Radar

I know people have dropped this matter but really? 18 meters? More like 18 feet. Keep it at 25 meters, or even 20, it feels useless. I don’t understand their justification for it either. “We tried 30 meters but that was too big.” It doesn’t take a beta to tell you that, look at old halo games, all 25 and it works fine. Again, not saying change it now but for future games please do, the radar has always been part of the halo skill gap and now it’s useless. And make it easier to determine their elevation, I know that there is shading and what not but it doesn’t do much.

You know on Fathom toe two big ramps that lead up to top mid? If you’re standing on one of those, and someone approaches from the smaller side ramps that are adjacent to those ramps, you won’t see them. That’s ridiculous.

100% agree. Few things I enjoy more than being Spartan charged by someone I have no chance of seeing unless they’re in front of me.

The new skill gap is based around not being able to just follow red dot and make fresh meat out of newer player’s.

> 2533274798759716;4:
> The new skill gap is based around not being able to just follow red dot and make fresh meat out of newer player’s.

New players will learn to adapt and learn to use that to their advantage. They keep the radar in competitive halo, meaning it’s so nerfed that there’s no need to take it out anymore.

I think few people use the radar. For me there is an element of darn should have been viewing my radar when I get assassinated, but that is not the fault of the radar range. I like it as is, as my 19 retribution and 208 assassination medals can attest.

> 2533274875982754;6:
> I think few people use the radar. For me there is an element of darn should have been viewing my radar when I get assassinated, but that is not the fault of the radar range. I like it as is, as my 19 retribution and 208 assassination medals can attest.

But the radar is so minuscule, and honestly doesn’t always work, that it’s hard to pay attention to it without directly looking at it. In previous games I’d just have to keep it in the corner of my eye and be able to see what was going on. Not the case with H5.

> 2533274875982754;6:
> I think few people use the radar. For me there is an element of darn should have been viewing my radar when I get assassinated, but that is not the fault of the radar range. I like it as is, as my 19 retribution and 208 assassination medals can attest.

I do. I use the Motion Tracker (Radar, lol as if.) almost constantly. It’s how I would get the drop on enemies back in the classics. It also meant that I didn’t get assassinated. Ever.

> 2684735135014023;8:
> > 2533274875982754;6:
> > I think few people use the radar. For me there is an element of darn should have been viewing my radar when I get assassinated, but that is not the fault of the radar range. I like it as is, as my 19 retribution and 208 assassination medals can attest.
>
>
> I do. I use the Motion Tracker (Radar, lol as if.) almost constantly. It’s how I would get the drop on enemies back in the classics. It also meant that I didn’t get assassinated. Ever.

Still the same for me. The radar is fine and it saves me so much.

> 2535434496323314;2:
> You know on Fathom toe two big ramps that lead up to top mid? If you’re standing on one of those, and someone approaches from the smaller side ramps that are adjacent to those ramps, you won’t see them. That’s ridiculous.

Yep I was standing ON THE RAMP and an enemy wandered up and picked up the storm rifle and didn’t show up on the motion tracker. I really do think it’s ridiculous that someone who is IN THE SAME ROOM as you won’t show up on it.

Also I def think it’s broke (or it’s purposefully designed not to show an object if it’s movement is above a threshold). Very often I won’t see anything on it and get assinated / splatterd. Ghosts seem to be the worst offender for this.

I agree it should be increased back to 25m, maybe not now but hopefully in halo 6.

It’s only really annoying when you get spartan charged out of nowhere.

> 2533274936879727;5:
> > 2533274798759716;4:
> > The new skill gap is based around not being able to just follow red dot and make fresh meat out of newer player’s.
>
>
> New players will learn to adapt and learn to use that to their advantage. They keep the radar in competitive halo, meaning it’s so nerfed that there’s no need to take it out anymore.

Did anyone welcome you to the Halo Community when you joined at the beginning of Halo 5?

> 2533274798759716;4:
> The new skill gap is based around not being able to just follow red dot and make fresh meat out of newer player’s.

But to be lucky and see someone first ? Wow

> 2533274879979815;10:
> > 2535434496323314;2:
> > You know on Fathom toe two big ramps that lead up to top mid? If you’re standing on one of those, and someone approaches from the smaller side ramps that are adjacent to those ramps, you won’t see them. That’s ridiculous.
>
>
> Yep I was standing ON THE RAMP and an enemy wandered up and picked up the storm rifle and didn’t show up on the motion tracker. I really do think it’s ridiculous that someone who is IN THE SAME ROOM as you won’t show up on it.
>
> Also I def think it’s broke (or it’s purposefully designed not to show an object if it’s movement is above a threshold). Very often I won’t see anything on it and get assinated / splatterd. Ghosts seem to be the worst offender for this.

I’m convinced that the threshold for “slow movement not showing up on radar” is almost a full walk, as I’ve witnessed players walking away from me but not being on my radar, despite someone further away than them showing up. 343i still haven’t fixed the broken radar.

And to anyone “correcting” us about “OMG it is teh moshun trakker!!!” I will report you.

The idea is that you should be more aware of your surroundings, similar to no-radar gametypes seen in previous Halo titles.

It does seem a little backwards to decrease it to 18m but introduce all these new abilities that allow people to be in your face faster.

Yeah, it needs tweaking.

It should at least be increased to 20m if they won’t increase it to 25 cause 18 just feels off imo.

the smaller radar forces you to try and communicate with your team, if you have map contorl, team shoot, and communicate you dont even need a radar really… maybe thats one major reason they shrunk the size down. to try and make this even more of a team game then before

There isn’t much skill involved in watching your radar and seeing a huge radius around you.

Now players have to actually understand how to keep track of the kill feed and time their opponents respawns while understanding the respawn system enough to be able to predict where they’ll be coming from next. The counter to this argument is what? Increase the range of the radar so that players can see their enemies coming and be able to formulate a plan of attack…that is hardly skill based gameplay.

Halo isn’t about camping one location, its about rotating around the map and holding advantageous area’s along the way. Radar is still very useful in that it lets you see enemies running above/below you and within 18 yards. Its still strong, just not as strong as it once was.