Race Playlist

I find myself going into matchmaking now and starting conversations with random asking if they forge. This mostly ends up in my ridicule apparently forging is a dumb thing to do. But then again I get the people who are like YA I LOVE RACETRACKS YOU HAVE ANY?!!! And this makes for some of the most fun times I have ever had in reach what I would like to get rid of is the asking I want to just jump into a playlist and have people who are already enjoying what I love. I’m hoping this post will get the attention of 343 industries now I understand that there are some issues with the game types that rely on honor rules well slayer has the same aspect as well, for example with people who just hide instead of play. And there are amazing forgers out there who can build and have some amazing racetracks for example Coookkiemonster, Boyd Da Milkman, V ionized, Duncain238, G0DSR3GR3T, and many many more. So maps are no issue, players there is a HUGE community that loves racetracks like myself, game types the only thing I could see as an issue is some of the BT (Battle Tracks) maps and maybe your team mate well in halo 3 if you play rocket race and your team mate wasn’t playing you were screwed anyways and now in maps it would be hard to stop people from camping on a track but not impossible please 343 let us have this playlist if you look at my profile the majority of what I play is custom games I’m a low rank for it and I can’t ever find enough people to have a full party. Bungie made a playlist for zombies in reach can you please make one for racetracks in Halo 4?!!

link to some of my tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3rfQG36Tg

Race would be something pretty cool to have. I would expect it would be in the Community Hopper with a mix of Community tracks and Default map tracks. The gametype settigns would also need an upgrade so no one could exploit it.

I agree. I often find myself perusing a race track that I downloaded from the top downloaded/rated files, and thinking how great it would be to be able to actually race against other people. (I don’t have many friends who play Halo, and even fewer who enjoy racing)

One of the first community playdates I attended was a race night set up by CruelLEGACEY. I have been priviledged enough two have attended both held by CL, and I’m pretty sure I caught a glimpse of my Spartan on the montage that he made, which 343i ended up posting on Waypoint. Yes, I was very excited about that.

Keep an eye out on the forums. I’m sure there will be another race night. I agree with the idea of have a racing dedicated playlist, but I wonder if it is really possible. All we can do right now is hope and wait to see.

<4

how about one in Reach, i can’t wait for Halo 4

I’d love a Race playlist but no rocket hog sorta games, I hate those.

Might not be as cool as a permanent playlist, but the next Halo Waypoint Community Race Night will be on Friday August 12th :wink:

I think the most difficult issue with creating a permanent playlist is that there are very few community made racetracks that aren’t broken in some way. I’ve tested dozens of racetracks over the past few months, and every single one of them is littered with kill-boundary problems, bad respawns, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, these tracks are still amazing fun to drive on, but I think Halo Racing fans just sort of accept these problems and don’t dwell on them. If you got the larger Halo population flooding into a Race playlist, you might get a lot more complaints.

I think the general “Race” gametype just needs some tweaks in order to be really solid (for example: it needs a countdown timer at the start of the race). Then there will be nothing in the way of a Racetrack playlist :slight_smile:

> One of the first community playdates I attended was a race night set up by CruelLEGACEY. I have been priviledged enough two have attended both held by CL, and I’m pretty sure I caught a glimpse of my Spartan on the montage that he made, which 343i ended up posting on Waypoint. Yes, I was very excited about that.

Yes, you did make it into that montage. And, if you look really close, you might catch a glimpse of yourself in my new video that’s being released sometime in the next week or 2 :wink:

> Might not be as cool as a permanent playlist, but the next Halo Waypoint Community Race Night will be on Friday August 12th :wink:
>
>
> I think the most difficult issue with creating a permanent playlist is that there are very few community made racetracks that aren’t broken in some way. I’ve tested dozens of racetracks over the past few months, and every single one of them is littered with kill-boundary problems, bad respawns, etc.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, these tracks are still amazing fun to drive on, but I think Halo Racing fans just sort of accept these problems and don’t dwell on them. If you got the larger Halo population flooding into a Race playlist, you might get a lot more complaints.
>
> I think the general “Race” gametype just needs some tweaks in order to be really solid (for example: it needs a countdown timer at the start of the race). Then there will be nothing in the way of a Racetrack playlist :slight_smile:
>
>
>
> > One of the first community playdates I attended was a race night set up by CruelLEGACEY. I have been priviledged enough two have attended both held by CL, and I’m pretty sure I caught a glimpse of my Spartan on the montage that he made, which 343i ended up posting on Waypoint. Yes, I was very excited about that.
>
>
> Yes, you did make it into that montage. And, if you look really close, you might catch a glimpse of yourself in my new video that’s being released sometime in the next week or 2 :wink:

Nice! I am all excited now, and have marked down the 12th. I can’t wait. I vote to play Annihilation in Race and King of the Hill . I have it downloaded but haven’t had a chance to play it with a bunch of people.

<4

I hate to sound full of myself but the group of forgers on my youtube make most of our tracks perfect maps are not the issue trust me

> I hate to sound full of myself but the group of forgers on my youtube make most of our tracks perfect maps are not the issue trust me

In my experience, perfect maps ARE an issue. Lots of tracks that I’ve tested are from official groups like Halo Tracks, yet they are still full of holes.

Please understand me here: I’m not saying the tracks aren’t amazingly fun to play, and very well constructed. I’m saying that the customization tools in Reach, although incredibly versatile, are not particularly well suited to building a rock-solid racetrack.

For example, did you know a mongoose can pass right through a kill barrier without exploding if it is moving fast enough and hits it at the right angle? Even if a map-builder creates an air-tight net of kill barriers around their track, it is still possible for a driver to fall off the road, fall through a kill barrier, and survive. This can lead to drivers ending up in parts of the map they are not intended to reach, and getting stuck there.

People who are hardcore Halo racing fans are just used to those sorts of things happening, but you can’t have things like that happen i a matchmaking playlist. The general population just won’t tolerate it.

Having said all that, I’d love to see the maps you and your group have made. I’m organizing the next Waypoint Community Race night right now, and I’m always looking for new tracks to feature :slight_smile:

> > I hate to sound full of myself but the group of forgers on my youtube make most of our tracks perfect maps are not the issue trust me
>
> In my experience, perfect maps ARE an issue. Lots of tracks that I’ve tested are from official groups like Halo Tracks, yet they are still full of holes.
>
> Please understand me here: I’m not saying the tracks aren’t amazingly fun to play, and very well constructed. I’m saying that the customization tools in Reach, although incredibly versatile, are not particularly well suited to building a rock-solid racetrack.
>
> For example, did you know a mongoose can pass right through a kill barrier without exploding if it is moving fast enough and hits it at the right angle? Even if a map-builder creates an air-tight net of kill barriers around their track, it is still possible for a driver to fall off the road, fall through a kill barrier, and survive. This can lead to drivers ending up in parts of the map they are not intended to reach, and getting stuck there.
>
> People who are hardcore Halo racing fans are just used to those sorts of things happening, but you can’t have things like that happen i a matchmaking playlist. The general population just won’t tolerate it.
>
> Having said all that, I’d love to see the maps you and your group have made. I’m organizing the next Waypoint Community Race night right now, and I’m always looking for new tracks to feature :slight_smile:

Lol this is unfortunate I started one up for August 5…

yes i do know that a mongoose can go through a kill barrier if the barrier is to thin normal spartens cant get through it but mongees can we know most issues and we have done soo much to fix it you might be suprised with us. now sweet in fact my group of forgers can provide you racetracks till you die here is a few links to videos of 1 of all of ours

RLD HotTamale’s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3rfQG36Tg

Coookkiemonsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etHrmLMevK0

Ducains23: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qQr5twhPs

Boyd da milkman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTY9Yzsg5k&feature=view_all&list=PLBDB47A00058A438C&index=9

> yes i do know that a mongoose can go through a kill barrier if the barrier is to thin normal spartens cant get through it but mongees can we know most issues and we have done soo much to fix it you might be suprised with us. now sweet in fact my group of forgers can provide you racetracks till you die here is a few links to videos of 1 of all of ours
>
> RLD HotTamale’s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3rfQG36Tg
>
> Coookkiemonsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etHrmLMevK0
>
> Ducains23: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qQr5twhPs
>
> Boyd da milkman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTY9Yzsg5k&feature=view_all&list=PLBDB47A00058A438C&index=9

Thanks for sharing! I’ll check them out for sure :slight_smile:

> Lol this is unfortunate I started one up for August 5…

Not unfortunate at all :slight_smile: The more Community Race Nights, the better! I’d be happy if there was one every weekend!

This goes better on Multiplayer,and also there’s one about Racing Playlist
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/6598.aspx?PageIndex=5