R.I.P. Firefight Limited

I will spend my time on the final hours of this playlist tonight until it goes offline. I was upset, at first, by the news that FF Limited was getting the axe, but I understand why. Like with business, there’s supply and demand. Clearly FF Limited isn’t a “demand” playlist. With such an abysmal population it’s obvious that 343 doesn’t have much of a choice.

I hope that someday a new, improved version of this playlist with come in it’s place. I don’t like FF Arcade because it’s boring and removes the “survival” element that made Firefight so fun. Having limited lives made a big difference and created a fun challenge, but today’s community thinks mindlessly rocketing enemies non-stop is way more fun.

FF Limited- You had a great run. I hope a new FF playlist will one day rise from your ashes.

“Firefight Limited was dying a slow and painful death. It was breaking our hearts, and we just couldn’t stand it another month. Being the playlist-atarians we are, we thought a swift and painless end would be the most humane solution.”

What a load of BS. Why does 343i care if it doesn’t have a lot of people playing it? I know a lot of people who are real fans because it’s the only Firefight playlist four people can play that’s challenging and lets you earn real credits.

sigh

> “Firefight Limited was dying a slow and painful death. It was breaking our hearts, and we just couldn’t stand it another month. Being the playlist-atarians we are, we thought a swift and painless end would be the most humane solution.”
>
> What a load of c r a p. Why does 343i care if it doesn’t have a lot of people playing it? I know a lot of people who are real fans because it’s the only Firefight playlist four people can play that’s challenging and lets you earn real credits.
>
> sigh

I play it from time to time and it’s pretty fun with people who know how to play it. However because it’s much harder to play and people rather get easy credits through Arcade, it’s population suffers as a result and thus, it’s going to get removed. I think Limited is a good challenge, makes you earn those kills and cR instead of derping in Arcade.

Maybe it’s time to start offering super jackpots to playlists that are dying before you 86 them but eh…it’s their call. 343 felt it wasn’t worth keeping around in it’s current form anyways.

It’s still going to be in FF doubles unless they remove Limited from that too.

Limited should have offered more credits that Arcade. It’s a much bigger challenge, and much more rewarding as a result when you can complete a game, especially without dying. I play Arcade sometimes to take a break, but now there won’t be a single real Firefight playlist for four people, just Arcade, and that really sucks.

I know several people who almost exclusively play Limited.

Boo 343 Industries for removing it, and boo for dressing it up with some lame nonsense about dying a slow death blah, blah, blah. I’ve been playing it for months and the numbers haven’t gone down noticeably. Typical Microsoft BS.

> Limited should have offered more credits that Arcade. It’s a much bigger challenge, and much more rewarding as a result when you can complete a game, especially without dying. I play Arcade sometimes to take a break, but now there won’t be a single real Firefight playlist for four people, just Arcade, and that really sucks.
>
> I know several people who almost exclusively play Limited.
>
> Boo 343 Industries for removing it, and boo for dressing it up with some lame c r a p about dying a slow death blah, blah, blah. I’ve been playing it for months and the numbers haven’t gone down noticeably. Typical Microsoft BS.

Before i begin, please edit your post for you bypassed the profanity filter, this will get your post deleted/edited.

With that out of the way, decisions like these are always going to make someone upset. It’s hard enough to find players in Limited even during the day. It’s awful finding out of 300+ only another person to play with and to play FF at it’s best, four players are required.

Then on the otherside of the spectrum, those who played ODST FF felt even Limited (as close as it got) just wasn’t classic enough. Casuals found it too hardcore because of most of them don’t have thumb and just not enough incentive to play Limited over Arcade/Doubles. In that sense, 343 IMO felt like it was redundant to keep it around.

I love Limited as i said before but this was inevitable.

> With that out of the way, decisions like these are always going to make someone upset. It’s hard enough to find players in Limited even during the day. It’s awful finding out of 300+ only another person to play with and to play FF at it’s best, four players are required.
>
> Then on the otherside of the spectrum, those who played ODST FF felt even Limited (as close as it got) just wasn’t classic enough. Casuals found it too hardcore because of most of them don’t have thumb and just not enough incentive to play Limited over Arcade/Doubles. In that sense, 343 IMO felt like it was redundant to keep it around.
>
>
> I love Limited as i said before but this was inevitable.

I understand that can be hard to find players. I know it was the smallest playlist, but so what? When it’s gone, it will be even smaller, with NO option for four people to play a normal Firefight and get a decent amount of credits, and that’s what sucks. We can play custom games, but the credit payout is really lame. Or we can play Arcade, which requires no teamwork and gets boring pretty quickly. The right answer, in my opinion, would have been to pay out fewer credits for Arcade and more for LImited, which would have encouraged more people to play Limited.

Boo 343 Industries.

This is your second hate topic against 343i/Staff member…

Is some one bias towards 343?

There is a thread in the Matchmaking forum for Firefight Limited. I suggest that if nothing else you link your thread there.

> >
>
> Before i begin, please edit your post for you bypassed the profanity filter, this will get your post deleted/edited.

Nice forum cop. You forgot the part where quoting a post which bypasses the profanity filter is grounds for a ban on most forums as well.

> This is your second hate topic against 343i/Staff member…
>
> Is some one bias towards 343?

You kidding me? I’ve posted more topics than that complaining about stuff Bungie has done.

Gonna call me a Bungie hater now?

Play lists take up space on servers. Having people constantly in the queue because a match can’t be made for a game to start most likely takes up system resources.

Bungie tried the whole “let’s make an unpopular playlist the jackpot weekend” tactic, and it didn’t work. People will play in it while it’s the super jackpot, and as soon as it no longer is they’ll leave.

Seems like 343i was paying attention, and if no one plays a play list they just want to free the clutter off their servers.

Consolidation of playlists is necessary to preserve population integrity. If you want good matches and short wait times, some pruning is going to be necessary. It happened in H3, and was bound to happen in Reach.

For all the wonderful hours spent in covenant battles that required skill to stay alive, for all the epic legendary battles that took place with a solid team of four who knew what they were doing.

Old friend, i bid you farewell.

lets hope it wont stay gone for long.

It barely ever got above 250 players - on average i would see around 100, some of the lowest populations i saw were 30.

I doubt it will be back.

A shame as well because of the new FF map coming with CEA.

i really dont care how much people it got playing in FF limited there was no reason for them to get rid of the best FF playlist,

Yeah its a shame.

Now its infinite fuel rod fest. sad.

> For all the wonderful hours spent in covenant battles that required skill to stay alive, for all the epic legendary battles that took place with a solid team of four who knew what they were doing.
>
> Old friend, i bid you farewell.

was Firefight Limited ever a real firefight experience? every game i played in that list ended due to time running out. to me, that’s not the real firefight experience anyway. you should be able to play until no lives are left.

> > For all the wonderful hours spent in covenant battles that required skill to stay alive, for all the epic legendary battles that took place with a solid team of four who knew what they were doing.
> >
> > Old friend, i bid you farewell.
>
> you should be able to play until no lives are left.

Yeah i agree completely. But it was the closest thing we had to a real firefight, now we are left with something that is 10 times worse.

Thanks a lot, 343i. I wanted to play the new firefight map that comes with the Halo CEA maps in FF Limited but now it will not be possible. I guess I’ll buy Skyrim instead, and wait some time to get Anniversary. The first thing you start changing in Reach, and you have already pissed off a lot of players. “And we are just getting started”. Scary, at least.

i never got into limited, i jumped into queue a couple times but each time i was sitting there for 30 minutes + without a game. Kinda why i mostly just do arcade, at least i know i’ll find someone else to party up with and actually kill some covies. I’d love to do the elites v spartan firefight mode too but no idea where to find that one in matchmaking

Not much of a consolation, but FF Doubles has a Limited option for each round of voting.