Radar

Remove the radar from Team Arena. The fact that there is even a radar in the “pro” playlist in the first place is outrageous. It completely alters the game from what made the “mlg” community in Halo 2-3 the most memorable games which people still crave more than any other Halo. The online competition has been reduced into a mockery of its former glory. With the introduction of the radar into the “pro circuit” we no longer have a community which communicates with one another. The radar tends to lead to people with mics not using them with the mentality of the radar being a substitute for communication which it is not. We also no longer have a skill gap which separates players accordingly. Instead we have a ranking system which allows weak players to grind their way into competition brackets which exceed their ability to play. The ranking system would be fixed with the reduction of the radar because the level of players reaching high onyx levels would be reduced drastically. From a fan whose been playing since H2 I know what the community of gamers want and I feel as though if Halo 6 doesn’t come through the majority of those gamers whom played Halo 3 (as the majority of H2 players have left already) for nearly a decade will cease to enjoy Halo.

> 2535409325325395;1:
> Remove the radar from Team Arena.

Does anyone else feel their IQ drop when people ask things like this as if 343 is just going to jump right on it solely for the fact that you specifically asked them to?

Being that the “radar” covers such a small area and is virtually useless I don’t feel it needs to be removed… well I kinda wish they would just get rid of it in every playlist because as I said it’s pretty much useless any ways. I actually use sound more than the craptastic motion detecter. Nine times out of ten you are dead by the time they are on your radar.

There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.

> 2535466679027911;4:
> There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.

Well you run the risk of a necropost forum rule violation so…

i like radar lol

> 2533274968707582;5:
> > 2535466679027911;4:
> > There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.
>
>
> Well you run the risk of a necropost forum rule violation so…

As in the OP read it not bring it up. haha

> 2533274873772972;2:
> > 2535409325325395;1:
> > Remove the radar from Team Arena.
>
>
> Does anyone else feel their IQ drop when people ask things like this as if 343 is just going to jump right on it solely for the fact that you specifically asked them to?

Is that how you like to downplay constructive feedback such as an improved UI, more skillful weapons balance, and quality content from DLC? If so, you clearly hate progression in a franchise.

> 2533274873772972;2:
> > 2535409325325395;1:
> > Remove the radar from Team Arena.
>
>
> Does anyone else feel their IQ drop when people ask things like this as if 343 is just going to jump right on it solely for the fact that you specifically asked them to?

> 2533274968707582;5:
> > 2535466679027911;4:
> > There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.
>
>
> Well you run the risk of a necropost forum rule violation so…

Here’s that thread, and it’s not too old that it would make it a necropost. I think it is good to encourage Waypointer’s to search for a current thread about a similar topic rather than create a whole new one.

Oh and our IQ’s didn’t drop, but we sure have had some questions regarding your knowledge about Halo and its community. Click on that thread for a little education it always helps to actually know what you’re talking about.

> 2535466679027911;7:
> > 2533274968707582;5:
> > > 2535466679027911;4:
> > > There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.
> >
> >
> > Well you run the risk of a necropost forum rule violation so…
>
>
> As in the OP read it not bring it up. haha

That’s basically saying “If it was brought up, don’t readdress the issue.” Which isn’t a good moral standpoint on this issue.
If it has a valid reasoning to be brought up again (which the OP has done by addressing his/her concerns.) then what’s wrong with trying to talk about it again? The game does change over time with updates and everything, so keep that in mind.

> 2535442303795050;10:
> > 2535466679027911;7:
> > > 2533274968707582;5:
> > > > 2535466679027911;4:
> > > > There was a thread about this that was discussed. OP i suggest u go search it up rather than people come here and repeat themselves again.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well you run the risk of a necropost forum rule violation so…
> >
> >
> > As in the OP read it not bring it up. haha
>
>
> That’s basically saying “If it was brought up, don’t readdress the issue.” Which isn’t a good moral standpoint on this issue.
> If it has a valid reasoning to be brought up again (which the OP has done by addressing his/her concerns.) then what’s wrong with trying to talk about it again? The game does change over time with updates and everything, so keep that in mind.

Its not that, not trying to be rude to OP for asking him to read up on another thread. Its because someone on that thread brought up a survey from various players and had a couple of links which i figure OP would find interesting.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/343i-stop-ignoring-the-comp-players/b4a7aa56-341e-422d-b906-d977dd331ba2/posts
Unable to post the link since im a recruit :frowning:

> 2535466679027911;11:
> Linked for you

in all honesty, i’ve never been a ‘hardcore’ game type (i.e., CoD) player. I like using the radar. I like seeing my reticule. The whole HUD is ok the way it is, despite the playlist.

> 2535409325325395;1:
> Remove the radar from Team Arena.

You want to get rid of radar that has been in every halo game including halo wars. Why don’t we just get rid of the battle rifle, or the smg, or better yet the halos and Master chief! (Sarcasm). You have to understand that this is a very minor requests and that I’ve seen more people want to keep the radar then want to get rid of it even if it’s only for team arena. This is halo 5 not halo 2 or 3 sadly. Things are gonna change and they have changed, so until then let’s just hope for a better halo game after 5.

> 2535409325325395;1:
> The ranking system would be fixed with the reduction of the radar because the level of players reaching high onyx levels would be reduced drastically.

Hu??? Waaaiiit… So you feel there are people that are reaching high Onyx that shouldn’t be because they are using their radar efficiently?

Please don’t.

> 2533274873772972;2:
> > 2535409325325395;1:
> > Remove the radar from Team Arena.
>
>
> Does anyone else feel their IQ drop when people ask things like this as if 343 is just going to jump right on it solely for the fact that you specifically asked them to?

Lmao

Removing radar will help only a select few if that. It would not work.

I disagree with the OP on every single point. A useful radar is what seperates Halo from other FPS game. It’s part of the winning formula. You hate getting killed by people that are better than you at utilizing the “motion tracker”, the same as others hate getting killed by you because you have a better shot then them. Halo is more than “who’s got the better shot”. It’s the ability to both effectively use the radar while shooting accurately that makes you a good player. I am ranked in Platinum usually, mostly because I play with and against Onyx level players. I play against people with a better shot than me constantly, but my map movement, evasive tactics, and attention to the radar allow me to compete beyond my rank. It’s part of Halo, learn to be better at using it.

First off the radar in arena is useless as is, all removing it will do is all of nothing.