"Not dying" challenges

Honestly, whose bright idea was it to make these? These are perhaps the most RAGE-inducing challenges in the entire lineup. Apparently it’s not enough that you have to not die, though, because you can’t just choose to restart the mission. No, you have to exit the game, RELOAD THE ENTIRE LEVEL, and THEN you can have another chance to get destroyed by the Covenant. Honestly, it wouldn’t be that much of a problem if you could just restart the mission. What makes it even more rage-inducing today is the fact that it’s Long Night of Solace, which not only is brutal on higher difficulties, but also has several unskippable cutscenes. That’s a good way to not get me to play this game for the rest of the day, especially considering the campaign challenges are the only thing that keep me playing (I don’t have gold)

tl;dr:
-Make restarting the mission restart the challenge
-Make those stupid cutscenes in LNoS skippable
OR
-Don’t give out these challenges

dont stress over it. Just get your self to the end of the mission and die as much as you want but before you beat the mission save and quit. Then load up and finish it. Jobs done challenge complete

Challenges are supposed to be challenging.

Also, the “not dying” ones are easy, as long as Iron is not required. If it looks like you may die, just revert to the last checkpoint before you do. Simple.

> Challenges are supposed to be challenging.

> > Challenges are supposed to be challenging.

I find them enjoyable, despite having to quit and restart the session to complete the challenge if I die. It’s not that troublesome.

> Challenges are supposed to be challenging.

I agree, but that doesn’t mean I should have to reload an entire mission just to get another chance. Difficulty =/= time wasted.

> dont stress over it. Just get your self to the end of the mission and die as much as you want but before you beat the mission save and quit. Then load up and finish it. Jobs done challenge complete

Never really tried that. I just assumed that if you used the save+quit method it would still retain the “Challenge failed.”

Either way, I still want to be able to skip those blasted cutscenes in LNoS. >_<