RAGDOLL PHYSICS SUCK

Why would 343 get rid of the perfect ragdoll physics from Halo 5?

You can hit people with the gravity hammar and literally nothing happens.

All the lame death animations from Halo 4 are back.

Why do devs honestly keep going back to death animations again and again so many years after ragdoll physics became a thing? The physics were so awesome and they made every death feel unique in Halo 5.

It’s such a shame because it makes the shooting feel so unsatisfying and the game feels dated because of it.

If I shoot someone dead with an assault rifle in the chest they should probably just kinda go limp and fall backwards naturally upon dying. But instead i shoot them in the chest and am treated to a death animation where they grab their and then fall to the ground.

I didn’t shoot him in the leg why the hell is he grabbing his leg!! Oh right… canned death animations.

uh you forgetting how sometimes smacking them dead sends them flying to the other side of the map

> 2533274801884952;2:
> uh you forgetting how sometimes smacking them dead sends them flying to the other side of the map

Yeah but why do ragdolls only work for melee?

In Halo 5 ragdolls activated for everything. Shooting, melee, grav hammar. THey always worked.

In Halo Inf they only work for melee and even then… sometimes they do go flying other times they just drop right on the spot. It’s pretty disappointing overall.

> 2533274963763941;3:
> > 2533274801884952;2:
> > uh you forgetting how sometimes smacking them dead sends them flying to the other side of the map
>
> Yeah but why do ragdolls only work for melee?
>
> In Halo 5 ragdolls activated for everything. Shooting, melee, grav hammar. THey always worked.
>
> In Halo Inf they only work for melee and even then… sometimes they do go flying other times they just drop right on the spot. It’s pretty disappointing overall.

because it’s a 2-month old build. Send in feedback and they’ll adjust it if we all speak up about this. This is why we flight.

> 2533274937939153;4:
> > 2533274963763941;3:
> > > 2533274801884952;2:
> > > uh you forgetting how sometimes smacking them dead sends them flying to the other side of the map
> >
> > Yeah but why do ragdolls only work for melee?
> >
> > In Halo 5 ragdolls activated for everything. Shooting, melee, grav hammar. THey always worked.
> >
> > In Halo Inf they only work for melee and even then… sometimes they do go flying other times they just drop right on the spot. It’s pretty disappointing overall.
>
> because it’s a 2-month old build. Send in feedback and they’ll adjust it if we all speak up about this. This is why we flight.

I added it as feedback in the “PC Specific Feedback” board.

Is there a better place I should be submitting feedback to?

> 2533274963763941;5:
> > 2533274937939153;4:
> > > 2533274963763941;3:
> > > > 2533274801884952;2:
> > > > uh you forgetting how sometimes smacking them dead sends them flying to the other side of the map
> > >
> > > Yeah but why do ragdolls only work for melee?
> > >
> > > In Halo 5 ragdolls activated for everything. Shooting, melee, grav hammar. THey always worked.
> > >
> > > In Halo Inf they only work for melee and even then… sometimes they do go flying other times they just drop right on the spot. It’s pretty disappointing overall.
> >
> > because it’s a 2-month old build. Send in feedback and they’ll adjust it if we all speak up about this. This is why we flight.
>
> I added it as feedback in the “PC Specific Feedback” board.
>
> Is there a better place I should be submitting feedback to?

I feel like bot slayer feedback board would do better since this isn’t PC exclusive, but we are taking surveys on the 2nd, so that’d be where you had the most power. I have my own list of errors and personal opinions I gathered together so far that I’ll be talking about in the surveys, so I recommend making one for yourself to organize your feedback.

When I punch someone to death they go flying across the room at mach 10 into another wall sometimes.

Halo 3 ragdoll was unmatched. In H5 it just seemed like your spartan was a feather. In 3 there was weight.