

There should be an option like in cube 2 where you can make it so that when you kill someone you can determine how much impact it will have, but other people will just see it normally. They can go from flopping over, to flying through the air all over the map depending on which setting you set it to.

> 2533274795233660;2:

Good idea you have my like

> 2533274883108544;16:
> > 2533274795233660;2:
> > I think they should be turned up to 11 and players should go flying through the air.
>
>
> Good idea you have my like

> 2535448839142971;8:
> > 2533274795233660;2:
> > I think they should be turned up to 11 and players should go flying through the air.
>
>
> Gave me a good laugh. Nice one.

Thanks!

I know video games are all serious most of the time, but there is something about having a wonky or accelerated physics system that makes me laugh! haha