Radar of 18m needs to return to normal of Beta25m

the radar should change to 25m! the new 18m is really useless, because doesnt give a feel of the environment, and if they spring to us very fast, we are killed much easier without a answer! the radar is broken, so please 343 bring it like it was in beta!!

I agree!!!, the radar is absolutely useless!!! u have to constantly & I mean constantly look at your radar in case someone is running around with a shotgun/scattershot or even jus beating down, u cannot see where players are on different levels or platforms & it may as well not be there at all. u have no idea about where anyone is until its too late & its the most annoying thing in the world. it needs sorting out right now, I don’t understand why it was changed from beta. 343 have u ever heard the expression “if its not broken, don’t fix it”???
Please bring back the old style radar or at least change it back to 25/30 metres cause this is disgraceful!!! & if its not changed soon then it’ll be back to destiny for me & this will be sold just like TMCC got sold only this time I wont ever buy a halo game again. Sort it out 343 please.

> 2533274802184579;1:
> the radar should change to 25m! the new 18m is really useless, because doesnt give a feel of the environment, and if they spring to us very fast, we are killed much easier without a answer! the radar is broken, so please 343 bring it like it was in beta!!

I’ll give you the same response I put in other forums asking for the same thing:

Radar should have never been in Halo. All these years, I’ve listened to the ridiculous comment from those who love AR/Pistol starts that it promotes “map movement”, which is a myth that is not true if you are in the top 20% skill level. You run to the BR, get the BR and then hold down the same map control positions you would have held down with BR starts. Map control positions don’t change even if starting weapons change. During AR starts I move less once I get a BR because you never want to risk putting yourself in a position to die and lose the BR, therefore I move more during BR starts. But let’s say it was true, then you know what ruins map movement more than BR starts? RADAR!!! If there isn’t radar and the enemy has a power weapon or BR while you have a AR, wouldn’t it be great to run around and use the map design to your advantage to surprise the enemy or shoot them from behind or assassinate them? Yes it would be great, but during all these years it was never possible because for some stupid reason people still think they need a radar. And over all these years people who asked for AR starts never once used their brains to realize that turning off radar is the single best way to improve map movement. When the pros were testing for 343, they were making comments and opinions with full thoughts and acknowledgement of what needs to be done in order to fairly balance AR/Pistol starts because most people who asked for AR starts all these years never realized the full impact and awfulness that AR starts has to the top 20% skill level of the community. Reducing radar to where it’s at now helps balance the matches when the enemy has precision weapons and you don’t. I hope going forward people realize that removing radar entirely is what is best for halo, I mean honestly, even COD doesn’t have radar until you unlock a kill streak or shoot and people play that game without a problem, why does Halo need radar? At most, Halo should only show dots temporarily when you are firing your weapon. If you want radar you are basically saying that you want less strategy, less map movement and less ways to kill your enemies in Halo.

I don’t agree Nystic. The radar change how you’re gonna fight the enemy ans how you gonna approach it. You may have a BR, DMR, AR… it doesnt change a thing. You start with a pistol that can act like a dmr/br so… why drop the radar? Halo’s radar was what changed the PVP approach by making it more challenging and rewarding. Right now the radar is way too useless cause halo 5’s pace is at his fastest right now. We’re not playing cod or bf4, we are playing Halo.

I agree with Nystic…makes perfect sense. I just wish they would only have pistol starts and no AR starts. Spray and Pray is not too fun imo.

> 2533274808393265;4:
> I don’t agree Nystic. The radar change how you’re gonna fight the enemy ans how you gonna approach it. You may have a BR, DMR, AR… it doesnt change a thing. You start with a pistol that can act like a dmr/br so… why drop the radar? Halo’s radar was what changed the PVP approach by making it more challenging and rewarding. Right now the radar is way too useless cause halo 5’s pace is at his fastest right now. We’re not playing cod or bf4, we are playing Halo.

More challenging!! Lmao! That’s why every MLG playlist turns off radar right? Because it makes it challenging at the pro level lol. It’s a handicap that noobs use who don’t want to accept the consequences for their bad position choices or to pre-nade before the other person even appears or camp behind a wall while you have the lead waiting for the other team to run by. It promotes being cheap in the worst way. That’s the opposite of challenging.

Current. Radar. Sucks.

I remember in the beta the radar would allow you to see if the enemy was on the same floor as you. How come it doesn’t do that anymore? Also the radar is kinda useless now. Needs to be larger.

> 2683394777979415;6:
> > 2533274808393265;4:
> > I don’t agree Nystic. The radar change how you’re gonna fight the enemy ans how you gonna approach it. You may have a BR, DMR, AR… it doesnt change a thing. You start with a pistol that can act like a dmr/br so… why drop the radar? Halo’s radar was what changed the PVP approach by making it more challenging and rewarding. Right now the radar is way too useless cause halo 5’s pace is at his fastest right now. We’re not playing cod or bf4, we are playing Halo.
>
>
> More challenging!! Lmao! That’s why every MLG playlist turns off radar right? Because it makes it challenging at the pro level lol. It’s a handicap that noobs use who don’t want to accept the consequences for their bad position choices or to pre-nade before the other person even appears or camp behind a wall while you have the lead waiting for the other team to run by. It promotes being cheap in the worst way. That’s the opposite of challenging.

No, it isn’t, it changes the pace, how you face enemies and how you gonna handle the fight. Tools are tools, Pro Players know how to use tools properly and adapt. It is my opinion. Scope to a snipe is a tool, smart-link to an AR is a tool, everything is there to assist players. Know how to use the tool and master it. We may not be on the same page but meh… Halo 5 is awesome :wink: