Radical overhaul of gameplay idea.....

Ok, this was originally meant as a post in a forum, but it was suggested to make this a new topic, so here it is…

I have always wanted to post in a forum like this, heres my take on things.

I say overhaul the play style of the game to make it more tactically practical, such as wall hugging, climbing, crawling, hanging off things, and what ever else you can think of, kind of like taking splinter cell, rainbow 6, and others mix mashing them all together and putting a huge halo twist on it.

Im not saying make the game just like those games, im saying take inspiration from those and build it into the mind set of being a powerful spartan in high tech armor. Having real doors that open and close, being able to set traps on the doors, either explosives or smock/flash bang, type traps. Having advanced optics available, such as optics for seeing in the dark, optics for seeing heat or electrical signatures (traps and other things) and what ever gear you can think of that a state of the art super soldier would be expected to use.

And my favorite idea, make sprint/evade standard, but overhaul it operates in what ever you are doing, and have a stamina bank that you draw from as you use it, which is limited so you have to be smart about how you use it. An example is if you are running it makes you run faster, if your jumping, you can jump higher/farther, if your running and jumping, you can have a mixed bag of running jumping, jumping running, depending how fast your running at the time. As well as melee, if you are using your stamina while melee it is that much more powerful, on offense as well as defense, so you can cancel each other out or grapple onto each other and get into a wrestling match with combat knives. If you dont like people sprinting up to you to punch you in the face like a -Yoink-, use your stamina to jump up really high and grab a hold of the ceiling and shoot down on them as they run around below. All the limitless possibilities you could have with active stamina abilities is an amazing thought, especially if you allow people to have an armor ability as well as advanced stamina.

And what about breakable objects in the environment? if most walls and cover were breakable, then you could do all kinds of things that you would have never thought about doing before. Think of fighting in an office building, cubicles everywhere, and spartans plowing through them with stamina sprint or explosives, think about being able to pick objects up and throwing them at people, or using them as shields to deflect bullets, all the things you would expect to see in a fight between super soldiers.

I have read almost all the books, when I see the way the spartans were trained, and the way they operate, there is so much more to the spartans than what we have seen in matchmaking, I think halo would be that much better if it were more true to the story, the spartans were the best soldiers ever trained, they had all the training they could use, access to all kinds of equipment and support for the mission at hand, these are the elite of the elite, and they have everything to show for it.

If these things were to be added in, it would make “skill” a more realistic thing, being about to shoot straight is nice, being able to land each hit just right is good, but being able to pull crazy -Yoink- left and right to the point where people have no idea what your going to pull next, thats skill, being able to out shoot, out maneuver, and out think your enemy, thats the very essence of skill, expecting anything else is just silly…

I would like to start a poll for this idea, I just dont know how…

Seriously, no one has anything to say about this?

You might want to make a TL;DR buddeh.

Sounds cool.

im not saying its a bad idea but too big of a rsik and to far in development

I like some of these ideas. good job !

> Ok, this was originally meant as a post in a forum, but it was suggested to make this a new topic, so here it is…
>
>
>
>
>
> I have always wanted to post in a forum like this, heres my take on things.
>
> I say overhaul the play style of the game to make it more tactically practical, such as wall hugging, climbing, crawling, hanging off things, and what ever else you can think of, kind of like taking splinter cell, rainbow 6, and others mix mashing them all together and putting a huge halo twist on it.
>
> Im not saying make the game just like those games, im saying take inspiration from those and build it into the mind set of being a powerful spartan in high tech armor. Having real doors that open and close, being able to set traps on the doors, either explosives or smock/flash bang, type traps. Having advanced optics available, such as optics for seeing in the dark, optics for seeing heat or electrical signatures (traps and other things) and what ever gear you can think of that a state of the art super soldier would be expected to use.
>
> And my favorite idea, make sprint/evade standard, but overhaul it operates in what ever you are doing, and have a stamina bank that you draw from as you use it, which is limited so you have to be smart about how you use it. An example is if you are running it makes you run faster, if your jumping, you can jump higher/farther, if your running and jumping, you can have a mixed bag of running jumping, jumping running, depending how fast your running at the time. As well as melee, if you are using your stamina while melee it is that much more powerful, on offense as well as defense, so you can cancel each other out or grapple onto each other and get into a wrestling match with combat knives. If you dont like people sprinting up to you to punch you in the face like a Yoink!, use your stamina to jump up really high and grab a hold of the ceiling and shoot down on them as they run around below. All the limitless possibilities you could have with active stamina abilities is an amazing thought, especially if you allow people to have an armor ability as well as advanced stamina.
>
> And what about breakable objects in the environment? if most walls and cover were breakable, then you could do all kinds of things that you would have never thought about doing before. Think of fighting in an office building, cubicles everywhere, and spartans plowing through them with stamina sprint or explosives, think about being able to pick objects up and throwing them at people, or using them as shields to deflect bullets, all the things you would expect to see in a fight between super soldiers.
>
> I have read almost all the books, when I see the way the spartans were trained, and the way they operate, there is so much more to the spartans than what we have seen in matchmaking, I think halo would be that much better if it were more true to the story, the spartans were the best soldiers ever trained, they had all the training they could use, access to all kinds of equipment and support for the mission at hand, these are the elite of the elite, and they have everything to show for it.
>
> If these things were to be added in, it would make “skill” a more realistic thing, being about to shoot straight is nice, being able to land each hit just right is good, but being able to pull crazy Yoink! left and right to the point where people have no idea what your going to pull next, thats skill, being able to out shoot, out maneuver, and out think your enemy, thats the very essence of skill, expecting anything else is just silly…

May as well make it a turn based RPG instead and call it Halo 4 too? It would be “Great” -_- With Reach all they added were armour abilities and people went crazy and millions of people stopped playing. How do you think they’ll react to such radical changes?

A bit out there but I actually really like your idea. Basically we would be much more interactive with the environment in a way that suits Halo but at the same time looks almost like another game. Obviously this would not be could to over hall the entire game with but having its own playlist and maybe somehow a mode for it to be in campaign as a secondary option would be awesome. Its probably to far in to Halo4’s development if 343 hasn’t already done something like this to put it in now, but hopefully they think about it for Halo5. But doing something like this would probably be hard as hell to get right as well.

thats a pretty good idea.

[/quote]
May as well make it a turn based RPG instead and call it Halo 4 too? It would be “Great” -_- With Reach all they added were armour abilities and people went crazy and millions of people stopped playing. How do you think they’ll react to such radical changes?
[/quote]
Frankly, I dont think I really care what people think, the vast majority of people cry and complain about every damn thing, whither its good or bad, they all complain. Everyone is lazy, they all want everything to be easy, they want to be comfortable, they hate the idea of a real challenge.

When I play with people who are honestly better than me, not just -Yoink!- some power weapon and camping in the corner next to the power weapon spawn, but actually better than me, I get off on the challenge. I fight tooth and nail to fight the way to beat them, I love the conflict, I feel like a spartan alot of the time, if you read “fall of reach” at the later end of there training Halsey and Mendez were talking about how they operate, and how the greater the challenge, the better there morale becomes, I share that mindset.

Even when the game is good, and there are no severe problems worthy to mention, people still complain, they still want things they dont know how to deal with removed so they can justify not learning and becoming better.

I say let them all quit, if they dont like it, oh well, less complaining for the rest of us to have to listen to, I was happy when I was standing in line outside gamestop waiting for the game release and hearing that all the MLG noobs didnt want to get Reach, that means less -Yoink- holes in my life to yell at me about how bad I am when I only lost because I didnt get the rockets first…

People like that dont deserve to play with the rest of us, to hell with them, let they yell at each other, and not at us…

what about making your own company and your own game and dont call it halo?

dont want to be an -Yoink- but as you already said its a drastical change in gameplay and thats exactly the opposite of what 343 wants to do

other than the guy who just posted above me, i think this is a great idea, the spartan feels too stiff and cant do things a normal human can.

These ideas sound good, but Halo is an arena shooter. You should consider getting into Crysis and Crysis 2, they are perfect for what you want.

My only problem is that halo is designed to be SIMPLE and backflips, wallclimbing, being able grasp ledges as falling, and other stunts have the chance of turning halo into assassins creed with guns. And for such a radical change I don’t feel that overhauling the system with a company with low experience is a good idea

> what about making your own company and your own game and dont call it halo?
>
> dont want to be an -Yoink!- but as you already said its a drastical change in gameplay and thats exactly the opposite of what 343 wants to do

How about you write a paper about that and have it peer reviewed by the scientific community…

Seriously, dont tell me to start my own company, this concept has been here from the beginning, go read the books…

> These ideas sound good, but Halo is an arena shooter. You should consider getting into Crysis and Crysis 2, they are perfect for what you want.

No, what I want is halo, not just another watered down COD reject, the way things have been have only been that way because the technology didnt exist to make it better.

The technology is now here to have armor abilities, to have advanced psychics, and gameplay more true to the halo series, im basing this completely on the halo universe, when you read the books and see the way the spartans are, they are totally different from what you see in match making, they use advanced equipment, they use advanced tactics, they can do all kinds of crazy things!

Just read the prologue of the “the fall of reach” at the very start of the book, its a short chapter before the book starts that has an intense battle filled with the kind of stuff im talking about.

In short, they jump silently up a three meter wall and land without effort, they spread out and setup a kill zone for this whole division of covenant infantry, hit them before they even know there under attack, destroying the vital targets, then run like hell while hosing down hundreds of grunts with different types of ammo, then tangling off a cliff face while leading the massive grunt charge into a mine field with make shift cannons at the end of it…

Thats just one example of crazy tactics they use in the field all the time, if they were to go up against the best players in the world, they would kick there -Yoinks!- without contest…

Thats the kind of thing im looking for…

> My only problem is that halo is designed to be SIMPLE and backflips, wallclimbing, being able grasp ledges as falling, and other stunts have the chance of turning halo into assassins creed with guns. And for such a radical change I don’t feel that overhauling the system with a company with low experience is a good idea

I havent played Assassins Creed, so I dont know alot about it, I have only seen so many things about it…

I dont want to make it like Assassins Creed persay, I just want to make it better. Heres my stance on things, I feel that the game is far to limited, there simply isnt enough options in the game to make it a true game of skill, when I saw how much the armor abilities changed the game and made everything so much more versatile, I loved it so much.

I feel that the right concept for halo has come to life, the way spartans were trained tactics are everything, to be smarter and better than your enemy, I believe its much closer now than it has ever been to what halo is supposed to be.

Im the kind of person who likes to be radical, I see what gives the game fulfillment, and I want to push it all the way until there is no where else to go…

I may be ahead of what is practical, but its much more true to how the universe looks as a whole…

> > My only problem is that halo is designed to be SIMPLE and backflips, wallclimbing, being able grasp ledges as falling, and other stunts have the chance of turning halo into assassins creed with guns. And for such a radical change I don’t feel that overhauling the system with a company with low experience is a good idea
>
> I havent played Assassins Creed, so I dont know alot about it, I have only seen so many things about it…
>
> I dont want to make it like Assassins Creed persay, I just want to make it better. Heres my stance on things, I feel that the game is far to limited, there simply isnt enough options in the game to make it a true game of skill, when I saw how much the armor abilities changed the game and made everything so much more versatile, I loved it so much.
>
> I feel that the right concept for halo has come to life, the way spartans were trained tactics are everything, to be smarter and better than your enemy, I believe its much closer now than it has ever been to what halo is supposed to be.
>
> Im the kind of person who likes to be radical, I see what gives the game fulfillment, and I want to push it all the way until there is no where else to go…
>
> I may be ahead of what is practical, but its much more true to how the universe looks as a whole…

I understand you want to improve the game but adding climbing and other parqour esque things won’t immediatly add skill especially to an fps, even AA are to gimmicky for halo

Absolutely not