Ragdoll Effect

Another critique for the day.

This just came up when my wife was watching me play, last night. When I died, my Spartan tossed about the ground like a stuffed animal and fell into a weird bendy position that you commonly see. My wife chimed in with “I think it looks stupid that these heavy Spartans are falling on the ground like a bunch of wet noodles.”

True! The ragdolls effect is a bit aged. A Spartan weighs over 1000lbs(their suits weight up to 900lb, alone), so I would think there’d be a bit more clunk and heaviness to their fall. Kind of like a Mech or battle suits in other games. I hadn’t realized, but the ragdoll effect has not changed in Halo, since the invention of the concept of “ragdoll effects,” at the early turn of the millennium. In Halo 4, I appreciated that when you landed on a surface from high above, your Spartan would thud on the ground. This sounded bad--Yoink!-, and would also how I would imagine the sound of a Spartan hiding the ground. Instead, they sound like the classic, plastic Storm Troopers smacking and rolling on the ground in Star Wars lol

> 2533274792195095;1:
> Another critique for the day.
>
> This just came up when my wife was watching me play, last night. When I died, my Spartan tossed about the ground like a stuffed animal and fell into a weird bendy position that you commonly see. My wife chimed in with “I think it looks stupid that these heavy Spartans are falling on the ground like a bunch of wet noodles.”
>
> True! The ragdolls effect is a bit aged. A Spartan weighs over 1000lbs(their suits weight up to 900lb, alone), so I would think there’d be a bit more clunk and heaviness to their fall. Kind of like a Mech or battle suits in other games. I hadn’t realized, but the ragdoll effect has not changed in Halo, since the invention of the concept of “ragdoll effects,” at the early turn of the millennium. In Halo 4, I appreciated that when you landed on a surface from high above, your Spartan would thud on the ground. This sounded bad--Yoink!-, and would also how I would imagine the sound of a Spartan hiding the ground. Instead, they sound like the classic, plastic Storm Troopers smacking and rolling on the ground in Star Wars lol

I find the ragdoll funny, and i don’t see why it should be changed. Also, Arena/Warzone is a Simulation.

> 2533275043403677;2:
> > 2533274792195095;1:
> > Another critique for the day.
> >
> > This just came up when my wife was watching me play, last night. When I died, my Spartan tossed about the ground like a stuffed animal and fell into a weird bendy position that you commonly see. My wife chimed in with “I think it looks stupid that these heavy Spartans are falling on the ground like a bunch of wet noodles.”
> >
> > True! The ragdolls effect is a bit aged. A Spartan weighs over 1000lbs(their suits weight up to 900lb, alone), so I would think there’d be a bit more clunk and heaviness to their fall. Kind of like a Mech or battle suits in other games. I hadn’t realized, but the ragdoll effect has not changed in Halo, since the invention of the concept of “ragdoll effects,” at the early turn of the millennium. In Halo 4, I appreciated that when you landed on a surface from high above, your Spartan would thud on the ground. This sounded bad--Yoink!-, and would also how I would imagine the sound of a Spartan hiding the ground. Instead, they sound like the classic, plastic Storm Troopers smacking and rolling on the ground in Star Wars lol
>
> I find the ragdoll funny, and i don’t see why it should be changed. Also, Arena/Warzone is a Simulation.
>
>
> Point being, it should look cool when dying, not funny LOL This isn’t Pain from PS3 lol. Now that is a good application for some fun, bendy deaths.

> 2533274792195095;3:
> > 2533275043403677;2:
> > > 2533274792195095;1:
> > > Another critique for the day.
> > >
> > > This just came up when my wife was watching me play, last night. When I died, my Spartan tossed about the ground like a stuffed animal and fell into a weird bendy position that you commonly see. My wife chimed in with “I think it looks stupid that these heavy Spartans are falling on the ground like a bunch of wet noodles.”
> > >
> > > True! The ragdolls effect is a bit aged. A Spartan weighs over 1000lbs(their suits weight up to 900lb, alone), so I would think there’d be a bit more clunk and heaviness to their fall. Kind of like a Mech or battle suits in other games. I hadn’t realized, but the ragdoll effect has not changed in Halo, since the invention of the concept of “ragdoll effects,” at the early turn of the millennium. In Halo 4, I appreciated that when you landed on a surface from high above, your Spartan would thud on the ground. This sounded bad--Yoink!-, and would also how I would imagine the sound of a Spartan hiding the ground. Instead, they sound like the classic, plastic Storm Troopers smacking and rolling on the ground in Star Wars lol
> >
> >
> > I find the ragdoll funny, and i don’t see why it should be changed. Also, Arena/Warzone is a Simulation.
> >
> > Point being, it should look cool when dying, not funny LOL This isn’t Pain from PS3 lol. Now that is a good application for some fun, bendy deaths.

I’m not sure how long you’ve played Halo, but jic, Halo used to be purposely cheesy quite often. Over the years it’s been taking itself more and more seriously…which sucks IMO. I like the rag doll effect. I don’t see any good reason to change it, but since everything else has changed, might as well. I mean, why the hell not at this point, right?