"Pro" Gametypes

I’ve been wondering; how much do you think the names of the gametypes influence their selection? I wonder how many people would still vote for the “Pro” gametypes if they were called something more appropriate, like “Slayer Limited” or “1 Flag CTF Restricted” instead of “Pro”.

It gets real old when people pick a “Pro” gametype, without looking at anything else, like map. Yeah…“Slayer Pro”…on the “The Cage”. Nice work people. Real good selection.

Totally agree with you. What’s ‘Pro’ about fewer weapons, no radar etc.

Play the game they way it was meant to be played.

What’s pro about it is you can’t scrub it up with assault rifles running straight at people and beating down. You actually have to aim your weapon. You don’t have red dots to rely on so you have to use your mic and communicate with your team to locate the enemy. You have to team shoot to kill someone before they simply run away. The map isn’t overfilled with power weapons so that every single player on the map has one.

They called it pro because it is similar to MLG with use of the DMRs. And people pick pro because they hate when people camp with invis, AL continuously, jetpack nade, and other noobish crap. I would rather have pro on a crappy map than regular slayer on any map.

> What’s pro about it is you can’t scrub it up with assault rifles running straight at people and beating down. You actually have to aim your weapon. You don’t have red dots to rely on so you have to use your mic and communicate with your team to locate the enemy. You have to team shoot to kill someone before they simply run away. The map isn’t overfilled with power weapons so that every single player on the map has one.
>
> They called it pro because it is similar to MLG with use of the DMRs. And people pick pro because they hate when people camp with invis, AL continuously, jetpack nade, and other noobish crap. I would rather have pro on a crappy map than regular slayer on any map.

1: The Assault Rifle is far more useful when used to shoot people down, rather than trying to melee them. Burst it, and you can even put Magnums and DMRs down or force them to run from you. People who try the AR+Melee combo as their main use are doing it wrong.

2: You have to aim every weapon.

3: No one uses mics on Xbox Live anymore. They’re all in party chat or don’t have one. Communication doesn’t exist on XBL. And taking away the Motion Tracker actually makes camping and hiding easier, not harder.

4: No you don’t. If you know how to shoot, unless someone is right next to cover both the DMR and Needle Rifle can kill someone before they can even get halfway through their Sprint.

5: Most maps only have 2-3, maybe 4 power weapons, the exceptions being the BTB levels.

6: Active Camo camping is hardly camping, since it tells everyone someone is nearby. Its far more useful for helping your teammates, rather than yourself. Armor Lock is only a problem if you’re impatient, Jetpack grenades? Which are worse than normal how?

What ever happened to “pro Firefight”?
Been waiting for that since release, Bungie promised the “full firefight experience” in matchmaking, not a watered down 30 minutes version with the same waves all the time and no skulls/lives.
Although Arcade is fun, I miss real firefight (yes, played “limited” and way to easy even on legendary despite 2 suicidal that left).