Radar...

If I wanted no radar I would play a playlist with no radar. This forces me to camp more and I feel like I always get shot in the back and people run up behind me before I even notice and punch me in the back. Its really frustrating. I have always been good at halo. Been a level 50 at every one of them but this is just stupid. Kids who are bad can now kill me. Not because they are better than me but because I cant make calculated decisions based on my motion tracker. I am seriously considering not playing anymore. For those of you who say I rely too much on Radar I was a 50 in MLG in Halo 3. Again, I don’t mind game types with no radar. But if I pick a playlist that should have radar because I don’t have a team who communicates I would like it to be useful.

> 2533274884813481;1:
> If I wanted no radar I would play a playlist with no radar. This forces me to camp more and I feel like I always get shot in the back and people run up behind me before I even notice and punch me in the back. Its really frustrating. I have always been good at halo. Been a level 50 at every one of them but this is just stupid. Kids who are bad can now kill me. Not because they are better than me but because I cant make calculated decisions based on my motion tracker. I am seriously considering not playing anymore. For those of you who say I rely too much on Radar I was a 50 in MLG in Halo 3. Again, I don’t mind game types with no radar. But if I pick a playlist that should have radar because I don’t have a team who communicates I would like it to be useful.

First off: no. You haven’t been “a level 50 at every one of them”. I checked your stats. Besides, only 2 of the Halo Franchise games had a number associated with rank. These observations are besides my main point.
How is not having an enormous radar covering the entirety of the map forcing you to camp more? The reason I love playing without a radar in MLG was because you no longer needed to worry about someone camped in a room waiting for a red dot to run towards them. I liked the smaller radar for that reason alone. Combined with the enhanced mobility and new movement mechanics the smaller radar allows for a much freer sprit through the map. The only reason I use the radar now is when I’m in super close quarters or need to retreat. The minimized radar range has opened the game up to moving more freely and it’s angering me that people are so upset by this.

> 2533274794960117;2:
> > 2533274884813481;1:
> > If I wanted no radar I would play a playlist with no radar. This forces me to camp more and I feel like I always get shot in the back and people run up behind me before I even notice and punch me in the back. Its really frustrating. I have always been good at halo. Been a level 50 at every one of them but this is just stupid. Kids who are bad can now kill me. Not because they are better than me but because I cant make calculated decisions based on my motion tracker. I am seriously considering not playing anymore. For those of you who say I rely too much on Radar I was a 50 in MLG in Halo 3. Again, I don’t mind game types with no radar. But if I pick a playlist that should have radar because I don’t have a team who communicates I would like it to be useful.
>
>
> First off: no. You haven’t been “a level 50 at every one of them”. I checked your stats. Besides, only 2 of the Halo Franchise games had a number associated with rank. These observations are besides my main point.
> How is not having an enormous radar covering the entirety of the map forcing you to camp more? The reason I love playing without a radar in MLG was because you no longer needed to worry about someone camped in a room waiting for a red dot to run towards them. I liked the smaller radar for that reason alone. Combined with the enhanced mobility and new movement mechanics the smaller radar allows for a much freer sprit through the map. The only reason I use the radar now is when I’m in super close quarters or need to retreat. The minimized radar range has opened the game up to moving more freely and it’s angering me that people are so upset by this.

I have been check Leegion456 my old GT… I was also Onyx 1% in Halo reach… Anyways besides the point

I have been check Leegion456 my old GT… I was also Onyx 1% in Halo reach… Anyways besides the point

Touche. I’ll give you that. I could never get the hang of Reach and it always felt like a toy Halo. Or a practical joke.
But was it solely the motion tracker that got you to the top percentage in Arena?

> 2533274794960117;2:
> > 2533274884813481;1:
> >
>
>
> How is not having an enormous radar covering the entirety of the map forcing you to camp more? The reason I love playing without a radar in MLG was because you no longer needed to worry about someone camped in a room waiting for a red dot to run towards them. I liked the smaller radar for that reason alone. Combined with the enhanced mobility and new movement mechanics the smaller radar allows for a much freer sprit through the map. The only reason I use the radar now is when I’m in super close quarters or need to retreat. The minimized radar range has opened the game up to moving more freely and it’s angering me that people are so upset by this.

That’s an Interesting PoV to be honest. I agree with the fact that the current radar saves you from campers sometimes .I on the other hand feel like the radar sensor being so small gives me no chance to avoid a Spartan charge .
And no, Boosting to the sides feels like almost useless,70% of the time i’ll get hit by the damn charge no matter how fast I react.
And I do disagree with the OP saying that the current radar forces you to Camp more.

I’m simply exhausted with everyone complaining about the radar changing without taking into account just how drastically the game itself changed.

> 2533274794960117;4:
> I have been check Leegion456 my old GT… I was also Onyx 1% in Halo reach… Anyways besides the point
>
> Touche. I’ll give you that. I could never get the hang of Reach and it always felt like a toy Halo. Or a practical joke.
> But was it solely the motion tracker that got you to the top percentage in Arena?

Yes and no it helped when I was matching by myself but at a certain point you have to have good communication even if you have radar. Mainly I am super tired of guys being able to sprint punch me in the back without me knowing it. I have been hit in the back more times than any other halo. It really gets old . in Halo Reach you could not sprint lunge back smack. Reach had its own downfalls (like bloom)… I just would like to have a larger radar for when I play by myself like FFA or regular slayer. No radar is understandable. Just want them to either have it or get rid of the crappy one with 18m range. They need to make up their mind. I mostly have a problem with this in FFA. I am still onyx in FFA in Halo 5 but I think I will be done playing it soon…

> 2533274884813481;1:
> If I wanted no radar I would play a playlist with no radar. This forces me to camp more and I feel like I always get shot in the back and people run up behind me before I even notice and punch me in the back. Its really frustrating. I have always been good at halo. Been a level 50 at every one of them but this is just stupid. Kids who are bad can now kill me. Not because they are better than me but because I cant make calculated decisions based on my motion tracker. I am seriously considering not playing anymore. For those of you who say I rely too much on Radar I was a 50 in MLG in Halo 3. Again, I don’t mind game types with no radar. But if I pick a playlist that should have radar because I don’t have a team who communicates I would like it to be useful.

I should have specified camping more in FFA because I am trying to hold a good position/weapon. Not camping in Team games. I

> 2533274884813481;8:
> > 2533274884813481;1:
> > If I wanted no radar I would play a playlist with no radar. This forces me to camp more and I feel like I always get shot in the back and people run up behind me before I even notice and punch me in the back. Its really frustrating. I have always been good at halo. Been a level 50 at every one of them but this is just stupid. Kids who are bad can now kill me. Not because they are better than me but because I cant make calculated decisions based on my motion tracker. I am seriously considering not playing anymore. For those of you who say I rely too much on Radar I was a 50 in MLG in Halo 3. Again, I don’t mind game types with no radar. But if I pick a playlist that should have radar because I don’t have a team who communicates I would like it to be useful.
>
>
> I should have specified camping more in FFA because I am trying to hold a good position/weapon. Not camping in Team games. I

Then this is where I misunderstood the need for a larger span motion tracker. Even MLG FFA has the radar by default settings.
And there’s a reason for that. I haven’t played FFA in Halo 5 yet simply because I don’t think 8 people with these movement mechanics would work well on such small maps. I think I ended with a 45-46 in Halo 3’s Lone Wolves. Ancient history now.

I feel the underlining issue with the radar isn’t the range itself but the design of maps. The fact that every map is essentially CQC, coupled with the increased movement of players i.e. clamber, boost, spartan charge, having a bigger radar range would take away from gameplay. I think scaling the size of both maps and radar would fix the issue many people, myself included, have with the current radar.

I agree , it’s too small to even use the only rime I use it is to see if a enimy is on a different level that me that’s the only thing it’s big enough for

RIP Halos radar. RIP Halo.