"Halo HD" needs to have online Matchmaking!

Disclaimer: I know that “Halo HD” (or equivalent CE remake) has yet to be confirmed, however, we’ve all heard the rumors and it’s apparent that there is a very good chance of this happening.

That being said, here’s a link to the latest article I’ve read about it ( http://www.gamestooge.com/2011/05/29/e3-11-microsoft-unveiling-halo-hd-gears-exile/ ). The article claims “but it seems it will not feature online competitive multiplayer”. I find that extremely hard to believe, but at the same time I don’t find it too farfetched - I lost a little faith in Microsoft and Halo with Reach. In layman’s terms, not having a competitive online multiplayer matchmaking system included in a Halo CE remake would be the fail of the century.

I’m not going to get into my reasons why there should be an online multiplayer as I think that the reasons are fairly obvious. I’m making this thread to get people’s support in assuring that there be an online matchmaking system in this remake that we are 99% sure is going to happen.

Thanks for reading, “Halo HD” needs matchmaking.

Unless this game has multiplayer matchmaking, I will just be buying CE off the marketplace

It certainly would be nice, but I’ll probably buy it even if it’s just Campaign and maybe Custom Games.

To an extent, yes. We don’t need another full-blown matchmaking system for this game. A more simple approach, something like a custom games finder, would be more apporiate.

> It certainly would be nice, but I’ll probably buy it even if it’s just Campaign and maybe Custom Games.

For $6 you can buy the original at Best Buy and do either of those things. That’s $54 left in your pocket to better the world with. Wow I’m good at saving you money.

> > It certainly would be nice, but I’ll probably buy it even if it’s just Campaign and maybe Custom Games.
>
> For $6 you can buy the original at Best Buy and do either of those things. That’s $54 left in your pocket to better the world with. Wow I’m good at saving you money.

Haha looks like we got a comedian in the bunch!

It at least needs System Link capability with the Xbox 360. I will be happy with that, but Online Matchmaking would make the game a whole new experience.

No. Reach would be dead.

> No. Reach would be dead.

Who cares?

> No. Reach would be dead.

Tragedy.

But seriously, if the game could be the superior multiplayer experience, I don’t see what the problem would be with taking from the population with the hopes of building a better community in the new game.

> > No. Reach would be dead.
>
> Tragedy.
>
> But seriously, if the game could be the superior multiplayer experience, I don’t see what the problem would be with taking from the population with the hopes of building a better community in the new game.

Heh I laughed. Do you know how much people would complain about the Pistol being Overpowered. Id take Reach.

If CE2 or Hd, or w/e you want to call it doesnt have MM then there is no point for me to buy it. If I wanted to play the campaign again I would just put CE in my disc tray, why waste $60 on a game I already have with prettier graphics.

343 if you are reading this I highly suggest you add in MM, otherwise your doing no better than milking the halo franchise and that would be severely dissapointing

How could they possibly know that…I mean honestly what are they going off of?

The Halo HD remake seems like a thing, but we know nothing concrete about it. This article is chocked full of yoink.

I’m fairly sure Halo HD isn’t happening. Main reason being is that it just doesn’t seem like a realistic choice for 343i. I mean sure, there’s a lot of nostalgic people around here who’d probably spend every waking moment playing it, but the majority of people? I doubt it. Community-focused or not 343i have to conform with the majority to a certain extent to make their games sell, and a step backwards in terms of gameplay isn’t going to sell (go ahead, hate me, but it is).

No matchmaking, no buy.

> No matchmaking, no buy.

This.

This is anecdotal information. You don’t have to believe it but I do because I know something of the source.

Only ~20% of Halo 2 and 3 sales resulted in a Gamer Tag playing in matchmaking. If this is true then ~80% bought the games for other reasons (campaign, home network).

The implication is that for original sales, XBLive mulitplayer is not important. Now if you want the game to have legs and garner more aftermarket sales then it makes sense to included a viable XBLive matchmaking (MM) option.

There is a logical reason why a potential Halo CE remake will not include XBLive matchmaking. It is a simple fact that MM quality is based on the quantity of players in that stream. The more players you have the better the experience. If two or more Halo multiplayer titles of similar quality are available at the same time they will obviously share the same player population. The result is fewer people for each game thus lowering the quality of MM. For example, Halo 3 arguably pulls ~100,000 away from Halo REACH every 24hr period. Halo REACH is running at 500,000 to 650,000 daily. Now add in a new Halo CE multiplayer environment and you will reduce the per game population even more.

Microsoft and 343i are nowhere near releasing a Halo 4. They just need to keep loyal Halo fans happy until it is ready to be released. A Halo CE campaign remake could be just such a method. That and more DLC for REACH should keep Halo fans quite active without degrading the most recent and still relatively young multiplayer experience.

If there’s no multiplayer I won’t buy it.

While there may be a logical reason for not including matchmaking, matchmaking would be the only reason to purchase this game. Halo: CE was great, if I want to play campaign I’ll go play it. The largest reason for a remake is to bring Xbox Live matchmaking to CE’s multiplayer and if they don’t do that then what is the point at all?

> While there may be a logical reason for not including matchmaking, matchmaking would be the only reason to purchase this game. Halo: CE was great, if I want to play campaign I’ll go play it. The largest reason for a remake is to bring Xbox Live matchmaking to CE’s multiplayer and if they don’t do that then what is the point at all?

The point of doing anything at all for CE is to entertain all of the newer Halo players who never played on the old XBOX.

It’s difficult to attract customer’s money using old graphics from an old system.

I am not actually behind the whole CE remake must exist group. I am just trying to rationalize it. If it got made, I’d probably buy it. As much as I loved the original CE campaign, the graphics are poor by today’s 360 standard and I would never buy the current download version. Just like I would never buy a VHS or DVD of a movie I like. Only 1080p HD or Blu-Ray. Why buy a beater when a new version exists.

I’d never want the old CE multiplayer either. Boring and dated. I think the best new Halo multiplayer will be a merging of Halo 3 and Halo REACH styles. Some equipment from Halo 3 and some armour abilities from REACH.