R.I.P Halo

Remember back in the good ol days when Halo was actually a good balanced game with variety? Ya know, the good ol Halo 2 and 3 days. Back when the games actually took skill to play and had a strong population. People can try and defend this garbage, but a massive decline in sales and overall population says you’re wrong. It’s sad to see how far Halo has fallen over the years, and especially with Halo 4 and 5.

The zeitgeist that is popularity is not one and the same as being good. Surely you must all realize this??

The downfall started with Reach.

Halo 5 does take skill in my opinion it’s the lack of content that “killed” it.

> 2533274837186882;2:
> The zeitgeist that is popularity is not one and the same as being good. Surely you must all realize this??

No, but it is one and the same as being financially successful, and determines how exactly the game is designed.

Popularity is irrelevant to what I consider to be the perfect Halo, yet I know my idea of perfect Halo will never be made because of popularity.

Believe me though, I love plenty of games that maybe only a few hundred people at the most have heard of.

@Ramir3z77: and thus is the law of the gaming jungle…

> 2533274819302824;5:
> > 2533274837186882;2:
> > The zeitgeist that is popularity is not one and the same as being good. Surely you must all realize this??
>
>
> No, but it is one and the same as being successful, and determines how exactly the game is designed.

Successful in terms of money and population, sure. But Halo 5 has made money so I’m not really seeing the RIP there. I’m not sure what you mean by “and determines how exactly the game is designed.” So I won’t speak to that part yet.

> Successful in terms of money and population, sure. But Halo 5 has made money so I’m not really seeing the RIP there. I’m not sure what you mean by “and determines how exactly the game is designed.” So I won’t speak to that part yet.

They design the game in a way they feel will appeal to as many people as possible for maximum profit, instead of designing it to appeal to a specific niche of players.

Has Halo 5 made money? Yes. Has it made anywhere near as much as franchise giants like Halo 3? I doubt it.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> > 2533274837186882;2:
> > The zeitgeist that is popularity is not one and the same as being good. Surely you must all realize this??
>
>
> No, but it is one and the same as being financially successful, and determines how exactly the game is designed.
>
> Popularity is irrelevant to what I consider to be the perfect Halo, yet I know my idea of perfect Halo will never be made because of popularity.
>
> Believe me though, I love plenty of games that maybe only a few hundred people at the most have heard of.

That’s exactly what I’m saying though. Popularity is a false ideal. It comes and goes. And it has only a cursory relationship between what makes it popular and what makes it good.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > Successful in terms of money and population, sure. But Halo 5 has made money so I’m not really seeing the RIP there. I’m not sure what you mean by “and determines how exactly the game is designed.” So I won’t speak to that part yet.
>
>
> They design the game in a way they feel will appeal to as many people as possible for maximum profit, instead of designing it to appeal to a specific niche of players.
>
> Has Halo 5 made money? Yes. Has it made anywhere near as much as franchise giants like Halo 3? I doubt it.

You can doubt it all you want, but you don’t know and so it’s useless speculation on your part. Only time will tell and the lens of time can look back on Halo 3 but it cannot look back on Halo 5 so what’s the point of such an argument?

Halo 3 was balanced Halo 2 had those glitches and button combinations. Still think it had the best maps though.

> 2533274812438213;11:
> Halo 3 was balanced Halo 2 had those glitches and button combinations. Still think it had the best maps though.

How were glitches not balanced? Anyone could do them. Mods, yes very unbalanced, same with standby, because only certain people could do them, but button glitches? Anyone could superbounce, anyone could double shot.

I think the button combinations made gameplay better, quicker and more spontaneous. After they stopped, melee just because hit a button, lunge and hope they die. In H2 you could BXB and have a chance to melee someone dead even if your shields were lower.

> They design the game in a way they feel will appeal to as many people as possible for maximum profit, instead of designing it to appeal to a specific niche of players.

This is blatantly false. Do you actually think Forge caters to casuals?

In halo 3 the person with the best wifi won the melee fight